Start by marking “Tempest” as Want to Read:
Tempest

Tempest

Professor Charlotte “Charlie” Reynolds assumes that the weather is the only thing she has to worry about when she prepares to lead the last backpacking group of the season up Tempest Mountain. Joined at the last minute by sinfully sexy Jake Nelson and his beautiful young companion, Charlie is caught up in a dangerous whirlwind of nature, illicit activities and a man she ca ...more
Published August 14th 2010 by CreateSpace (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tempest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempest

Jamie DeBree
Aug 09, 2010 Jamie DeBree added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-me
I wrote it!
Danielle
Aug 14, 2010 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Danielle by: Jamie DeBree
I read Tempest in a single sitting - that's saying something, given that I usually only read in short bursts on my lunch breaks!

The tension between Charlie and Jake is evident from the beginning of the story. Initially, I was concerned that the author might be building up to something she couldn't maintain, but each of their intimate encounters had the same intensity. The language and descriptions used were enough to get her point across, but definitely not the over-the-top cliches that are seen
Jamie DeBree
Sep 08, 2010 Jamie DeBree added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-me
I wrote it. :-)
Quinn
Feb 18, 2011 Quinn rated it really liked it
Tempest is a book you could read in one sitting, and it would keep you engaged the entire time. The action comes into play early, and keeps a steady momentum throughout, with some truly memorable moments.

Professor Charlotte “Charlie” Reynolds is leading a group of hikers up Tempest Mountain. Among the group is Jake Nelson, a man to whom Charlie feels an irresistible pull. Unfortunately he is accompanied by the beautiful and much younger Adrienne.

This would have to be the hiking trip from hell. S
Colette
Feb 20, 2011 Colette rated it liked it
Normally I have a lot of trouble with Romantic Suspense novels. Normally either the Romance part or the suspense part bugs me. Such was not the case with Tempest. This novella managed to capture what romantic suspense is supposed to have : action, adventure, romance and suspense. In my experience, so few romantic suspense books manage to do all three successfully. In Tempest there were bear attacks, wolf attacks and bad guys with guns, and a super hot undercover agent to rescue everyone. What mo ...more
Ruth
Oct 31, 2010 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that play out like a movie in my mind. The author did an excellent job of making everything feel real without getting bogged down in the description (which is something I hate). I'm more of a "get to the action" kind of girl, and this book is full of action.

The chemistry between Charlie and Jake well very well executed, and I happened to enjoy the masturbation scene. I never see that in a romance unless it's an erotic romance. I thought the sex scenes were just right
Heidi Sutherlin
Nov 26, 2011 Heidi Sutherlin rated it it was amazing
TEMPEST starts out moving quickly and maintains the energy and driving forward motion that marks a book as one that demands to be read in one sitting. The setting, the characters, the suspense all combine to create a highly satisfying story punctuated by surprising moments of heat. I guarantee that you will not be able to read this in small bites. This is definitely the book to reward yourself with after a long week. Highly recommend.
Lillie
Dec 28, 2011 Lillie rated it it was ok
The story seemed to have a continuity problem to me. Characters escaped from dangerous situations without explanation and in one chapter the heroine was rescued from capture before being captured in the next chapter.
Carol Ward
Dec 28, 2011 Carol Ward rated it it was amazing
I love books that blend adventure with romance. This was a perfect mix of tension, action, and romance. But I think what I loved most about it was the fact that the heroine, Charlie, went through so much but never gave up. We should all have her kind of courage. :-)
Susie Lindeberg
Oct 05, 2010 Susie Lindeberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this novella. I read most of it while on a mini-vacation in Montana. ;-) A lot of twists & turns & a very good read.
Medeia Sharif
Apr 22, 2011 Medeia Sharif rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
This is a fun, fast, sexy read. I devoured it in one sitting. I plan on reading DeBree's second novel since this didn't disappoint.
kimobbs
kimobbs rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Erica Chapman
Dec 20, 2010 Erica Chapman rated it it was amazing
Hot and sexy! DeBree weaves suspense, thrills and lots of action!
Mandy Boyer
Mandy Boyer rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2011
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2011
Dee Carney
Dee Carney rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2011
Elizabeth (Liz)
Elizabeth (Liz) rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2011
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Brooklyn Ann
Brooklyn Ann rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Terre Britton
Terre Britton rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2011
J.A. Howell
Oct 09, 2010 J.A. Howell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.Will be writing a bit more of a review later :)
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2011
♥ BJ ♥
♥ BJ ♥ rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Bailey
Bailey rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2012
A full-time webmistress by day, Jamie DeBree writes steamy, action-packed romantic suspense late into the night. Her goal is to create the perfect blend of sensual attraction, emotional tension and fast-paced adventure, similar to the television crime dramas she’s hopelessly addicted to.

Born in Billings Montana, she resides there with her husband and two over-sized lap dogs. She reads in a wide va
More about Jamie DeBree...