Start by marking “Pane of Death (A Glassblowing Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pane of Death (A Glassblowing Mystery, #2)

Pane of Death (A Glassblowing Mystery #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Glassblower Emmeline Dowell finds herself accused of murder after a priceless stained glass collection is stolen and the owner is killed. And since the police chief is also her boyfriend, she needs to crack the case fast -- before their relationship is permanently shattered.
Published November 4th 2008 by Berkley (first published October 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pane of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pane of Death

Kim
Pane of Death
by Sarah Atwell
Berkley Publishing Group
Cozy Mystery
ISBN: 978-0-425-22501-1

On the cover of Pane of Death it says, ‘A Glassblowing Mystery”. That’s because this is one of those light mysteries in which the setting and main character are connected with glass blowing. A lot of these cozy style mysteries are this way, featuring knitting, cooking, scrapbooking, etc. It makes for a different kind of setting than the hard-boiled stories. As with the others of its kind, Pane of Death gives
Michelle
This is the second book in the Glassblowing cozy mystery series set in Tucson. Em has been asked to help out with the installation of a series of art glass panels at a multi-millionaire's new Tucson home by a fellow glassmaker (stained glass), Maddy, who she does not like very much. Peter was head of a software firm that he somewhat mysteriously decided to shut down. Em has to deal with Maddy's jealousy when Peter wants her to be more involved given her expertise. When Peter ends up murdered and ...more
Patty
I really liked the earlier book in this series. In this one I was often frustrated at the main character (Em) because she is insulted and hurt at being shut out of a police/FBI investigation. Just because you are intimately involved with the police chief doesn't mean that you automatically get included in all aspects of the investigation. I kept wanting to tell her to grow up and get real.

Em is approached by another local who works glass about working on a project with a local multi-millionaire
Nell
I did not enjoy this book as much as the first one. The MC spent too much time complaining; her internal dialogue was childish and added nothing to the story. The thief was obvious though the connection between the conspiracy and the murder were more difficult to figure out. I will read the next one in this series and hope this one was just a sophomore slump.
Erin
I'm so not happy with this book. The main character is a complete twit. She has decided that she should be included in police investigations, even though she completely excludes them and doesn't share what she finds. Even worse, she then blames the police for not acting on the information she didn't share. Really?

Really?

And she demanded to be involved in questioning witnesses? AND WAS ALLOWED TO! Um, improper procedure anyone? I don't know of a single cop who would allow that. She's messing with
Lynn
I found this book at a bargain bin at a big box store. For $3.50 I wasn't expecting much, and I was very pleased by the book. I'm not sure I'll seek out the other two in the series, but I wouldn't turn them down if I happened upon them.

The mystery was well-crafted and I was on the wrong track for most of the book. I did get a bit annoyed by the character's glass-art snobbery, but reading only the one book it was not too bad. I am certain I could not take a whole series with that kind of characte
Little Fish
Every time I read one of Sarah Atwell's Books I learn a little more about Glass Blowing and the Warehouse District in Tucson, AZ. I have yet to make it down there!

Glassblower Emmaline Dowell is the Glassblower, who is supposed to have a shop and school in the Warehouse District. She was invited to help with a "Project"-Glass Panes of enormous size to be placed in a home. She, of course, had to find the Body of the owner of these "Panes" of Glass and was accused of his Murder. How she extracates
Susan
Phoenix glassblower Em is asked to help a millionaire computer mogul display his valuable glass panels. When she finds him dead, and the panels missing, she becomes an unlikely suspect, much to the displeasure of her boyfriend, the local police chief. An FBI who wants to make her name on the art recovery squad asks Em's brother to hack into the mogul's laptop to find out more about the glass panels. Second in a series.
Mendy
A wonderful 2nd installment. I'm considering seeking out a glass blowing class just because of this series. I find Em to be a delightful heroine. I do despise the cliched use of a cop boyfriend in yet another cozy but I do understand the need for there to be some way for Em to get her information. The end was a little bit surprising but I was able to follow Sarah Atwell as she led me to the conclusion.
Rebecca
Vicky
I liked the second book in the glassblowing series better than the first. I read this novel in one day before and after work. It took a long time (page 66) to get to the actual plot. From that point on, it was a predictable ending. Doubt if I will hunt for book #3 when it is released.
Susan
I again am so glad that I found this series, once again great definitions on glassblowing, recipes, and the story was awesome too! Once again Emmeline finds a body and of course chaos follows as she tries to solve the mystery. Ready for the next one!
Linda
This was a good story that I very much enjoyed. Good writing and likeable characters. Love the glass blowing in it to and it makes me want to see if there is some place nearby that offers classes like those in the book.
Cheryl
An enjoyable mystery - a first person narrative set in modern day Tucson, Arizona. Main character used to be a stockbroker; now she's a glassblower with her own shop - and dating the chief of police. Entertaining!
Cindee
This one is a cozy mystery, the subject being glassblowing. The story was engaging, the characters quite likeable and the end result.. well, cozy.

And sometimes that's exactly what you need in a book.
Mark Macatee
Wonderful. Better than the first. Really like how the characters are expanding. I especially like that characters continue to appear in the following books like her brother Cam and that Allison returned.
Christa
I like books that have people in careers outside of law enforcement solving crimes. Glass blowing is not a familiar profession to me, so the extra tidbits give me an insight into something new.
Elaine
This was even better than the first one! I enjoyed it and can't wait to read more.
Lindig
Set in Tucson. I liked this, though only one person visually came alive in my mind.
Mary  (Biblophile)
Ho-hum. Couldn't get into this one. Gave up. Too many other books to read.
Shannon
I am fascinated by blown glass so this series is interesting as it weaves a mystery with tid bits about blowing glass. I have read most of the series. It's a relaxing read. The main character is a strong woman who is eclectic and smart.
Richard Boyer
Richard Boyer marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
HelenMarie
HelenMarie marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Estelle Landry
Estelle Landry marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Rowan123
Rowan123 marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
  • Stamped Out (A Stamping Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • A Killer Workout (A Fat City Mystery, #2)
  • Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery, #11)
  • Dial Om for Murder (Mantra for Murder, #2)
  • Death Swatch (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #6)
  • A Murderous Glaze (Clay and Crime, #1)
  • Bookmarked For Death (Booktown Mystery #2)
  • Faux Finished (An Interior Design Mystery, #1)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • Some Like It Hot-Buttered (Double Feature Mystery #1)
  • A Killer Collection (A Collectible Mystery, #1)
A pseudonym used by Sheila Connolly.
As Sarah Atwell, author of the new Berkley Prime Crime Glassblower Series, in March 2008. The first sequel, Pane of Death, will be published in November 2008.

Under Sheila Connolly, One Bad Apple, Berkley Prime Crime, came out in August 2008."
More about Sarah Atwell...
Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1) Snake in the Glass (A Glassblowing Mystery, #3)