Snake in the Glass (A Glassblowing Mystery, #3)

Snake in the Glass (A Glassblowing Mystery #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  15 reviews

When a nervous stranger appears at Emmeline Dowell's glassblowing studio begging to use her kiln for an experimental gem treatment, Em finds it a little odd, though nothing to be alarmed about. After all, the annual Gem Show is in town, and everyone in Tucson seems obsessed by it. Besides, Em's too worried about her missing brother Cameron to pay much attention, until a de

Published September 1st 2009 by Berkley Books (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Snake in the Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snake in the Glass

Michelle Randall
Book three in the Glassblowing Mystery series is as well-written and interesting as the previous books, and I enjoyed the cast of characters that are central to the storyline.

Em, is flying home from Ireland. She and Allison had went on a short vacation to reconnect with Allison's family and to heal some of her old wounds, but much to the dismay of Em and the rest of the cast, Allison has decided to stay on a little longer, which sends Cam, Em's brother and boyfriend to Allison, off in a sulk.

Unc...more
Patty
Em comes home from a vacation in Ireland with some bad news for her brother Cam, Alison has decided to stay there instead of come home with Em.

Cam takes this very hard and takes off to be by himself for a while. Meanwhile, Em is trying to get back into her glassblowing business, her relationship with Matt and generally normal life.

When a strange man stops in and asks if he can rent some time with Em's glass furnaces life turns very strange. After about a week of being gone both Alison (who came...more
Michelle
This is the third book in the Glassblowing series. Em has returned from Ireland without Allison, and has to tell her brother, who is moving to Tucson to be with his girlfriend, that she does not know when she will be coming back. Cam leaves in a huff to do a contract project prior to the start of his new job. In the meantime, a professor asks to use some of Em's equipment to try to heat treat peridot stones to change their color. When Cam disappears and a body is found in the desert with stones...more
Carol
Or maybe one and a half stars. There are some things I like about this Glassblowing Mystery series - the characters, the sensible approach to solving the mystery, the glassblowing information. But I became very bored in the middle of this book and skipped ahead to read just the last few chapters. Then I decided I didn't need to go back and read the parts I skipped. I'm on the fence on whether I'll read the next book in the series, might give it the benefit of the doubt, but this one was not a go...more
Kathryn
Even though this is the third book in the series, and having not yet read the first two, I never felt like I was missing anything. The story focuses around the semi-precious gemstone peridot. At the beginning of each chapter there is a tidbit of information about peridot which I found very interesting. I had a problem with only one plot point which I will not go into, for fear of spoiling the mystery. All in all a good little cozy mystery.
Linda
I really enjoy these mysteries featuring a Tucson, Arizone glassblower who manages to get herself embroiled in a murder. This time it has to do with gems, specially peridot, and the Tucson Gem Show. With the help of her boyfriend,(who happens to be the police chief), and assorted friends and family, Em tracks down a killer and unravels a gem of a mystery.
Christa
This is another series, where the main character, a woman, has some other profession, but solves crimes anyway. You also learn a little about glass blowing techniques and lingo.
Some added suspense to this book is her missing brother.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I'm really at lost as to whether I like this series more than the "Orchard Series" by Sheila Connolly. I think I like them both equally. Very clever writing. I look forward to more episodes.
Mark Macatee
It was okay. The ending was a bit dissatisfying but the characters remained good. I did not like that Em was basically not part of the wrap up at all.
Susan
Ms. Atwell needs to get on the ball and write another one. I enjoyed this series very much and want to find out more about Emma.
Lynne
Another fun book by this author. This time you learn about gemstones--peridot to be exact.
Vicky
This wasa much better read than the previous two attempts.I enjoyed this novel,
Laurie
Fun, not complicated read. Loved the glass blowing information.
Mary  (Biblophile)
I found this one rather boring and slow moving.
Synyster Lovely
Synyster Lovely marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Dwayne Keller
Dwayne Keller marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kathie
Kathie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nell
Nell marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
A pseudonym used by Sheila Connolly.
As Sarah Atwell, author of the new Berkley Prime Crime Glassblower Series, in March 2008. The first sequel, Pane of Death, will be published in November 2008.

Under Sheila Connolly, One Bad Apple, Berkley Prime Crime, came out in August 2008."
More about Sarah Atwell...
Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1) Pane of Death (A Glassblowing Mystery, #2)