Start by marking “The Solution: Conquer Your Fear, Control Your Future” as Want to Read:
The Solution: Conquer Your Fear, Control Your Future

The Solution: Conquer Your Fear, Control Your Future

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Thanks to this new program by best-selling self-help author Lucinda Bassett, it's possible to do a life-changing emotional makeover in only 21days. Her process-oriented approach to dealing with stress and anxiety covers everything from money to health to relationships.
Bassett shows readers how to go from fearful to focused; how to alleviate insecurity and feel confident ab
Published January 4th 2011 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about The Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Solution

Jaidis Shaw
Nov 14, 2010 Jaidis Shaw rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Solution by Lucinda Bassett is a 21 day emotional makeover for taking control of your life. This is the first book that I have read of Ms. Bassett's and I was interested in reading about the ways she suggested to eliminate stress from your life. We all have stress in our daily lives and sometimes it can be hard to let go of the stresses, either from past events or present ones, and just live life. With the holidays fast approaching, I did not have the time to do the 21 day challenge personal ...more
Tabitha
Dec 05, 2010 Tabitha rated it really liked it
I received this book a few days ago. The purpose of the solution is to teach people how to deal with stress. It shows the reader how to deal with their stress in 21 days. I plan to plunge deeper into the 21 steps and keep a journal like the book suggest. I want to read this book because I suffer from migraines because of stress. I hope this book could help me with this problem. I must admit that after reading the first chapter I was shocked that I was smiling, this book made me believe maybe I c ...more
Jan 28, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Won this one through First Reads Good Reads!!! So far it is not what I expected, but I am enjoying it!

So i have finally finished!!! I loved the ending! There is lots of stories and self help techniques to become the best person you can be. On several occasions I had to put it down and think about it! I think the biggest thing I liked is that it reminded me that I have dreams and that it doesn't matter what age you are you can pursue those things. I know there are many times I have wanted to sta
Judy
Mar 21, 2011 Judy rated it did not like it
Good, common-sense ideas to improve one's life.

But I don't enjoy books written by glitzy self-promoters who sell their stuff on infomercials and then become "experts" when PBS features them on a special.

Her book reminded me of Dr. Amen, whom I just saw on one such special, and then I noticed that he wrote the foreword for her book!

I found it useful to skim her book for the steps and ignore the examples, except for the interesting ones (Ted Turner). Most of the examples, while inspirational I'm s
Aimee
Dec 07, 2010 Aimee rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on Goodreads and just finished reading it. I have read a few self-help books before and found that a lot of this book was advice that I had heard before. Even so, I did find this book helpful and am glad I read it. Lucinda Bassett has a passion for helping others to have better lives that really comes through in this book. Her positive energy is conatagious. I felt better after reading it and it gave me some good advice on how to not be so hard on myself.
Laurie Jackson
Goodreads winner. Thank you am looking forward to this as I have never really been one for self help books but was curious as to how and if I can get some improvement on a few things in only 21 days.I will let you know how the program works for me and if I feel it is a book the majority of people could benefit from. Cause you know we all could use a little help every now and then.. I love the way this reads so easy and flowing not like a self help book..
Janice Crespo
Dec 08, 2010 Janice Crespo rated it it was amazing
While many authors and speakers will share their thoughts and feelings on the Law of Attraction, the Secret or whatever it is you want to call it, Lucinda actually takes this information and puts it into common sense steps that make this so much easier. While I can't say that I have all I want, just since starting the book, things have improved tremendously. Be sure to put this one on your reading list!
Sylvia Belle
Nov 27, 2011 Sylvia Belle rated it liked it
I found this book very informative. I lost 10 lbs while reading this book but I have put most of it back on and will read this book again and see if it works.
I like this quote and put it on my calendar. "I'm in tune, in touch, on top and going forward. I'm organized and in control of today especially. Today's my day and let's do it."
This book is worth reading and I recommend it.
Rachel
Nov 07, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I didn't get to finish this book, but it was a worthwhile read if life is lived based on fear. If I had more time to dedicate to doing the work that the book takes you through, by the end of the book I can see that maybe fear wouldn't have disappeared from life, but I would definitely have a better understanding of the role it plays.
Linda
Mar 21, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. There is so much to learn about oneself and made me do a lot of thinking. Made me take a good look at myself and have a better understanding of my life that I had been so confused about in the past. This is definitely a book I will read more than once.
Catherine
Apr 24, 2011 Catherine rated it it was amazing
I love this book!

My daughter 'inherited' depression, anxiety and an eating disorder from me.

She is now in recovery.

We read this book together and I am seeing such improvement in both of us in the way that we are handling anxiety and stress in our lives.
Kathryn
Apr 13, 2011 Kathryn marked it as to-read
Shelves: gave-up
Tried to read this book three times. I had hoped it would help with my chronic anxiety. I couldn't get past her pompous, self-promoting attitude... really, in the end, we all have a story, but that doesn't mean we should write a book...
Drema
Jan 11, 2011 Drema added it
The steps in this book are easy and simple to understand and accomplish. This book really helped me have a positive view on my life.
Landy
Jan 03, 2011 Landy marked it as to-read
Thank you Goodreads First Reads for this free book. Looking forward to reading it when I get it.
Annette
Oct 10, 2012 Annette rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
I did like this book more then a lot of other self help books.
Rhonda
Feb 06, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
I have a hard time with self help books,
Jasmin Mesic
Jasmin Mesic marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Ashley Godfrey
Ashley Godfrey marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Sunshine D
Sunshine D marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Johanna Delgado
Johanna Delgado marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
ARIEL
ARIEL marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Nisha Mendonsa
Nisha Mendonsa marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Latoya
Latoya rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Katie Caruso
Katie Caruso marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Lifeskills16
Lifeskills16 marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Laura Dogsmom
Laura Dogsmom marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Angela Walker
Angela Walker marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Lea Jean
Lea Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lucinda Bassett: Guiding you through personal transformation

For millions of people worldwide, Lucinda Bassett is a symbol of hope and strength. She has dedicated her career to helping others achieve personal transformation; guiding people through fear, challenge, change, and loss to a life of happiness and fulfillment. Lucinda’s own story of personal transformation starts with overcoming a debilit
More about Lucinda Bassett...