Start by marking “Conspiracy of Kindness: Revised and Updated a Unique Approach to Sharing the Love of Jesus” as Want to Read:

God is seeking to enter the heart of every person on this planet. Yet, for those who are not gifted evangelists, the task of communicating the Gospel can seem daunting. What if there was another way? There is, and it's called the conspiracy of kindness. Operating on a simple premise, this exciting form of servant evangelism enables every follower of Christ, from brand-new ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Regal Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Conspiracy of Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conspiracy of Kindness

Karen Salisbury
Feb 01, 2016 Karen Salisbury rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think most of us want to share Jesus and do His works on the earth, but we maybe don’t know where to start. This book is simple, straightforward, and SO helpful in giving us ideas for how to reach out to people with the love of the Lord. If evangelism isn’t your primary gift, here’s a way to go ahead and share the Gospel anyway. It’s why we’re here on earth! Our kindness CAN change the world! Steve shows us a new approach for sharing the love of Jesus – just loving deeds that we can all do. I ...more
Shannon
Sjogren is right about the American church's inward focus and the failures of typical evangelism methods, including the lack of dependence on God to do the work of bringing people to Himself and the tendency of Christians to be all talk and no action in evangelism. Yet, this book seems to substitute one evangelism "program" for the others. God works in a variety of ways, and we shouldn't be so committed to one type of evangelism that we fail to recognize that something else will work better in a ...more
Brian Fulton
Jan 03, 2013 Brian Fulton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I am in the middle of the pre-launch stage of church planting, this book was perfect timing for me. I wasn't looking for a "how-to book" but rather more coaching from guys who have been there. Sjogren gives his 5 cents on most issues church planters will face and gives great practical coaching for each issue. Often, too many church planting books error on the other spectrum: theory and academic models. Even if not planting, any minister would find this book helpful. He doesn't focus on how-to ...more
Aaron Carpenter
Feb 06, 2016 Aaron Carpenter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Sjogren offers a sort of field manual of church planting, rooted in the "servant evangelism" philosophy he presented in "The Conspiracy of Kindness." But this is no retread. It is a rather random collection of church planting principles arising out of Scripture, wisdom, and experience. As a church planter in the beginning stages, I can only guess at how well these principles work out in practice, and perhaps other reviewers can weigh in. But the greatest benefit I've found so far i ...more
Stuart
Aug 04, 2013 Stuart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
Servant evangelism is yet another wonderful method of Christian evangelism. However if acts of kindness are done with out the clear presentation of the motivation of why those acts of kindness are being done it is an insufficient method of evangelism. Acts of kindness can be a possible ear opener to the Gospel, but they alone do not clearly present the way of salvation to anyone. I fully agree with the author that people do not care what you have to say until they clearly feel and know that you ...more
Bevan
Mar 27, 2014 Bevan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, spirituality
Fantastic! So challenging! I'm one of those people who gets caught up in "ministry" and the church world and loses the perspective of things that really matter -- that God wants to show his love by way of ACTION not just words. This book messed with me from beginning to end, challenging me to stop be so results-driven and get love-driven instead. I can't wait to put into action what Sjogren was teaching, not only in the ministry that I run but in my personal life!
Shiloh
May 03, 2008 Shiloh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had heard about this from Jim. he had worked with this church years ago and had done this kind of ministry in several cities. I decided to pick up the book when it was a dollar at the library sale. I think it is a fabulous concept and would be a great ministry for Boulder Street or any church or group. Excellent resorce.
Angela
this is a treatise on how to creatively attend to others needs, even if they are strangers. It didn't probably spend enough time on cultural sensitivity and considering what a neighborhood would worry about if a church group descended upon it in order to "clean it up".
Shirley
Sep 03, 2011 Shirley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-growth
I absolutely loved this simple, loving approach to sharing the Gospel. So far removed from the edgy approach that so many Evangelicals tend to take. It was a breath of fresh air. And reading it impacted my life.
Audra
Oct 10, 2012 Audra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are dozens of incredible ways in this book to share God's love, and be hands and feet. If you're not feeling led to stand on the street corner yelling than try some of these evangelistic ideas and tools.
Gabriel
Jul 24, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Ever read a book that clarifies and organizes a bunch of things you've been thinking/doing for a long time? This is that book for me. Conspiracy of Kindness is a practical guide to evangelism for the rest of us, and it's changing the way I think about the rest of my life.
Melissa
Mar 12, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is more than just a how-to guide about "sharing the love of God in a practical way". It gives the average Joe inspiration to make the world a better place in simple, easy acts of kindness. Everyone should read this book!
Diane
Sep 11, 2008 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-life
Love people by serving them without strings attached. I think this offers a practical way to touch many people with the love of God and find those who are spiritually curious and open. It seems to be a way to break down prejudices against Christians. Practical how to's included.
Nov 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read while at Crown.
Ken Stone
Feb 22, 2015 Ken Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew Steve and Janie from his involvement in collegiate ministry at Bethany College in Ks. He writes as he is in the book, as servant evangelist.
Mark
Dec 25, 2007 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Provides a good perspective on evangelism, and some great anecdotal stories. In my opinion, it gets fairly repetitive, but the message is still a good one.
Dave Jones
Oct 21, 2010 Dave Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, how-to
This is a great way to evangelize and reflect God's love in practical and tangible ways.
Arlene
Sep 24, 2008 Arlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I didn't grow up in organized religion, I loved the concept of "random acts of kindness", as being the example of how we should live our lives.
Nov 22, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Sjogren had a great message - get out and show God's love in practical ways.

My criticism with the book would be the repetition with his stories.
William Chamberlin
Great read to invoke ideas about outreach
Joshua Trombley
Didn't know that a car wash could take up so many pages.
Kevin Mcallister
Kevin Mcallister rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Helen Burke
Helen Burke rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Wilfedo
Wilfedo rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2015
TJ
TJ rated it really liked it
May 29, 2007
Ivan Crossno
Ivan Crossno rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Lanceonline
Lanceonline rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Douglas
Douglas rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Gary Stratton
Gary Stratton rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2008
Misti Konsavage
Misti Konsavage rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
  • The Last Christian Generation
  • Becoming a Contagious Christian Live Seminar: Participant's Guide: Communicating Your Faith in a Style That Fits You
  • Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary: How to Reach Friends and Family Who Avoid God and the Church
  • Natural Church Development: A Guide to Eight Essential Qualities of Healthy Churches
  • Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God
  • On Being a Servant of God
  • Creative Teaching Methods
  • Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and the Churches that Reach Them
  • God Meant it for Good
  • The Warfare of the Spirit: Developing Spiritual Maturity
  • Improving Your Serve
  • Poems That Touch the Heart
  • Confessions of a Pastor: Adventures in Dropping the Pose and Getting Real with God
  • Apologetics for a New Generation: A Biblical and Culturally Relevant Approach to Talking About God
  • The Forgiving Hour
  • Take and Read: Spiritual Reading (An Annotated List)
  • Maximized Manhood