Start by marking “Deadly Vintage (A Molly Doyle Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Vintage (A Molly Doyle Mystery #4)

Deadly Vintage (Molly Doyle #4)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Antiques shop manager Molly Doyle takes on redesigning the tasting area of a prestigious winery and finds herself the prime suspect when her client's husband is murdered at a family dinner.
Published 2007 by Perseverance Press, Daniel & Daniel, Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Vintage

Georgiann Hennelly
For once Molly Doyle's life is going well ,Treasures Antiques the shop she manages in Carmel is doing well .Emma her niece continues to enrich her life .And her relationship with the chief of police has taken an interesting turn, Molly is eager to branch out into interior decoration, she takes on a lucrative commission to refurbish the wine tasting rooms at Bello Lago, a prestigious family -owned winery in Carmel valley. But she soon finds herself in the middle of the dysfuntional familys squabb ...more
P.J. Coldren
Molly Doyle’s life is going fairly smoothly for this ten minutes. How can expanding her antique business into some high quality interior design be a bad thing? Her first major job is a commission to refurbish the tasting rooms at a prestigious local family-owned winery. Sure, the husband of the woman who gave her the commission, Todd Jessup, is very vocal in his opinions of her talents and abilities; as Molly says, she’s working for Carla Jessup and Todd can be as rude as he likes. Which he is. ...more
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Unfortunately, this is the last book in the series. If you've read the first three, it probably won't surprise you to learn that the author died of lung cancer; Molly Doyle, the protagonist of these books, loved her smokes.

This books had started to suffer from the problem that plagues many mystery series — it's just not typical for someone who isn't a member of law enforcement or living a risky/criminal lifestyle to be on the periphery of murders repeatedly. Also, there was less antiques natter,
Suzan
The last Molly Doyle book. I loved this series and wish there could be more. Elaine Flinn passed away and so did her wonderful series. I loved the setting of Carmel and the cast of characters in this warm hearted mystery. So sorry to see them go. Would have loved to see how far the relationship with Molly and Russell the chef of police would have gone.
Tina
This is the first Elaine Flinn book that I've read. The story seemed to jump into the story, so much that, though I didn't know there were other books in the series--it seemed like everyone knew each other & I didn't. This book was very interesting in the middle, couldn't put it down--but the end again left me hanging.
Anne
This is the last one. I think the author died. I will miss the characters - Molly Randall and the little 12 year old Emma
Patti
As I read this series, I love Molly Doyle more and more. She's a normal person who has gone through an unwanted career change and come out pretty well on the other side. She has become guardian of her precocious 12-year-niece, and the have formed a family within their neighborhood. Molly resists and resists hard at getting involved in another murder, but is dragged in yet again. She delivers some insight, and helps with the case tremendously, without getting herself in danger (always an issue wi ...more
Grey853
This is the first book by Elaine Flinn that I've read and I was very pleasantly surprised. She's got an easy style to read and her protagonist Molly Doyle is very likeable. I enjoyed Molly's relationship with her niece Emma, plus all the friends that help support her.

So, if you enjoy mysteries set around the world of antiques, you might go for this one. I'm going back to read the other books in the series.
Nancy
Aug 14, 2010 Nancy added it
Molly is going to redecorate a winery tasting room. Abusive husband of client is killed after Molly has altercation with him. Second wife of murdered man turns up. Two wives reconcile, but have plotted to murder him. Basque cook of vineyard is killer. Emma's father turns up. Emma is going to Europe with him for the summer. Randall hires Loomis to find Molly's estranged husband.
Kristen
This was a good read with lots of drama, suspense and intrigue, with a little bit of family drama. This took me a bit longer than 3 days, a tiny bit, due to my attending the Muse Online Writer's Conference, volunteering at the hospital, and looking for work. I hope to be back on schedule next week, before my library's book sale next weekend. A delightful read.
Excellent series, the body of the story has little twists + turns that kept me enthralled. I grew upset/annoyed at the banter between 2 characters that have a growing affection for each other by the 3rd book, ENOUGH!
Can't wait for the next book.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
The end of a series I really enjoyed. I was sorry to hear the author passed away as I think this series about an antique dealer and a solid cast of her friends, would have enjoyed a long life.
Kimberly
A fun mystery
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Marian0831
Marian0831 marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Laura Ayres
Laura Ayres marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Elaine Flinn, a former Bay Area antiques dealer, created Molly Doyle, a Carmel, CA, antiques dealer in Dealing in Murder, her 2003 debut novel that was nominated for an Agatha, Gumshoe, Barry and Anthony (2003). Tagged for Murder (2004) won the Barry Award. Two more Molly Doyle novels--Deadly Collection and Deadly Vintage followed.

Flin was one of the founding members of Murderati. And, it was duri
More about Elaine Flinn...
Dealing in Murder (A Molly Doyle Mystery #1) Tagged for Murder (A Molly Doyle Mystery #2) Deadly Collection (A Molly Doyle Mystery #3)