Start by marking “The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide” as Want to Read:
The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  186 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Smart Eating Choices – Made Simple!

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS HAVE CHANGED THEIR BODIES – AND THEIR LIVES – with the help of The Abs Diet, the New York Times bestseller from David Zinczenko, editor-in-chief of Men's Health magazine.

The principles of The Abs Diet are simple: Eat more healthy food – six delicious meals a day – and crowd out the bad stuff that's making yo
Published January 5th 2005 by Rodale Books (first published December 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

Haritha
Sep 28, 2013 Haritha rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Zinczenko has put together an easy way to remember all the healthy foods in one place. The Abs Diet didn't really tell me a lot of stuff I didn't already know, but it has given me a structure to follow. Zinczenko's advice centers on what he calls "powerfoods", eating 6 meals a day incorporating them, letting the body do its own portion control and building muscle. He gives space for one cheat meal a week. He also does a great job simplifying everything by giving tons of easy recipes and a nifty ...more
Linda
Sep 28, 2007 Linda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: healthy eaters
The author, David Zinczenko, has a certain flair while delivering his healthy message. I learned a few new things, but I'm baffled by no mention whatsoever of carbohydrates being a no-no. (I know there are good carbs.) I like THIS guide since it offers menu choices, actual recipes, and out-to-dinner guides. Looks like I'll be shopping at Trader Joe's-that's a safe bet for healthy food. I think anyone would like it. It's another look at success stories AND a very manageable plan.
Heather Monk
Jun 07, 2014 Heather Monk rated it liked it
Some good information but not very organized in order to find specific things that you'd want to learn or remember throughout the book. Just seems scattered.
Carolyn
May 07, 2008 Carolyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Carolyn by: Jorge
The nutritional information in this book is great. It gets real about what's good to eat and what's not good. The thing I liked most about it is that it encourages eating fatty foods as longs as they are the right kinds of fat (poly & mono - unsaturated) because these foods are actually very healthy. It does warn to watch the portions, though, and also gives info about several main-stream restaurants...what's the most healthy and least healthy dish from each one.
Kristine
Sep 07, 2007 Kristine rated it it was amazing
really good recipes. we've tried three of the suppers and two out of the three were a big hit with my whole family and that is saying something! also we are big fans of the smoothies and make them all the time.
Debby
Oct 02, 2008 Debby rated it liked it
For an eating plan designed to help you lose the fat to enable you to build 6-pack abs, I found it interesting that his smoothiee recipes were made with ice cream. Now, I like that idea!!
Amy
Oct 20, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I don't know if it will actually help me lose weight yet, but I love the philosophy and I definitely feel better and am making better choices when it comes to food.
Jenni
Jan 21, 2016 Jenni rated it it was ok
Interesting take on food. I'm not planning on doing the actual diet but I did find the books very informative regarding good nutrition for weight loss.
Sandy Garcia
Feb 01, 2013 Sandy Garcia rated it it was amazing
Great informational book. It teaches you to make better food choices when buying groceries and when eating out.
Tyler
Feb 24, 2009 Tyler rated it liked it
Full of helpful hints, especially from a nutritional standpoint. The 12 Powerfoods work and are delicious.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Katerina
Katerina rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Jenarchie
Jenarchie marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Jonathan Dain
Jonathan Dain rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Brett Snyder
Brett Snyder rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Gluke
Gluke rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Derek Swanger
Derek Swanger rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Mihael Herrera
Mihael Herrera rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Gracie
Gracie rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Robert Belli
Robert Belli rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Luc Ippersiel
Luc Ippersiel rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Dale Daugherty
Dale Daugherty rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss
  • New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle
  • Weight Training for Dummies
  • The Spiritual Teachings of Marcus Aurelius
  • Testing for Language Teachers
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • Relax Into Stretch: Instant Flexibility Through Mastering Muscle Tension
  • The Calorie King Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2007
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The Language Construction Kit
  • The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start: Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Start Living the Biggest Loser Lifestyle Today!
  • Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing
  • Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics and Speech Recognition
  • C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference
  • Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain, and Finally Turn You into a Worthwhile Human Being
  • The Belly Fat Cure: No Dieting with the NEW Sugar/Carb Approved Foods
  • What's Up Down There?: Questions You'd Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend
  • Natural Language Processing with Python