Start by marking “The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide” as Want to Read:
The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Smart Eating Choices – Made Simple!

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS HAVE CHANGED THEIR BODIES – AND THEIR LIVES – with the help of The Abs Diet, the New York Times bestseller from David Zinczenko, editor-in-chief of Men's Health magazine.

The principles of The Abs Diet are simple: Eat more healthy food – six delicious meals a day – and crowd out the bad stuff that's making yo
Published January 5th 2005 by Rodale Books (first published December 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

Zinczenko has put together an easy way to remember all the healthy foods in one place. The Abs Diet didn't really tell me a lot of stuff I didn't already know, but it has given me a structure to follow. Zinczenko's advice centers on what he calls "powerfoods", eating 6 meals a day incorporating them, letting the body do its own portion control and building muscle. He gives space for one cheat meal a week. He also does a great job simplifying everything by giving tons of easy recipes and a nifty ...more
Sep 28, 2007 Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: healthy eaters
The author, David Zinczenko, has a certain flair while delivering his healthy message. I learned a few new things, but I'm baffled by no mention whatsoever of carbohydrates being a no-no. (I know there are good carbs.) I like THIS guide since it offers menu choices, actual recipes, and out-to-dinner guides. Looks like I'll be shopping at Trader Joe's-that's a safe bet for healthy food. I think anyone would like it. It's another look at success stories AND a very manageable plan.
Heather Monk
Some good information but not very organized in order to find specific things that you'd want to learn or remember throughout the book. Just seems scattered.
May 07, 2008 Carolyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Carolyn by: Jorge
The nutritional information in this book is great. It gets real about what's good to eat and what's not good. The thing I liked most about it is that it encourages eating fatty foods as longs as they are the right kinds of fat (poly & mono - unsaturated) because these foods are actually very healthy. It does warn to watch the portions, though, and also gives info about several main-stream restaurants...what's the most healthy and least healthy dish from each one.
really good recipes. we've tried three of the suppers and two out of the three were a big hit with my whole family and that is saying something! also we are big fans of the smoothies and make them all the time.
For an eating plan designed to help you lose the fat to enable you to build 6-pack abs, I found it interesting that his smoothiee recipes were made with ice cream. Now, I like that idea!!
This book is amazing! I don't know if it will actually help me lose weight yet, but I love the philosophy and I definitely feel better and am making better choices when it comes to food.
Jenni Peacock
Interesting take on food. I'm not planning on doing the actual diet but I did find the books very informative regarding good nutrition for weight loss.
Sandy Garcia
Great informational book. It teaches you to make better food choices when buying groceries and when eating out.
Full of helpful hints, especially from a nutritional standpoint. The 12 Powerfoods work and are delicious.
Somonka marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Chaz is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Tony Radcliffe
Tony Radcliffe marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Brian marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Tony Ruffin
Tony Ruffin marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Cassidy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss
  • New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle
  • Weight Training for Dummies
  • Testing for Language Teachers
  • The Calorie King Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2007
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • Relax Into Stretch: Instant Flexibility Through Mastering Muscle Tension
  • The Language Construction Kit
  • The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start: Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Start Living the Biggest Loser Lifestyle Today!
  • Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics and Speech Recognition
  • Natural Language Processing with Python
  • Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • World-Building
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The Belly Fat Cure: No Dieting with the NEW Sugar/Carb Approved Foods
  • C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference
  • Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain, and Finally Turn You into a Worthwhile Human Being