Start by marking “No Body's Perfect” as Want to Read:
No Body's Perfect

No Body's Perfect

From the co-author of the best-selling CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE TEENAGE SOUL books comes a constructive and inspirational book designed to help girls learn to love themselves by first loving their bodies.

Kimberly Kirberger, co-author of the best-selling CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE TEENAGE SOUL books and a renowned expert on teen issues, addresses the topic of body image in LOVING YOU
Published February 1st 2003 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2003)

Ritika Chhabra
This book was a great one. Reading it was a landmark to me. I've always been the self- abhorrent kind, not enough looks, not enough size, not enough dresses, but yeah, now i know, no body's perfect. Every body has differences. All we need to do is accept them, and lead our life lively and clearly, and happily. Many teens told about their experience. I'm greatful that they did, for had it not been for them i never would've realized and learned all that i have now.!!

Note: The entire review above
Shaleya8f
Mar 06, 2008 Shaleya8f marked it as to-read
I think this book is good because it explores the way teenagers really see them selves.
Karlie
Mar 16, 2014 Karlie rated it liked it
This story is about a girl named Candice. She has a weight problem. Everyone said bad things about her but she never defended herself because she didn’t know how. They called her names such as Lardo, Wide Load, and the Candy Terminator. She felt very sad about it. Her mom tried to help her.

It was not very normal for 13 years old to weigh 150 pounds and to be 5 feet tall. She was a really big girl. She even called herself fat. But her parents were really strange and they didn’t like to hear her d
Mayra
Jun 08, 2011 Mayra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book really helped me thru the tough times I've had concerning my body image and happines. At 22 I still come back to this book time and time again and is probably my most read ( and worn out ) book. I recommend this book to all those girls out there struggling with their self-esteem. It is a long and hard process gaining confidence and self-esteem when you have had a low one for quite some time but this book is sure to help someone find their way.
N
Nov 05, 2011 N rated it it was amazing
My lil sis and I love it=)
Gisela
290 páginas
Scholastic
Estados Unidos, 2003
ISBN: 0-439-42638-3

Compré este libro hace muchos años atrás, cuando estaba en mediode mi adolescencia. La edición queconseguí estaba en inglés y conocimeitno del idioma no era bueno.Pero lo leí igual. Lo poco que que entendí me ayudó a aver desde otra perspectiva problemas que tenía en ese momento.

Hoy, me encuentro leyendopor tercera vez este libro. Y me está ayudando como lo hizo hace muchos años atrás.

Con temas que v
Anupama A
May 03, 2015 Anupama A rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to come across "No Body's Perfect" in my pre-teen years. It was the age when girls like myself, who were slightly on the heavier side, found themselves feeling low and outcast in the presence of thin, healthy peers. Reading the stories of so many others who've gone through stages of life which were similar in some cases, and in others drastically difficult from mine, made me realize how fortunate I really was.
Today, I'm sixteen years old and proud of myself- my body, my app
Erin
Jul 05, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok
Similar to the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" format, this book is full of short stories, essays and poems that all relate to body image. Like the "Chicken Soup" books, I think you either love this style and find bits and pieces that speak to you, or you hate it and think it's smarmy and contrived. I bounce back and forth, and have read a few "Chicken Soup" books, and probably would have really gotten into this as a tween. I think there are a lot of grown-ups who could stand to read this book that ...more
Kirstine Ravnkilde
Mar 21, 2014 Kirstine Ravnkilde rated it liked it
What was interesting about this book?
The book taught me a lot of stuff and made me a wiser person. It was interesting because i felt like it reached to me and i could relate to some of the situations in the book.

What did you like about the book?
I liked that the book was very specific about the topics and it related perfectly to a teenager girl's life. I liked that i got really good advise from the book, and it helped me to how i can handle problems in the future.

Would you recommend this to ot
Amanda (AdvanceCopyQueen)
Sep 05, 2011 Amanda (AdvanceCopyQueen) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves journaling and/or wants to explore themselves in a different light :)
Recommended to Amanda (AdvanceCopyQueen) by: Found online
I have spent the weekend working on this journal, and I am SO impressed! I am about a 3rd of the way through, love every question so far and can't wait for more! As someone struggling with self esteem, body image and low confidence issues, this book is amazing for looking deeper inside of myself and learning to love ME in ways other then what I may see in the mirror <3 I encourage anyone who would like to learn more about themselves to pick up this journal and seriously work on it! You may be ...more
Destinee
Nov 24, 2014 Destinee rated it it was amazing
I definitely loved the book because i thought it was cool to read about so many peoples lives. I also found it really interesting to read different opinions on hiw they feel about theirselves. Most the time when someone says they don't like their body you think they mean that they are too fat. But no others really think that they are too small. Its nice to read about stuff you may go through everyday or what someone else may go through. I recommend this book to many others to read and to be able ...more
Katy
Aug 24, 2009 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up about a year ago and just read it all the way through. I really loved all the letters and stories from teen girls. I struggle with some self image issues myself, and I found the girls' personal experiences and advice to be very helpful and relatable. This book doesn't base its information on statistic data and averages, but on real girls' problems. The most touching stories were the ones about eating disorders and self destructive behavior. Five stars from me!
Rina
May 18, 2010 Rina rated it really liked it
This book taught me alot of things such as how to love myself, how to love the way I look, and how to love those who love me. I was so happy that I accidentally stumbled into this book at the local library and once I did I couldn't put it down.
Samiksha Goel
Jul 05, 2012 Samiksha Goel rated it really liked it
this book changed my life in many ways......no other book had such a huge impact on me as much as this one had.......this book is pretty much a personal thing to me.....i would never want anyone else to read it ever.....as if its only written for me
Di
Feb 09, 2009 Di rated it liked it
This book is definitely geared towards young adults and takes on a Seventeen-esque advice tone at times, but it's good to hear first person narrative about body image issues. It reminds you that you're not alone...
Tinkybabeee tinker bell
Oct 24, 2007 Tinkybabeee tinker bell rated it it was amazing
in dis book i read lots of storoies abt yung teens dat wasnt confidnt abt thenselves and it taught me different solutions to prblms dat i ovacome in ma lyfe. i reccoment dis book 2 ppl lpwho think dey hav da worst plblms nd think da world revolves roun dem nd dere prblms.
Dnyaneshwari. Rajput.
Oct 10, 2014 Dnyaneshwari. Rajput. rated it really liked it
The book has helped me a lot. It has taught me how to overcome simple problems that every teen faces. It has told me it's ok to not be perfect unles you are happy about who you are from inside.
crystal
Nov 17, 2008 crystal rated it it was amazing
I like this book because it remains me of Martin.l.king how he wanted to everyone to be equal.
Steph
Aug 08, 2012 Steph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teens
Just got the journal and it was written in the beginning but thats all.Maybe 5 pages.Don't know if I will write in it yet but did look at some of the questions on it.Great for a teenager girl! :D
Corkery
it is really sad
Christa绮思
Jan 29, 2012 Christa绮思 rated it it was ok
Shelves: life, i-own-owned
Interesting concept but not as thought-provoking as the Chicken Soup series. Some of the stories sounded too random, as if it was forced into the collection to make it seem longer.
ChiChi Baby
Apr 12, 2010 ChiChi Baby rated it did not like it
I guess the book is about your body???????
Reem
Nov 27, 2010 Reem added it
good book
Jerica Santiago
Dec 19, 2014 Jerica Santiago rated it it was amazing
this book has taught me that a lot of people go through the same things I do and it has gotten me a lot of help I loved this book.
Ashley
Mar 04, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I thought these novel was amazing. I definitely have started to see myself in a new light.I think this novel would have be really helpful in my teenage years.
Tiera guy
Feb 18, 2010 Tiera guy rated it it was amazing
havent finished but really good and learned that image is not important and theres more to a person
Dania
Mar 31, 2012 Dania rated it it was amazing
Interesting stories!
Kira Butler
Jun 26, 2011 Kira Butler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book and it showed me that i am not the only who is diffrent. I loved the book and i would recomend it to girls who have low self asteem.
Joanne Lee
Joanne Lee rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2009
Avleen
Avleen rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
short satires which comment on society. 1 1 Jul 26, 2013 10:40PM
  • Life Strategies For Teens (Life Strategies Series)
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul IV: Stories of Life, Love and Learning
  • Locker Room Diaries: The Naked Truth about Women, Body Image, and Re-imagining the ""Perfect"" Body
  • Fat Girl: One Woman's Way Out
  • Hannah Montana The Movie: The Junior Novel
  • Fat Chance
  • Princess Protection Program Junior Novel
  • I Can't Be Good All the Time
  • Adios, Barbie: Young Women Write About Body Image and Identity
  • Good Girls Don't Get Fat: How Weight Obsession Is Messing Up Our Girls and How We Can Help Them Thrive Despite It
  • Things You Either Hate or Love
  • Good Girls Do Swallow: The Darkly Comic True Story of How One Woman Stopped Hating Her Body
  • Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Style: How to Find Your Perfect Look
  • The Girls' Guide to Rocking: How to Start a Band, Book Gigs, and Get Rolling to Rock Stardom
  • The Mates, Dates Guide to Life, Love, and Looking Luscious
  • Anatomy of Anorexia
  • Fat Hoochie Prom Queen
  • The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life
Kimberly Kirberger is the co-author of the bestselling Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul series, Chicken Soup for the College Soul, and Chicken Soup for the Parent's Soul. In addition, she is the author of the Teen Love series, which includes Teen Love: On Relationships; Teen Love: A Journal on Relationships; Teen Love: On Friendship; and Teen Love: A Journal on Friendship.

She is also president o
More about Kimberly Kirberger...