Carinian's Seeker

Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  20 reviews
She's his target.and his mate. Aw, hell! Book One in the Vampire Council of Ethics series. Beautiful genius, Carinian Derrickson, wants to live long enough to date a man from the future generations of spacemen, complete with ray guns and starships. She's not crazy, she's just afraid of dying young of some dreaded disease, like all the rest of her family. Her research into...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 20th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Carinian's Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carinian's Seeker

Amanda
I have the same complaint with almost all 'erotica' books; the language. I'm not talking about explicit language, I'm talking about the words used in the sex scenes. You would think that the authors who write these type of books could write better sex scenes. I get tired of 'painfully erect,' 'creaming slit,' 'purple, pulsing head,' 'big hot rod.' Big, hot rod? Really? Are we talking about a car here or a penis? (I don't like the word penis either, by the way, or dick, my preferred term is cock,...more
Elle Chardou
This was a very enjoyable paranormal story though I must stress it is strictly for the adult crowd thanks to frequent and steamy lovemaking sessions featured throughout the book.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't know what I was getting into when I began this book but between the stunning chemistry between the two main characters (Bix and Carin), great supporting characters and the perfect villian (Sidheon), I couldn't wait to crack this one open to see what happened next.

The on...more
J
Lisa Benedict
I just finished reading Carinian's Seeker and I loved every minute of it. Carin is a smart, funny type of woman who knows what and who she wants. Bix is a a handsome, strong man who wants to claim her. Their meeting and mating is nothing short of molten lava. The story is fast paced and has plenty of action and of course lots of spice and heat. I am eager to learn more about the Vampire clans that Michaels has introduced in the story.
Andrea Jackson
It was okay. I didn't feel really close to either the hero or heroine. But the pacing was good and the premise was good. So I'm not really complaining. And the author has created an interesting 'world'.
Mona
This book was fun and fun to read. Very sexy and a good read. Plus I can never turn down a free book and there are many times like this one when the payout is great.
Liz
I'm sorry to say that while this book had an interesting idea, the author just wasn't able to pull it off. They kept getting distracted by subplots. Too bad really.
wanda flanagan
Couldnt put it down this book was fantastic .I loved it
Drmgrl99
I love vampires and it's hard to find a sexy, paranormal romance with a kickass heroine. So if you’re like me and are a vamp lover that wants to see some serious action—both outta bed and in bed—this is a great choice!

Ms. T.J. Michaels has created a fabulously interesting world that is appealing, action-packed, and arousing. Very strong characters, great plot, and it leaves you wanting more.

Jon Bixler or Bix is a VCO Seeker, and has been assigned to infiltrate a lab to find out what a rogue vamp...more
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This review is from an original post at www.bookedandloaded.com

Carinian’s Seeker took me for a wild ride and was one hell of a sexy book! The chemistry between Bix and Carin was smokin’ hot and they are such a wonderful match. Carin was strong, intelligent, and beautiful. Bix was fierce, brave, and loyal. It was a such a breath of fresh air to have Bix love her for her strong characteristics and believe in her thoroughly. Sometimes I feel that strong characters come off as too cold and (at times...more
Cherie
This book was just ok with more draw backs than positives.

The positives? The story was alright. Then men were the hunks you come to expect in a vampire book. It was interesting enough to keep me reading. I liked that the couple was interracial, which is the reason I picked up the book in the first place.

The draw backs... well now that I think about it they were rather major draw backs for me. For one Carin, the main character was a doctor, who we're supposed to believe is top of her field. It...more
Micquleta
Ah yes! This was a story that treads on a romance that very few can pull off. I was intrigued with the relationship dynamic between Bix and Carin. The chemistry was explosive almost from the beginning. Who would not want all of that Prime male hotness going alpha on them.

The plot was original but not as memorable as the love scenes and the banter between the couple. This novel read really well and there was never a dull moment. There were other Seekers in the story that were as lovable as the m...more
Mara
The interracial couple had me dreaming for a while :D. Honestly, tough, I did not "notice" Carinian's ethnic group (outside skin color). We are talking of a minority woman who never is "tagged" as such, nor she "suffers" for it. It seems to me that this is the real paranormal in the story, not the vamp!

The language was forced, again I'm no expert but I doubt a very educated woman talks that way. But then again I found all the book weirdly written and the characters difficult to believe. (An anti...more
Melissa Santiago
It took me a while to get started and in to this series but once I got rolling I loved it! Nothing like a strong female lead and and equally strong male counter-part. This series is shaping up to be both sexy and mysterious while also being action packed start to finish. Great twists and turns with a great ending...can't wait to start the next one.
Wishing4myedward
I liked the book. However, I felt it was a little disjointed at times, especially towards the end. I also felt like it wrapped up to quickly. I did like the relationship between Carin and Bix. It was cool having a AA female lead who was strong, smart and sexy. I was able to connect to this character.
Eli Yanti
as i said to the author that i will love this book and yes, i love it especially because i love reading about related to medical science and ofcource Vampire :)

can't wait to read other of TJ's book :D
Deva
2.5 stars ... Too much sex and not enough action for me. But still it was decent.
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com
~Charmer~the 1click addict
This book was alright, but Iowno, it was just alright I guess. I am interested in the next book, though.
Mitzi
Free Kindle book 11/1/11
Marianna
Marianna marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Anicia
Anicia marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Talitha-Gelah
Talitha-Gelah marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Deborah Battle
Deborah Battle marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tegan
Tegan marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Teinevai
Teinevai marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Stripped Bear
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales)
  • Dark Thirst (The Brethren, #1)
  • Greeley's Spyce (The Megalodon Team, #4)
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Heart Series)
  • Let Them Eat Cake (Vampire Sentinel, #1)
  • Again
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • BirthControl (LaPatron, #2)
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
  • Fallen
  • When the Walls Fell  (Out of Time, #2)
TJ is a USA Today and NY Times bestseller, as well as a award-winning author of several romance genres, including paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and urban fantasy romance.

No matter the genre TJ is penning, her favorite thing to do is build worlds. To take you somewhere extraordinary. To transport you to a place where you can close your eyes and slip into your fantasy...
More about T.J. Michaels...
Serati's Flame (Vampire Council of Ethics, #2) Doing It the Hard Way Hatsept Heat (Vampire Council of Ethics, #3) Feral Fascination On the Prowl