Start by marking “Safe Landing” as Want to Read:
Safe Landing

Safe Landing

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  564 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Look for Tess Oliver's newest release: Distraction (Years from Home, 1)

Still trying to cope with her parent's divorce, seventeen-year-old Brazil Parkin finds her world slipping even further from its once blissful orbit. She blames her mom for the rotten turn her life has taken. Leaving behind her friends, her horse, and a father she adores, Brazil moves with her mother an
Published July 7th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Safe Landing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Landing

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
best kindle romance books
375th out of 687 books — 1,938 voters
Simply Irresistible by Jill ShalvisPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSafe Landing by Tess OliverThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayResisting the Bad Boy - Nice Girl to Love, Vol 1 by Violet Duke
Shits and Giggles!
3rd out of 68 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Casey
Feb 19, 2011 Casey rated it it was ok
It was pretty good! I was sort of disappointed with the whole story line though because I wanted her to be in love with the ghost not Seth, I was so sad when Sebastian disappeared. I don' know, but it just wasn't what I had wanted from it.
Elizabeth Ayala
Aug 14, 2011 Elizabeth Ayala rated it really liked it
Shelves: tess-oliver
i really enjoyed this story. i loved the mc Brazil she was fiesty and funny. i thought that sebastians story ended too abruptly. i would have liked to see a little more of how his end was. overall i loved it.
Lindsay Lambert
May 22, 2011 Lindsay Lambert rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I just wish the ending wasn't so abrupt.
Fred
Sep 20, 2011 Fred rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Great self pubs
I am generally not a huge fan of paranormal romance, I like contemporary with romance and family drama. So this is a little out of my sweet spot, but I loved A Little Less Girl so much that I thought I'd try this one. And I am super glad I did, it's a wonderful book with great real feeling and talking characters. Oddly enough, for a ghost story, the story is very believable and down to earth. Which makes the fantastic elements all the more impactful. I'm definitely reading more Tess Oliver, thes ...more
Amy
Oct 24, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-on-kindle
Oh, I loved this! It had a great storyline, fun characters and a bit of a paranormal twist that didn't overwhelm the plot. I couldn't help but fall in love with sassy MC Brazil and I adored the scenes between her and her unwanted ghostly roommate, Sebastian. Part romantic and part sad, his back story was an interesting addition to the plot.

This is the second book I've had the pleasure of reading by Tess Oliver and I must say I'm really excited. She has fresh plot ideas and endearing characters
Angela
Oct 13, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-read
I was searching Amazon for a bargain book for my Kindle & this had only 1 review, but it was a 5 star. So I thought for .99 cents, why not?? All I can say is WOW!! What a gem I found! What a great book. It's a young adult novel about love, loss & divorce. And all sorts of aspects that come with teenage life. It was well written with great characters that I'm sure other teens as well as adults can relate to. It also has a happy ending so don't fret for those of you like me that like happy ...more
Angela
Jan 31, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Good story, I kinda felt it was rushed and ended way too abruptly. This is the second story I've read from Tess Oliver and I liked it well enough, but I could see myself loving her stories if they were fleshed out a bit more
Christina
Nov 09, 2011 Christina rated it liked it
It was actually a really good book for me never have a read a paranormal romance... but the ending was terrible every happened sooo quickly at the end and then it just ended! ugh it annoyed me.
Hmr28
Apr 03, 2011 Hmr28 rated it really liked it
Great book, great writing, but what happened to the ending??? It just plops, there is no sense if finality. What happens with Sebastian? With Seth? The ending took it from a clear 5 to a 4.
Laura's Book Addiction
Feb 23, 2011 Laura's Book Addiction rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, kindle
AMAZING!!!! A really enjoyable book that sucked me in to Zilly's life from the start. Great characters with a plot I loved.
Marsha
Aug 12, 2012 Marsha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult
I love a good mystery especially when it includes the supernatural. What better mix? That is why "Safe Landing" is such a hit for me. Brazil Parkin has had to overcome many problems of late including her parent's divorce, the selling of her horse, Carrington, and moving to a small lake community leaving her friends behind. She blames her mother for not fighting hard enough to keep her Dad instead of the sweet young thing he is currently dating.

Upon moving to the town of Pelican Bay, Brazil or Zi
Lauren
Back-Story: I had just bought a Nook HD and saw that this book was only 99 cents, so I went ahead and bought it. Usually I read the sample of the book first, but the description talked about a ghost living in the Brazils room and being a huge fan of Meg Cabot’s Mediator series I went ahead and bought the book.

Review: I was a little let down about this book. There was a lot of cussing and name calling that I didn’t care for. The ghost isn’t in the book all that much and he doesn’t end up as a mai
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

This was one of the first books I bought when I got my Nook. I remember reading an excerpt from the book and thinking it sounded really good. Based on that synopsis, I went into the book expecting one type of story, but discovering it was completely different.

Brazil (or Zilly) is a likeable protagonist. She’s got a grudge over her parents divorce and moving from home, leaving behind her horse and friends. When she gets to the new p
Preet
Apr 01, 2012 Preet rated it liked it
This book was a fun, quick and easy read. I liked Brazil's character for the most part because she always had a nice pinch of sarcasm and wit to her conversations. Though at the same time, she did whine a bit too much at times. I feel like the story was more about Brazil somewhat finding herself and coming to terms with her new life, than it being a paranormal romance. I say this because there wasn't much of a love story between Sebastian, the ghost, and her. Their relationship was more about fr ...more
Tracy Trixy
Jul 30, 2014 Tracy Trixy rated it liked it
This had such potential.... I loved this story, a family going through divorce moves to an old house supposedly haunted.
News for you, it is... Love stories like this!
Sebastian is the said ghost who died in 1880 but the events surrounding his death are a mystery to him, all he remembers is his Emily.
Brazil (yes that's really the characters name!) can see Sebastian, and vows to help him discover what happened.

See sounds good right!
Unfortunately Sebastian just leaves, no idea if he found peace,
Mari
Jun 02, 2011 Mari rated it liked it
This book was a pleasant surprise. The MC, Brazil was a very strong character who's not afraid to speak her mind. She was a little stuck-up in the beginning but I'm chalking that up to being a teenager. Her character's really funny too and I loved the whole deadpan humor. My one gripe with this was the fact that Sebastian's story (I really liked him) ended too abruptly.

Also, what is up with the covers?! The first one has a girl in a long flowy dress, with flowy hair, leading a horse, all dreamy
Krysta
May 11, 2015 Krysta rated it really liked it
A fun, quick little entertaining read. I bought this on a whim years ago and it's sat on my kindle ever since. My only real beef with it is I feel like it ended a bit abruptly and some things were written up too nicely.
Apr 10, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Up until the end I was thinking it was definitely my favorite from this author. Then it ended and...well I was left feeling like there should have been more, or better or something. I just was disappointed. I loved Brazil and her interactions with everyone made me laugh and she was such a great character. The first day of school when she speaks to Seth I just loved it! I loved the conversations in the book, and really I was set to give it more stars but the ending was ...more
Diana
Anyone who can make a 19th century, British, lovesick ghost hilarious is my best friend.
Colleen
Feb 18, 2016 Colleen rated it liked it
Shelves:
Cute, YA, story, but as a middle-aged adult I still enjoyed it.
Lou Arna
Oct 28, 2014 Lou Arna rated it it was amazing
This author seriously rocks!
Manda
Feb 02, 2011 Manda rated it it was ok
I was really excited about this novel. Mainly because I really enjoyed Tess Oliver's other book, Camille. Unfortunately, Safe Landing didn't read nearly as well as I remember the writing from Camille. The characters seemed a tad forced, the conflict resolved fairly anti-climatically and there were a lot of extraneous details that never really incorporated well with the story line.

Tess Oliver shows promise. Unfortunately, in this book, she also showed quite a bit of immaturity in writing skill.
LeAnn
Mar 05, 2011 LeAnn rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I loved the whole concept. Some parts were a little predictable but that doesn't take away from the plot. I only had one problem with it, though. I feel like a major part of the plot was not wrapped up in the way I wanted it too. I don't want to put any spoilers in this review so I won't elaborate any further.

This book has a lot to offer: romance, mystery, suspense. And for .99 I think it's well worth it!
Courtney Wyant
I really did enjoy this book and it was worth the 99 cents i payed for it....... Im glad Brazil ended up with Seth and that Emily really loved Sebastian.... ANd I think that Sebastian really did like Brazil as in boyfriend girlfriend thing if only he were still alive

Tess never disappoints me and I am soon going to post the interview with her and I have a signed copy coming in.... So I cant wiat
Kristin
Jan 29, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
Great book with a paranormal twist not really written about as of late. I thought Brazil, the main character, was a little self-indulgent brat at first, but she did get better. She reminded me a bit of the attitude I had at that age when my parents had divorced. Sebastian's story did wrap up a bit abruptly. Sthis book was a heat surprise for $0.99 at Barnes and noble.
Megan
Oct 06, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
I was looking for a nice, light read and that is exactly what I got with Safe Landing. I thought the story was so cute and I loved the female main character. She was so witty and sarcastic and totally knew how to stand up for herself. I also enjoyed the slight paranormal aspect with Sebastian the friendly, heartbroken ghost! He was different and very funny.
Brianne
Aug 15, 2011 Brianne rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
i would have so rated this 5 stars if author would have given this book an ending! i understand authors want to leave things open if they plan on writing sequels but a true reader who enjoys the writing will buy a sequel anyways! i really enjoyed this book but may not read any more from this author again...i dont want another disapointment.
Coco♥Chanel~Uncens★red~
Melissa
Oct 19, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary-ya
I bought these for my vacation on my kindle and they were the right price for a quick teen read. And they are very teen. A little silly and over the top, but the writing was ok and I did want to finish it to see what happened. I wish the swear words would have been left out tho. A handful of F words thrown in for color.
Melonie
Jan 27, 2015 Melonie rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a Tess Oliver Book, I feel like I have been pulled right in to the story. You feel like you are right there watching it happen right in front of you. Loved the story and the characters and the inclusion of a haunted house and a ghost! This is one I fully plan to read again!
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)
  • Painfully Ordinary (Lumina Saga #1)
  • Bloodlines (Cries of Vampira, #2)
  • Heaven Is for Heroes
  • Drawn
  • Last Rites (Lucy Hart, Rites, #1)
  • Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)
  • Rumored (The Witches of Santa Anna, #3)
  • Awakening (BirthRight Trilogy #2)
  • Blood of Gold (Seeker, #1)
  • Loving Emily
  • Vamplayers
  • Star Struck
  • The Chosen Soul (The Chosen Soul, #1)
  • Summer Term
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
Tess Oliver is a teacher and writer who lives in California with her husband, kids and a small pack of pampered dogs. She loves horses, chocolate and Jane Austen books.
More about Tess Oliver...