Start by marking “Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It

Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It

This product is an excerpt from "Get a Life, Not a Job: Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work For You" (ISBN: 9780137058495). Available in print and digital format. Do more of what you love, less of what you hate to build a financially secure career you can be passionate about Learn how to replace an old-fashioned job with multiple wealth-creating activities that offe ...more
Published March 5th 2010 by FT Press (first published March 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Get a Life, Not a Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get a Life, Not a Job

Ahmad
Oct 22, 2010 Ahmad rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as what I expected. Even though the book containes nice advises, it can be summeriesed in 50 pages maximum.

Stories are repeated with different names. Ideas are not that original and attractive. The style of writing is highly affected by the acadimic background of the author. It's not that friendly and touching.

In conclusion, it's not the "inspiraional" book you want to change your life.

Not recommended.
stinaz
Aug 07, 2013 stinaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A roadmap that outlines real steps to take to figure out how to have a "career" that you enjoy and excel in being a productive well rounded member of society. Simple, but good advice on all areas of career development and having a "life" and not a "job" - not just about finding something you like to do, but also how to continue your development, work towards security (professionally and financially), as well as improve your well-being (for work AND life). Plus - she talks about the importance of ...more
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was ok
If this book hadn't been free on amazon I would have been very dissapointed. I found the information basic, the exercises haphazard and the only part helpful the last page where it focuses on the employer getting to know the employee and realised that no company I had worked for (or probably will work for) would ever have any intrest in this information.
Myriam
Aug 18, 2011 Myriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The book itself was not all that informative for me at this stage, however, it did provide a good number of websites and resources which might be useful. In addition, it does provide some good exampled and stories on what might be interesting to think about in the future.
Deyaa Samir
Jan 25, 2013 Deyaa Samir rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You "can" design your own career, so you "love" what you do! You only have one life: why settle for anything less? Whether you're an entrepreneur or working within a company, Get a Life, Not a Job shows how you can make it happen for yourself.
Lisa
Mar 21, 2015 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well I made attempts to read and finish this book. I really tried to enjoy the book, but just didn't. I was a little disappointed, maybe I was expecting something else and just didn't enjoy the writing.
Ltorrealba
Not what I expected: this book isn't about how to determine what your ideal career is, but rather about turning hobbies or other skills into sources of revenue - for fulfillment, stability, or future full time careers. Not what I was hoping to read but there were a couple interesting suggestions.
Lucky
Jan 06, 2012 Lucky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book. Actually, this was the book that pushed me to follow my dream job. The book provides strategies from getting ready to create a career, to surviving while in between job. So it's not a yabba-yabba motivating kind of book.
Roxie
Jun 19, 2012 Roxie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok. It provided a good background to why people don't find that one dream job and strategies to make all your skills work for you so work itself will be more fulfilling.
Monique
May 17, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad this was a free amazon e-book but I would recommend to anyone wanting create a better life while at work.
Paul Steele
Mar 31, 2012 Paul Steele rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
While there is some good advice in this short book, it is filled with poor examples and the points are repeated several times. Lacks real content.
Becky Velazquez
Becky Velazquez rated it it was ok
May 28, 2014
Salman Shaikh
Salman Shaikh rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Elizabeth Brass
Elizabeth Brass rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
Donald
Donald rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2012
Łukasz
Łukasz rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2012
Mary Rarick
Mary Rarick rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Amir Nousheh
Amir Nousheh rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Rick
Oct 10, 2010 Rick rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Great book for a new college grad.
Kaleigh
Kaleigh rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Samah Hamad
Samah Hamad rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Matt Fornito
Matt Fornito rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Dasa Martin
Oct 04, 2014 Dasa Martin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Don't read it.
Lisa Mullen
Lisa Mullen rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2015
Jordan Finley
Jordan Finley rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Hisham
Hisham rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2011
Devon Abejo
Devon Abejo rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Alena
Alena rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2012
Victor
Victor rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2014
Waqas
Jul 13, 2012 Waqas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. provides much perspective.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • 15 Successful Communications Lessons (Collection)
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams
  • The Truth About Managing People...And Nothing But the Truth
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • You Majored in What?: Mapping Your Path From Chaos to Career
  • Emotions
  • The Lazy Project Manager: How to be Twice as Productive and Still Leave the Office Early
  • So, You Want to Start a Business?: 8 Steps to Take Before Making the Leap
  • 33 Million People in the Room: How to Create, Influence, and Run a Successful Business with Social Networking
  • The Truth About Negotiations
  • Your Credit Score: How to Fix, Improve, and Protect the 3-Digit Number that Shapes Your Financial Future
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »