Start by marking “Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It

Get a Life, Not a Job: It's Your Time--Make the Most of It

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This product is an excerpt from "Get a Life, Not a Job: Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work For You" (ISBN: 9780137058495). Available in print and digital format. Do more of what you love, less of what you hate to build a financially secure career you can be passionate about Learn how to replace an old-fashioned job with multiple wealth-creating activities that offe ...more
Published March 5th 2010 by FT Press (first published March 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Get a Life, Not a Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get a Life, Not a Job

Ahmad
Not as what I expected. Even though the book containes nice advises, it can be summeriesed in 50 pages maximum.

Stories are repeated with different names. Ideas are not that original and attractive. The style of writing is highly affected by the acadimic background of the author. It's not that friendly and touching.

In conclusion, it's not the "inspiraional" book you want to change your life.

Not recommended.
MyNy
Things like that "book" make me livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found it at the amazon-free-ebook-list, so let me please state very clear: I did not pay money for this book, but I feel cheated nonetheless.

Actually, it is not a "book".
A book - each book - has a beginning, a middle and an end: fiction-books a story, non-fiction-books a cohesive text presenting a non-fictional topic in a harmonious, coherent and "rounded" way.
This is just a part of a book, an excerpt (parts taken out
stinaz
A roadmap that outlines real steps to take to figure out how to have a "career" that you enjoy and excel in being a productive well rounded member of society. Simple, but good advice on all areas of career development and having a "life" and not a "job" - not just about finding something you like to do, but also how to continue your development, work towards security (professionally and financially), as well as improve your well-being (for work AND life). Plus - she talks about the importance of ...more
Ltorrealba
Not what I expected: this book isn't about how to determine what your ideal career is, but rather about turning hobbies or other skills into sources of revenue - for fulfillment, stability, or future full time careers. Not what I was hoping to read but there were a couple interesting suggestions.
Rebecca
If this book hadn't been free on amazon I would have been very dissapointed. I found the information basic, the exercises haphazard and the only part helpful the last page where it focuses on the employer getting to know the employee and realised that no company I had worked for (or probably will work for) would ever have any intrest in this information.
Myriam
The book itself was not all that informative for me at this stage, however, it did provide a good number of websites and resources which might be useful. In addition, it does provide some good exampled and stories on what might be interesting to think about in the future.
Deyaa Samir
You "can" design your own career, so you "love" what you do! You only have one life: why settle for anything less? Whether you're an entrepreneur or working within a company, Get a Life, Not a Job shows how you can make it happen for yourself.
Lucky
I like this book. Actually, this was the book that pushed me to follow my dream job. The book provides strategies from getting ready to create a career, to surviving while in between job. So it's not a yabba-yabba motivating kind of book.
Roxie
This book was ok. It provided a good background to why people don't find that one dream job and strategies to make all your skills work for you so work itself will be more fulfilling.
Paul Steele
While there is some good advice in this short book, it is filled with poor examples and the points are repeated several times. Lacks real content.
Monique
I'm glad this was a free amazon e-book but I would recommend to anyone wanting create a better life while at work.
Barrette Plett
Interesting perspective. Good points about the "new" economy that we and our youth are entering...
Paula
This book has helped me think about multi-track options for my career and life.
Rick
Great book for a new college grad.
Waqas
Good book. provides much perspective.
Michael Everhart
Michael Everhart marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Marcel
Marcel marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sarah-betty Andrews
Sarah-betty Andrews marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Hafidh Wijaya
Hafidh Wijaya marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Susan Arrington
Susan Arrington marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Łukasz Pomi
Łukasz Pomi marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Tianna
Tianna marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Pranav Singh
Pranav Singh marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • Prisoners of Our Thoughts: Viktor Frankl's Principles for Discovering Meaning in Life and Work
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers
  • New Rules for the New Economy
  • Hire with Your Head: Using Performance-Based Hiring to Build Great Teams
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities
  • Emotions
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams
  • Financial Modeling [With CDROM]
  • Ecological Design
  • The Truth About Managing People...And Nothing But the Truth
  • Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World
  • The Truth About Negotiations
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
Cultural Agility: Building a Pipeline of Successful Global Professionals Managing the Global Workforce Get a Life: Integrate Your Career with Your Life Priorities Create a Rewarding Multiple Career Doing What You Love The Career Survival Kit (Collection)