Start by marking “Love Your Handwriting (Creating Keepsakes)” as Want to Read:
Love Your Handwriting (Creating Keepsakes)

Love Your Handwriting (Creating Keepsakes)

Whether you are designing a heartfelt greeting card or a beautiful scrapbook page, your own handwriting adds a touch of your personality to everything you create. In Love Your Handwriting, Heidi Swapp teaches you how to write in a clean and easy-to-read style that reflects your unique personality. This three-part set includes: A book. Love Your Handwriting is packed with H ...more
Spiral Bound, With Workbook and Ruler and Pen & Pencil and Eraser, 96 pages
Published August 28th 2005 by CK Media

To ask other readers questions about Love Your Handwriting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Your Handwriting

Christina
May 01, 2010 Christina rated it it was ok
This book wasn't what I expected. I guess I didn't read the packaging properly - I didn't realize that it was more about scrapbooking than actual handwriting. The back cover actually refers to journaling, which I do a lot of. I was hoping to make my journal more legible and pretty for when I refer to it later, but Heidi Swapp was really referring to a small, descriptive section of the scrapbook page. I guess she and I have different ideas about what "journaling" is.

Swapp offers some decent tips
Kitty
Nov 22, 2008 Kitty rated it liked it
This one is hard to rate. Written by a scrapbooker, and designed with scrapbookers in mind, this book is intended to make you feel better about your own handwriting. What is won't do is teach you how to write like the Heidi Swapp. When I was first reading the book and following the exercises, I did see a little improvement in my own writing, and a definite improvement in my acceptance of my own writing (which I've never liked), but... I'm not sure that it has had a lasting effect. The author doe ...more
Lain
Dec 02, 2007 Lain rated it liked it
I'll admit, if it says "Heidi Swapp" on it, I will buy it! I ordered this book and got it as soon as it came out. But after leafing through the whole thing several times, it's still sitting on my shelf. It comes in a cute package and has some fun add-ons (a pencil, a ruler, a pad), but it kind of seems like a glorified magazine article. I was expecting more "how-to's" in terms of how Heidi gets her signature style and creates some of her unique looks. But there wasn't a ton of instruction (I'm s ...more
Corina
Jun 19, 2008 Corina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL scrapbooekrs
Recommended to Corina by: Won it in a contest
Shelves: non-fiction
I am NOT an idea book person, but i loved this!! I thought my handwriting was fine, but this book gave you so much instruction and insight! It's one of the few books that I predict will be timeless. It also gives you a kit, so you HAVE the materials that you need, and plenty of inspiration from Heidi's layouts. I'd recommend this to any scrapper, whether or not they have insecurities about their handwriting!
Sandybear76
Oct 30, 2013 Sandybear76 rated it liked it
A friend gave me this book today. The kit came with an instructional book, a workbook, a pencil, a fine-point pen, a zero-centered ruler, and an eraser. I read the book but didn't use the workbook yet. I am waiting for a weekend to have a bit more time to play with the techniques and the workbook.
Bonita Rose
Jul 09, 2007 Bonita Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scrapbooking
Teaches one to be more comfy with their own style of printing/handwriting.. teaches us all how to journal more effectively, and show our artistic ability thru our handwriting! Loved it!
Christel
Apr 10, 2008 Christel marked it as scrapbooking
Recommends it for: any scrapbooker
Great exercises for improving your handwriting.
Britt
Jul 01, 2007 Britt rated it it was ok
I still hate my handwriting.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Lorinda Leibelt
Lorinda Leibelt marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Federica Bendaud
Federica Bendaud marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Debra Taylor
Debra Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Terry Grosvenor
Terry Grosvenor rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Clare Heath
Clare Heath marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Joelle
Joelle rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Andrea Raboczki
Andrea Raboczki marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Papercut
Papercut rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Janice Omar
Janice Omar rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Helga Marie Bee
Helga Marie Bee marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Vanna Bells
Vanna Bells marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Carmen
Carmen added it
Mar 10, 2015
Kayleen Burke
Kayleen Burke rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Rsmith
Rsmith marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Nadja
Nadja added it
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Heidi Swapp is known in the craft industry for her innovative style, trend setting product ideas and her recognizable, fanciful handwriting. Whether she is spray painting on her scrapbook pages or creating embellishments that are completely 'see-through' her boundary pushing concepts have always made her 'the one to watch.'

Heidi describes scrapbooking as a 'lifestyle' - it's something in the fore
More about Heidi Swapp...

Creating Keepsakes (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Award-Winning Scrapbook Pages (Creating Keepsakes) (Creating Keepsakes)
  • Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Family Heritage: A Treasury of Favorites
  • Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Everyday Moments: A Treasury Of Favorites
  • Creating Keepsakes Collection: Artistic Effects
  • Scrapbooking Solutions (Leisure Arts #15935) (Creating Keepsakes: A Treasury of Favorites)
  • Creating Keepsakes 2001 Scrapbook Idea Book
  • 2000 Scrapbook Idea Book Creating Keepsakes
  • Scrapbooking Everyday Moments (Leisure Arts #15937) (Creating Keepsakes)
  • 2000 Scrapbook Hall of Fame
  • Creating Keepsakes: Scrapbooking Solutions (Leisure Arts #15934)