Start by marking “This Is Not About What You Think” as Want to Read:
This Is Not About What You Think

This Is Not About What You Think

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This is a fine collection by a thoughtful, subtle and perceptive writer, and it deserves to be widely read. — Colin Will, editor Poetry Scotland

A collection of poetry written over a 31 year period arranged in seven parts beginning with childhood and working through first love, marriage, the death of a child, infidelity, divorce, the death of parents and old age.
Published July 19th 2010 by Fandango Virtual

To ask other readers questions about This Is Not About What You Think, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is Not About What You Think

Jessica Bell
These poems are just simple genius. What you read is what you get. Some have even made me laugh out loud. Especially 'Marks' on page 8, and 'Tools' on page 11. But there are also serious ones. I especially love 'Dreamer' on page 15 amd 'Mouth Music' on page 23. Pure and precise little gems.
Jim
Nov 28, 2010 Jim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Just for the record I didn't give my novels 5 stars.

If you want to read what others thought here's a link to the review page on my website.
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2010
I was born in Glasgow in 1959 and although throughout my life I have lived in most parts of Scotland I have found myself continually drawn back to the "friendly city" where I now live quietly on the outskirts with my wife.

My writing career began at school and I continue to write and publish poetry to this day. During the nineties I experienced a length period of writer's block - it lasted two year
More about Jim Murdoch...
Living with the Truth Milligan and Murphy Making Sense Stranger than Fiction The Whole Truth