Start by marking “Revelation Unveiled” as Want to Read:
Revelation Unveiled

Revelation Unveiled

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  392 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The Biblical Foundation for the Best-selling Left Behind Series..In the twinkling of an eye, millions of people across the world vanish, resulting in highway catastrophes, plane crashes, utility breakdowns, and more. Chaos reigns. With the stage set, a dictator emerges who persecutes Christians horribly. But tribulation is about to give way to incredible joy -- for the ret ...more
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Revelation Unveiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revelation Unveiled

Einschrein
Nov 06, 2011 Einschrein rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually give this book 0 stars because of the numerous factual errors I encountered from the outset. I thought at the very least that I would get some insight into the "rapture" crowd, but clearly LaHaye would like readers of the Bible to stick with literal translations of the text while he goes way off the rails with his reading into the text. All-in-all, this book is for those people who fear death and cannot live in a world of ambiguity. (Anna, supposedly we've been "very close" for about ...more
Anna
May 21, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good study on the book of revelation. I think we are very close. The agenda for the North American Union is well advanced. I expect the next president will preside over the end of our country as we know it. When America goes down we will take the world with us.

I thought Lehayes analysis was good. We are to know the season. I don't want any of my loved ones left behind. It will be awful. In the past there was a place to excape to. There will be no escape once the tribulation starts.

“The ten
Ryan
Jan 10, 2015 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am an Evangelical Christian through-and-through, and, as such, I was raised on the the Hal Lindsey/Tim LaHaye model of eschatology, including its core tenet, the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Revelation Unveiled is Dr. LaHaye's "official" doctrinal statement of his beliefs about the End Times, and when I read this just a few months after it was published in 1999, it inspired me to begin writing my own book series on the topic of the Last Days, These Final Days. However, my inspiration came from a s ...more
Curtis Chamberlain
Tim LaHaye has done it this time!

Revelation Unveiled is a classic textbook-type resource, that explains in great detail, the book of Revelation.

This is a "must read," "must own" book for any serious Bible student, as well as anyone with even a passing interest in Bible prophecy.

A fantastic resource! Get a copy today!
William Dicks
This is typical dispensationalist, pretribulational doctrine. LaHaye misinterprets, or simply misunderstands many eschatalogical passages and reads them out of context through his dispensational glasses. Not recommended at all!
Jay D
Aug 09, 2011 Jay D rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous premillennial nonsense.
Tom Lombardo
Feb 09, 2014 Tom Lombardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone researching the End Times movement
First published in 1999, Revelations Unveiled is one of the main source texts for the End Times movement that has swept the United States since Hal Lindsay published The Late Great Planet Earth in 1970.

In it LaHaye interprets The Book of Revelations, the last book in the New Testament, which prophesies the return of Christ to earth. His analysis rests upon the belief that all prophecy constitutes “love letters from God.” But as anyone who has read the Bible knows, prophecy in general and the Boo
Rick Schworer
Mar 21, 2013 Rick Schworer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While writing my own book, Roadmap Through Revelation, I found this and many other books to be very helpful. As far as the much ado about being a Catholic basher, it's not bashing individuals to simply put the truth out there about their organization. The fact is the RCC has adopted many pagan practices and is Babylon of Revelation (see The Two Babylons: Or The Papal Worship proved to be the worship of Nimrod and his wife.). She has the blood of saints all over her.

Another great book by Brother
Truitti
Aug 05, 2015 Truitti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I might not agree with all of LaHayes interpretation, but I find this is an excellent book to start digging into what may happen and the end times. I did find that it helped me to understand Revelation better, and has caused me to be excited about living with God. It truly doesn't matter if you are a rapture believer, or any other label. The bottom line is to accept the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ for your sins, and accept His death and resurrection.
Carol Erhardt
Feb 03, 2015 Carol Erhardt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Revealed

I've long been interested in learning about the book of Revelation. The reading can be very confusing by getting lost in the literal text. This book leads you through the scriptures, detailing, and explaining through quoting other noted theologians and scriptures throughout the Bible to lend credibility. I highly recommend this book to anyone who seeks to know more about end times and eternity.
T.J. Allen
Sep 28, 2014 T.J. Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book of you want to understanding of the pre- millenial view point
Angie Vallejo
Jan 14, 2016 Angie Vallejo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-prophecy
This book is very thorough and should be read and studied deliberately. Its certainly not meant to be a quick read. Revelation is examined verse by verse; LaHaye refers to many other Scriptures in New and Old Testament to provide background, clarity and the basis for his commentary. While many may not agree with his Pre-tribulation stance, he does give logical explanation and Scripture background to verify his position.
Kingsley Layton
Aug 19, 2015 Kingsley Layton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Very helpful and resourceful.
Kristine
Aug 02, 2008 Kristine is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
this is a blood chilling book if you take it seriously. i once heard a dj say that he didn't like movies that had a spiritual edge. he thought that they were more scarey than what you could make up because of the possibilities for them to actually happen in real life. the end of time is real life stuff and this author makes it very clear and easy to understand the Biblical text.
Nicole
Aug 06, 2008 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read all of this one--I just skimmed until I found points of interest. It's a study of the book of Revelation. My interest was piqued after I saw Doomsday 2012 on the History channel. THAT show I recommend. It's really interesting.
Reid
Jun 27, 2013 Reid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Pretty dogmatic.
I am suspicious of writers who say something like, "It's easy to understand if you..." especially a interpreting a book like Revelation.

I wouldn't recommend it.
Aaron
Jan 18, 2012 Aaron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not follow dispensationalism in its entirety. I respect many believers who are dispensationalists. This is a great book to understand their position.
Oct 11, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book might as well be fiction, as it takes scripture and rips it completely out of its intended context. Your presuppositions will die hard, Tim.
Sandra
May 22, 2014 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still reading but it is very eye opening. If Jesus came today would you be going with Him or would YOU be left behind???
Kathryn Jones
Jan 03, 2009 Kathryn Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was excellent. It was fairly easy to read and understand. I found it facinating and compelling.
Rhonda Lofland
Jun 07, 2014 Rhonda Lofland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to use while reading the book of Revelation. Helps understand what's being said by John.
Kimberly Corr-van aken
This non fiction account of Revelation is awesome. I learned so much by using this along with the Bible.
Isaac Vargas
Jun 07, 2014 Isaac Vargas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really clear, helps you understand lots of things thay may be a little confusing.
John
Oct 08, 2008 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great analysis on, in my opinion, the greatest book of the Bible.
Reid R.
Mar 26, 2015 Reid R. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad theology and sensationalist writing do not mix well.
Teresa
Sep 24, 2012 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, i'll probably read it again.
April
Jan 03, 2009 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY recommended!
Emily Reynolds
Revelation
James Bell
James Bell rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
  • Every Prophecy of the Bible
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling
  • Escape the Coming Night
  • Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
  • Life Lessons: Book of Ephesians:  Where You Belong
  • One Minute After You Die: A Preview of Your Final Destination
  • Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence
  • The Divine Mentor: Growing Your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior
  • The Complete Works
  • Signature of God:
  • Becoming a Contagious Christian
  • The Making of a Leader: Recognizing the Lessons and Stages of Leadership Development
  • When Critics Ask: A Popular Handbook on Bible Difficulties
  • Coming Out Straight: Understanding and Healing Homosexuality
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • Exploring the Da Vinci Code: Investigating the Issues Raised by the Book & Movie
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isa. 9:6).” 0 likes
“Would you be free from your burden of sin? There’s power in the blood, power in the blood, Would you o’er evil a victory win? There’s wonderful power in the blood.” 0 likes