Start by marking “Taking Karre (Divinity Warriors, #4)” as Want to Read:
Taking Karre (Divinity Warriors, #4)

Taking Karre (Divinity Warriors #4)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The fourth Divinity Warriors book, set in the Divinity Universe.

Sir Vidar of Spearhead is too busy guarding the borderlands to bother with the headache of selecting a bride. Ordered to marry by the king, he plans to grab a woman and get back to the warfront as soon as possible. That is, until he meets the alluring Lady Karre with her teasing eyes, lush lips and irresistibl
Kindle Edition
Published by Ellora's Cave (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Taking Karre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Karre

Marta Cox
I love Ms Pillows work and it was a real treat for me to finally get my hands on this the final instalment of her Divinity Warriors series. We've seen snippets of Karre in the previous books but this time we got to learn a whole lot more about her and the reason she has arrived on Staria. Karre has her own issues with the Divinity corporation and has been slipping through their fingers for quite some time but it appears that her luck has just ran out. Karre finds herself slap bang in the middle ...more
Okay I was a little confused at first when I started reading the chapters but I figured out how Michelle M. Pillow was writing it and I've gotta say despite that second of confusion I really loved this book I read it in one night I just couldn't put it down and when I did I picked it right back up because I wanted to see what would happen next with Karre and Sir Vidar. I loved Karre despite her secrets she was a strong and determined woman who eventually came into her own and I loved that in a h ...more
Another amazing story by Michelle Pillow. Vidar has sworn to protect the borderlands from the Caniba. Karre is an inter dimensional theif, sworn to take down Divinity. Vidar is ordered by the King to go to the Breeding Ceremony. While he isn't against it, he does believe it is a waste of time, he wants to grab a woman and go back to the front lines. On one of Karre's many personal vengeance missions to take Divinity down she is caught and taken to Staria to be a Bride.

This story starts out with
Yvonne Daniels
I was given this book to read and read and I am a number 1# FAN of Michelle M Pillow. I love her style of writing, her characters, her love scene are so hot they burn the page and you may need a fan and a change of undies. This is the fourth book of Divinity Warriors and I have love reading everyone of them. This is a amazing story by Michelle Pillow.

The story is about Sir Vidar of Spearhead and Karre is a dimensional traveler who has about twenty three aliases and she has sworn to take down Dir
Beth Fuller
Taking Karre is the fourth and final installment to the Divinity Warriors series. Karre is the lock-picking Brunette in the cell with the other women as mentioned in the first 3 books of the series. Her arrival on Staria is as unconventional as the others and in some ways takes on a heavier personal vendetta tone. As with Keeping Page, Karre's story both off-plane and prior to being in the cell on Staria is much better developed. Karre herself is a thief of sorts so comes by her lock-picking ski ...more
Logic didn’t stand a chance! 5 stars

And neither does Vidal & Karre for what fate has in store for them!! What a fantastic story to wrap up this portion of the Divinity Series!! I absolutely loved this story, and in typical “Cherri” form, I think that THIS book was my favorite in the series! I found Karre to be such an interesting character & who could not fall for Vidar! He is so sweet and almost shy, but oh boy is he hooked!!! I was very intrigued with Karre. She has so many various “ta
Cheryl Drake johnson
I really enjoyed this last book in the Divinity Warriors series Sir Vidar met Karre in the hallway of the Battlewar Castle when she was trying to get away from her captors she has been so many different people in her life since her home world was invaded and her father was taken to another world and put into the Gladiator Ring where he died and ever since then she has become a thief and a very good one at that she's been trying to get all the dirty information on the Divinity Corporation to expo ...more
Amanda Richardson
Taking Karre is the fourth (and final?) book in Michelle M. Pillow's Divinity Warriors series, and this one is a good addition to the series! After reading the first three books, I was really interested in Karre's story. From the very beginning, when the four brides are locked together, Karre is immediately ready to escape Staria and the brides perceived confinement. I knew Karre's story would be interesting and I wanted to know how she got to Staria, and I was very happy to read her story.
Did she save the best to last? I'm not sure, but I am sure this was a very satisfying end to the series. You'll have to read to find out the details, no spoilers here. Karre is the last of the brides, sent without their knowledge to a world of knights, armor, castles, an unending war and where women were the minority. One of the best things about this series is the uniqueness of each female character. They were all pretty strong women, they all resented being dumped on a planet to be sexual play ...more
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Taking Karre in exchange for my review.

Karre steals secrets, secrets that Divinity would rather stayed hidden. But when chance catches up with her, Karre gets caught and interigated, though she's taken on so many personas that remembering who she really is is more difficult than anyone thought. Dumped in Staria to become a bride, Karre finds a not unwelcome attraction to Sir Vidar, an attraction that is returned
Laurel Johnson
I have loved reading this series and I think Michelle saved the best for last.

Karre has worn so many masks that at times she wasn't sure who she was or if what she was feeling were her own feelings or ones that belonged to someone else. Sir Vadar is frustrated that he has been summoned to take a bride when he'd rather be fighting. A chance encounter in the hall leads to changes neither expected.

Can Karre, the women kidnapped and sold to be a bride fall for her husband? Will Sir Vadar allow fate
Nikki Brooks
OH NO!! Last of the Divinity Warriors series!!!

Karre is thief extraordinaire and travels interdimensionally between planes. She is amassing secrets but for what??? She is trapped and shifted to Staria and placed in the Bride market. She escapes and bumps into Vidar and end up having a one night stand. She ends up back at bride market but unlike the other brides, she puts herself forward and Vidar selects her.

He is so sweet and seems a bit shy, but oh boy is he hooked! He seems to like a forthri
Saved the best for last!

Out of all of the Divinity Warrior's books, I loved this storyline for Karre the most! I like that she committed her existence to find her father and the vengeance. I liked that she did what she needed to for this to happen. I basically really liked her!

Vidar struck me as very sweet and sexy at the same time, without that in anyway taking away from his masculinity. And although he doesn't understand her, once he committed himself to her, he does his best to be what she n
Kristen Johnson
Taking Karre is book four in the Divinity Warriors series and this book is all about Karre and Vidar.

I wasn't sure where this book was taking us when it first began, a different start than the others, but once I understood what was going on, I got it. Karre was different than the women in previous books. Different in that until we got to her book, we really had no idea who she was or what she had been through before arriving in Staria.

I really felt like Vidar and Karre's story contrasted from
AudioBook Review
Stars Overall 5 Narration 5 Story 5

The fourth in Michelle M. Pillow’s Divinity Warriors series, Taking Karre introduces us to this heroine before the four women in the series meet. Karre is a survivor, and I was honestly not sure just who she was because of her use of other people’s memories and personas as she skipped from one dimension to the next. When she is captured by the Divinity Corporation and brought to Staria, she is thrown into the mix with the women we have met earli
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Karre has worn so many masks and assumed so many different identities she sometimes has to think about who she truly is. Her life of thievery is the reason for all of her many false identities. The advanced technology on the various planes has given her the means to be successful in her purpose. Divinity Corporation has taken something from her and she has made it her life’s purpose to take from them to bring them down.

Sir Vidar of Spearhead is unhappy about the fact that his king has sent him
This was the fourth and last book in this series and I enjoyed every book in the series. Overall I would personally have to say the third book in the series was my favorite, but I enjoyed getting to know the stories of each of the girls that were thrown together in the first book. All 4 stories worked as standalones, but reading them all showed a great blending of the overall theme. I am a little sad that this series is over, but look forward to other books from Ms. Pillow in the future.
Christine Croke
I loved this book! I read it in one night. Couldn't put it down. Honestly I don't think I have read a book with as strong a female character as Karre is. It was wonderful to see her grow to love Vidar as he grew to love her. It was also great to see Divinity and Director Tomes getting theirs as well as Magda. Great series!

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.
Jessica Hale
was a great read, steamy sex scenes,fight scenes and scenes to make you smile.

Karre was a intriging character to learn more about, about her background and what made her the person she is.

Vidar i wasn't sure about him at first but grew to love him even if i wanted to knock some sense into him a few times.
I doubt I will be the only one claiming this as a favorite. Out of the four brides, Karre is the only one truly willing to jump into this world head first, eyes wide open. I loved her for taking the bull by its horns (naughty pun absolutely intended) and made this world hers. #whosabadwarrior
I love Vidar and Karre! Karre is spunky and independent and Vidar knows how to treat women! He knows women are to be protected and cherished. The whole divinity series is great!
Karre was fun and feisty. I love that she did not just want to be the man's toy but went after what she wanted. I loved that her character was fully developed and I really enjoyed her back story.
There's not much that I can say without spoiling the book for those that hadn't read it yet. What I can say is that I really liked it, after the first book from the series this one is my next favorite one. What I liked was the story about Karre and Karre herself. She's captivating, adventurous, brave, sweet and a little crazy at times if you ask me.
If you read the series and like me liked the first book but the others not so much don't give up on it! Just give it a chance.
this is one a series which were gerat, this lady with the others were sold by their own government for a tube of blue water with magical abilities. Yes a tube of water. Each woman has her own abilities and fight against returning to her own universe but live may change the deecsions in the end... Great book as always by this author.
I really loved the main female lead Karre. She had spunk and felt like a real lady in the future. The male lead fell flat. He was one dimensional. I thought it was an "ok" book but not as good as her others. I love the Dragon Lords series and was hoping for something layered like those.
In my opinion...I didn't love it but I liked it. The redeeming character has to be Karre. Although the plot was predictable and character development was good. Karre I absolutely loved; she was mischievous with a quick whit that kept me entertain through the whole book.
Shanna Trim
Really enjoyed this book as much as the others, which is rare for me. All of these books work as a stand-alone which is great, but they're even more of a treat when read in proper order. Karre quite possibly might be my favorite character in this series.
I have to say this is my favorite book out of the whole series I love love love this book
Not bad.
Sometimes it was stil as confusing as hell, but not bad.
  • Parker's Honor (Cowboys and Supernaturals, #2)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Rules of Engagement (Cyberevolution, #7)
  • Dream Bound (Dream Catchers #1)
  • Seduced
  • The Last Man on Earth
  • Saint Returns (Thresl Chronicles #6)
  • Dangerously Mine (Loving Dangerously, #1)
  • Sheala (Celestial Passions, #2)
  • Beloved Enemy (Gaian Stories #2)
  • Clan and Conviction (Clan Beginnings, #2)
  • Loving Zorn (Zorn Warriors, #1-2)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
#1 Amazon Bestselling Author

Michelle M. Pillow is a multi-published, National Bestselling Author writing in many fiction genres including the Bestselling Dragon-Shifter series Dragon Lords and Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, and the mischievously magical Warlocks MacGregor.

Works also include Lord of the Abyss and Lords of the Va
More about Michelle M. Pillow...

Divinity Warriors (4 books)
  • Lilith Enraptured (Divinity Warriors #1)
  • Fighting Lady Jayne (Divinity Warriors #2)
  • Keeping Paige (Divinity Warriors, #3)