Start by marking “Inside the Teenage Brain” as Want to Read:
Inside the Teenage Brain

Inside the Teenage Brain

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Teenagers are perplexing, intriguing, and spirited creatures. In an attempt to discover the secrets to their thoughts and actions, parents have tried talking, cajoling, and begging them for answers. The result has usually been just more confusion. But new and exciting light is being shed on these mysterious young adults. What was once thought to be hormones run amuck can n ...more
Published January 16th 2010 by R & L Education (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Inside the Teenage Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside the Teenage Brain

Dru
I was hoping for this book to be a lot more scientific. While it did have some basis in research, it didn't cite enough papers and didn't tie its advice to research as much as I'd hoped it would.

Also, the book in general was poorly organized, and the "did you know" and "tips" that were before and after each chapter seemed to have nothing to do with the chapters themselves.

All in all, a few tidbits to help me regain my sanity as I attempt to raise two teenagers, but not enough of what I was reall
Zyonese
Excellent book! A great description of what really happens inside the teen's brain, clear enough for any parent to understand. Please read this book if you are a parent.
Evelyn
I gained great insight on teenaged behavior based on brain chemistry. Lots of practical parenting advice and help included!
Meesha
Fantastic! Somewhat repetetive, but the ideas were great. Really helped me with understanding my teen and his reactions.
Kat
A nice review of why teens do what they do...They don't have fully developed brains:)
Tammy Dabros-wulf
Must own, can't borrow it because I need to write in it.
Kristin LaLima
Kristin LaLima marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Melissa Brenner
Melissa Brenner marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Ray Winter
Ray Winter marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Mickie
Mickie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Melissa Nuttall
Melissa Nuttall marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Amy Schumann
Amy Schumann marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Violet45
Violet45 marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jen Amunategui
Jen Amunategui marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Parenting the Teenage Brain: Understanding a Work in Progress Teaching the At-Risk Teenage Brain Learning and the Brain: A Comprehensive Guide for Educators, Parents, and Teachers Tanzanian Women in Their Own Words: Stories of Disability and Illness The Praeger Handbook of Learning and the Brain: Volume 2