Start by marking “Lovely Complex Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Lovely Complex Vol. 4

Lovely Complex Vol. 4 (Lovely*Complex #4)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,678 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Risa has finally realized that she has feelings for Ôtani, and can't wait to confess her love. But dense Ôtani won't take her hints! With the help of all their friends and a romantic beach vacation, can Risa get her affections past his thick head?

Published 2005 by Elex Media Komputindo (first published February 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lovely Complex Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovely Complex Vol. 4

mikha  ϟ
Sep 05, 2011 mikha ϟ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, manga
Ootani is so STOOOOPID. :|
Starry
Dec 12, 2012 Starry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica-Robyn
The (most definitely one-sided) love story of Risa and Otani continues! The name of the game is stupidity and the grad-prize winner is Otani!

In this volume, Risa has accepted her feelings towards Otani, but things get complicated when she finally has to put these emotions out in the open. If only he was smart enough to realize it himself!

This has been one of my favourite volumes so far! It's a roller coaster of desperation as you watch the frustration rise. I know frustration isn't normally a
Teryna90
Jan 11, 2015 Teryna90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shojo-manga
Finally!!! She finally declares her love... ^^ even though it didn't go that well, we all know he is going to fall in love with you Badly ^^
Alessandra
Jul 12, 2015 Alessandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-in-2015
Adorabile! *-*
Julie
Aug 02, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoujo fans
Laugh-out-loud funny, cry-out-loud heart-wrenching. Probably my favorite manga series.
VampAmber
Dear gods, this volume was like My Teenage Years: The Manga. I now feel closer to Risa than ever before. Can I reach into the pages and give her a hug, please? I just can't put these books down, I swear. Lovelovelove it, no matter how awkward it gets. *hugs Risa anyway*
Dani
This volume will jerk your heart strings even if its about a high school first love. Risa is agonizing whether to tell her crush she likes him or not. I love the part Nobu, her honey and their friends play in Risa making her decision. They are so well meaning and you've got to love when Nobu is rocking her best friend role for Risa's sake. Love how Otani and Risa continually bond over Unibozu and how important his friendship with Risa obviously is to Otani.

The art is perfect for the story and t
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
That's how I'd described this one. You just want to give the girl a hug. So many conflicting emotions going on. Its like, just tell him already. And then...yeah don't want to say anything but will say that this was a good volume. Adorable cover by the way.
Alexandra
Mar 26, 2014 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is the best so far! Not only because it was really funny and Risa has finally confessed but because how amazingly beautiful this is drawn. Seriously, there were some pages that I just couldn't stop staring at, I really loved it.
Giovanna Loyola
Nov 28, 2014 Giovanna Loyola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Alyazia
Jul 31, 2014 Alyazia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ALWAYS GIVE THESE VOLUMES FIVE STARS AND I DON'T WANT TO BUT I CAN'T HELP IT THEY'RE SO GOOD
Rosemarie
Feb 06, 2016 Rosemarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shoujo, ugly-cry
Gah!! The manga made me cry at the same point in the anime. Bear curry, Waahhh!
Boo
Everyone wants Risa and Otani to be together, but Otani is so oblivious that is really funny! Poor Risa, she is so patient... she finally was brave enough to confess her feeling and Otani did not get it. What I liked so much is that she keeps getting annoyed, even if she is in love. They do not change their personalities, and of course things get a little awkward when Otani finally realizes Risa's feelings, but it only had to take a simple rickshaw to make everything go as always has been.

I thin
Stella
Sep 28, 2015 Stella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book, can't wait for the next one!
Nicole Lawson
Aug 22, 2014 Nicole Lawson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
See volume 1 for a review of the entire series.
Infinite Scythe
Jan 29, 2014 Infinite Scythe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otani is really starting to annoy me....
Andrew
May 05, 2012 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Koizumi's friends are pushing her to tell Otani how she feels about him, but subtle clues don't seem to be getting through to him. She may not alternative than to lay it all on the line. This volume includes two cherished (at least in manga and anime) high school traditions: the day at the beach during summer break and the class trip to Hokkaido. This series continues to live up to its name by showing us how complicated falling in love can be the first time around.
Susan
Apr 29, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shojo_manga
Lord
Apr 26, 2009 Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, slice-of-life
Well, the stupid cross-dressing plot from the last volume is forgotten (almost) and what we got here is the best volume so far. A real turn-pager full of emotions and tears in a pretty standard high-school manga setting - summer at the beach, cultural festival, school trip, etc.. First class shojo manga. I can't wait to read next volume.
Charmaine
Apr 12, 2011 Charmaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The volume that I've cried...
Risa confessed that she has feelings for Otani, but Otani thinks of it as a joke.
but when Otani realizes it, he said to Risa that he never thinks Risa as a girlfriend...
Heartbroken Risa...
wahh...
I'm seriously relating to it... T_T
Wdebo5487
Aug 09, 2009 Wdebo5487 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah for Lovely Complex!!

Otani's density is wayyyy annoying..but he's so cute...even when he's dense. When he does figure it out...I get angry at Risa...come on girl you have to fight for him!!!

Can't wait for the fifth volume.
Hachton
Jan 05, 2013 Hachton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its weird how they have so many things in common and act like little kids together but their heights separates them sop much that it's as if they hate each other when you as a observer can clearly see their love.
S.J. Pajonas
Sep 21, 2011 S.J. Pajonas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This manga thing is going to be an expensive habit... I just finished Volume 4 last night and was so heartbroken for Risa. Then I jumped on Amazon and bought a whole lot more. Obsessed.
jenni  Ⓥ
Risa finally reveals her true feelings to a totally clueless Otani. This was so frustratingly hilarious in parts and heart-breaking in others. My favorite volume in the series so far.
Amy Gideon
Mar 09, 2015 Amy Gideon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars

This volume is both hilarious and heartbreaking (as in Risa's heart breaking). I feel for both of the main characters in this volume.
Rae
Jun 17, 2011 Rae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really appreciate that the author included some issues that are common in high school such as being true to who you are and sexuality.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibaca pada tanggal 23 Juni 2007.
Raven
Jul 06, 2011 Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shojo-manga
yay, she told him!! makes me happy.
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
  • We Were There, Vol. 4
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 2
Aya Nakahara is an award-winning Japanese comic book author who made her debut in 1995. She is most famous for her Kansai-dialect romantic comedy series Lovely Complex (also known as ラブコン or LoveCom) which as well as spawning a feature film and a 24-episode animated television series has been translated into many different languages and has been published across the world.

She primarily writes in t
More about Aya Nakahara...

Lovely*Complex (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 1
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 8
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 9
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 10
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 11

“Let's use that empty noggin of yours as a punch bowl, so it's at least good for something!!

Whadja say?! Ooh, but I love punch!!”
15 likes
“Ohh! Wow!! Ohh!! Wow!!

Those the only two words you know? Sounds like a dirty movie.”
12 likes