Start by marking “50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming” as Want to Read:
50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming

50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  24 reviews
"Signs of the Times" are prophecies given by the Lord to bear witness that the last days are here and that the Second Coming of the Savior will occur soon. As His return grows closer, more and more of these signs are being fulfilled.

In this book, David J. Ridges describes 50 of these prophecies, placing them in one of three general categories.

Each prophecy is designate

Published October 1st 2003 by CFI

To ask other readers questions about 50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming

Natalie
Aug 04, 2008 Natalie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who are worried about the 2nd Coming
Recommended to Natalie by: my dad
I liked that it taught us to have the right perspective of the signs (ie the signs should help us increase our faith- not to make us scared).

And it gave me a new insight into what the scriptures are talking about. It is interesting what the general authorities and prophets have said, too.

I was just a little disappointed in what it actually had to say. I guess it was a stepping stone, and I guess not much more can be said unless a general authority or a prophet says something on the matter, whi
Diana
This book gave me some peace. I have always been quite terrified of the last days ( I mean really, really last days) and the Second Coming. I have had dreams about it since I was quite young that stuck with me and scared me. So, I bought this little book and it actually helped me to feel excited for those events rather than paranoid. Sometimes when I get distressed about the way things are now, I will go back to this book to get calm again. When reading about topics like this, I think it is impo ...more
Sherilee
Ridges explains in great detail 50 signs of the times and of the second coming, using scriptural references, and quotes from general authorities/prophets. I like that he quotes all his references word for word in his book. I almost want to call it a handbook or reference guide because of all the information he has gleaned to place in this handy book. He displays the information from a positive angle and quotes President Hinckley stating that this is the best time to be alive in the history of ma ...more
goddess
I picked this up in my father's library while everyone else was watching a movie (just can't get into John Wayne....), so I did a quick read--not thorough. But it's a pretty short book as it is. It's very interesting. I like the conciseness in outlining the signs of the times as well as pointing out the significances. I definitely gained some new perspectives and insight on a couple of topics.....which I always love.
Sandra Munro
This book was disappointingly shallow, I thought. It's essentially a collection of what we can all access ourselves, which I was expecting, but I suppose I was hoping for a more thorough collection of all that has been written and taught on this topic - which might have been an aid to added insights. Nope. It's quite a superficial treatment of a magnificently complex subject. This is not the definitive text.
Andrew Ross
This was an audio CD; I think it would be better read. As the title suggests this is an excellent comprehensive reference of the signs leading up to the second coming. He expounds on each prophecy occasionally clarifying misunderstandings that some of us have. Anytime I read a book like this I feel like I have a much better perspective on World history and the state of things.
I enjoyed this book. the last days signs have always fascinated me. I like how the author sticks with fact and doesn't speculate as you will see in some "last days fiction" books. I already knew most of these signs, but I did learn a lot at the same time. an inspiration to be ready each day!
Erin L.
A worthwhile read. Not a ton of new information, but the way it's compiled gives a greater overall understanding to the events leading to Christ's Second Coming. Plus, there's lots of scriptural references quoted and LDS Church leader commentaries that help support the author's statements.
Sirpa Grierson
Clearly written and helpful catalog of what has been fulfilled, what can be viewed as currently happening, and the few things that still have to occur before the Second Coming. Hmmm . . . Are we running out of time? I found this succinct and informative.
Becky
I liked how it outlined what many of the signs are and which ones have been fulfilled already. It also explained some in detail that were a little hazy for me. Interesting.
Ragan
May 02, 2009 Ragan is currently reading it
I just got this one and am working my way though the intro. It is good so far. This is a topic I am very interested in and would like to learn more about.
Kathleen
Very logical and ordered recitation of the signs of the times many of which have already occurred. The message is not to fear and it was well communicated.
Nancy Nurse
This book was great! Such much great information. Many signs of the times already fulfilled that I didn't know about.
Jenna
Positive perspective on the signs of the times. More like a list with brief discussions on each one. Highly recommended.
Erin
I read this several years ago. Not much new information for me, but very interesting. I like being watchful.
Aubrey
I read this book some time ago, but I liked it so well I read it twice before I returned it to the library.
Jeanne
Excellant book. Just short but gave me the best insight on the second coming and what to expect. I loved it.
Abby
Opened my eyes to how many signs have been fulfilled already and what is yet to be fulfilled.
Sonya
This was very informative and also inspired hope and faith. Loved it.
Suzette
Easy for me to understand, number by number. Very interesting!
Rebecca
It is getting closer everyday!
Katieb (MundieMoms)
A great book to read!
Shireen
Good references.
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Charles G.
Charles G. marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 1: 1 Nephi Through Words of Mormon 65 Signs of the Times: Leading Up to the Second Coming The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma The Book of Mormon Made Easier: Part 3 The Old Testament Made Easier, Vol. 1 (Gospel Studies)