Start by marking “Reframing the Path to School Leadership: A Guide for Teachers and Principals” as Want to Read:
Reframing the Path to School Leadership: A Guide for Teachers and Principals

Reframing the Path to School Leadership: A Guide for Teachers and Principals

The best leaders use multiple frames to view common challenges and to solve the most difficult problems. A series of dialogues between a novice and a master teacher and between a new and a seasoned principal demonstrate how framing and then reframing challenges brings clarity."
Published March 12th 2002 by Corwin Publishers

Megan
Jan 26, 2015 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
This was a quick read about school leadership. It was interesting in that it explained the four lenses or frames (political, human resources, structural, and symbolic) in an easy to understand story that felt like a novel. You follow a first-year teacher and a first-year principal at the same school who each make the same mistakes that those new in their respective positions normally make. The two characters learn from their mistakes and use the four frames to improve their effectiveness. I like ...more
Queen
Dec 19, 2014 Queen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tangible-library
The scenarios are relevant to the professional experience of teachers and principals. Bolman and Deal do an excellent job of demonstrating how to navigate different situations through the frameworks of human resources, politics, symbolism, and strategy. It emphasizes the importance of relationships and the various purposes they can serve. Although you get a sense of their struggles, you also get a sense of their celebrations.

My only criticism of the story is the unrealistic gatherings at restau
Gillian Bourassa
A really enjoyable and thought-provoking read. While it is a quick read (I read it in about 2-3 hours, or one sitting), one should linger over its message. I would love it if some of my colleagues were to read this book in light of some of the new things we are doing in our school.
Judith
This was a very helpful book for young novice leaders and teachers. Deal and Bolman pack-in much useful information about how to handle the daily issues that arise in classrooms and administrative offices during the first year on the job.
Suzanne
Mar 02, 2008 Suzanne rated it really liked it
A book for my NJExcel classes that I'm actually enjoying. Reads like a novel. Any teacher or administrator would appreciate it.
Tim Meehan
Tim Meehan is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
William N. Massaquoi
William N. Massaquoi marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Graciela Chavez
Graciela Chavez is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2016
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jul 24, 2016
Janet Page Rossini
Janet Page Rossini rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Langa
Langa rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Melissa D Blair
Melissa D Blair rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Kiflu
Kiflu marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Jeff Brunstrum
Jeff Brunstrum rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2016
Ashley H
Ashley H rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Geoff Meehle
Geoff Meehle rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Shai
Shai rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Whtyac
Whtyac rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2015