Start by marking “The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart” as Want to Read:

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In The Mindful Woman, best-selling author and psychotherapist Sue Patton Thoele shows the woman who does too much how practicing mindfulness, cultivating calm, and restoring balance can increase feelings of well-being, hopefulness, and happiness-and happier, calmer women can be more successful and productive.
Published April 1st 2008 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Mindful Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindful Woman

Kirsty
Dit boek kreeg ik ruim een jaar geleden aangereikt.
Nu ik er in lees begrijp ik de bedoeling. Het boek Pil van M.Bodde zal ik terugaanbieden.
Hier ga ik vast iets aan hebben, maar de timing was op dat moment nog niet zo goed.

Ik lees de vertaling, misschien is het origineel prettiger geschreven, maar ik betwijfel het.
het heeft mijn interesse gewekt en ik zal eens rondkijken naar een boek met dit onderwerp, maar ik vind dit boek heel onprettig geschreven, heb moeite me er doorheen te worstelen.
Sandra Schock
For those of you looking for practical ideas about how to become more mindful in everyday life and try to live more in the present this book is for you. In fact there are almost too many suggestions and I may re-read it and pick a handful to focus on. I think it is best read one "practice" a day (or less often) rather than reading more at a time. (Each practice is a few pages of reading).
Tracey
Really pleased with the beautiful lessons and practices within this book. Psychoanalyst Patton Thoele doesn't spit out "The Secret" nonsense. She helps you find the power to redirect your thinking and stay on the journey of mindfulness.

Because it's a journey, not a destination. This book will stay by my bedside to pick up whenever I need a reminder.
Roniq
Oct 11, 2011 Roniq rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking mindfullness, stillness, a change of pace to a frenetic world
Great book on being mindful with a few short exercise after each chapter.Things we all have learned about and know I'm sure but it's just great to get a shot of inspiration via a new spin. An interesting part for me was about being "Compassionately Detached". I had never heard this term and found it quite refreshing in it's meaning.
Lora
I bought this book on a whim at a women's spirituality conference I attended this fall. It is a book that I read through quickly and now it sits on the table next to my bed and at least once a week I dig in and try one of the practices.
Martha
Maybe I've read too many of these kinds of books, but this seemed like a superficial pastiche of self-help platitudes. I'd go straight to the sources, e.g., Kabat-Zinn and Pema Chodron among others whose books are deeper, better written, and appear to come out of long personal and professional experience.
Tobi
This would make a wonderful gift for any women that you know. It is written in short-do right now-chapters. It is specific on how women can use our inborn chacteristics to become more mindful and peaceful. If you're one of my women friends or relatives you just might get this for Xmas this year.
Terri
A wonderful guide for developing a practice of mindfulness - which is simply paying attention to where we are in the immediate moment. This book is written with the overextended, multitasking woman in mind! Full of simple suggestions and gentle practices....
Kathy
I mainly skimmed through this book, it didn't hold my interest very well but I wouldn't say it's a bad book. It contains practical advice with helpful exercises that serve as relevant reminders to any woman at any phase of life.
Advie
This was a wonderful book for searching into self, soul, religion, and not just for women. The author speaks of many religious not just one in specific. Many topics covered. Good for reflection and spiritual searching.
Carol Rodi
Due to circumstances that I have no control over I am near the end of myself in regards to too much stress...this little book is helping me to restore...or at best at least guide me gently on the path to some calm...
Yuki
It's an introductory book and offers little if any original advice I hadn't read elsewhere. It also didn't feel specifically catered to women... I read about half and was ready to quit reading.
Chris
Excellent book written for any woman who wants to experience greater peace and serenity. I love the author's concise writing style and her insights into everyday challenges.
Ruth
Very common sense approach that every woman should try to employ. I am already seeing positive results for myself. A great gift for family and friends in your life.
Maret
This is a wonderful & inspiring collection of ideas, stories & lessons that have really helped me stay calm, enjoy the simple things in life and become more mindful.
Tracy
I liked this. Very practical ways of trying to incorporate mindfulness into your life.
Amy
mindfulness is a goal of mine- some good exercises in here
Theresa
Part of my mindful living project.
Karen
Would buy a copy of this one.
Dianne
Reading with my sisters!
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Pearl Read
Pearl Read marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Eve Stern
Eve Stern marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Suelyn
Suelyn marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Courage to Be Yourself: A Woman's Guide to Emotional Strength and Self-Esteem The Woman's Book of Confidence: Meditations for Strength & Inspiration The Woman's Book of Courage: Meditations for Empowerment and Peace of Mind The Courage to Be a Stepmom: Finding Your Place Without Losing Yourself The Women's Book of Soul: Meditations for Courage, Confidence & Spirit