Start by marking “Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)” as Want to Read:
Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)

Suzanna's Surrender (The Calhouns #4)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,817 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Burned-out and tired as hell, the only thing ex-cop Holt Bradford wanted to do was relax. But when beautiful single mom Suzanna invaded his solitude to search for the missing Calhoun emeralds, he couldn't say no. Holt was no longer the bad-boy teen Suzanna remembered. He'd grown into a dangerously sexy man—all the more reason to keep a safe distance. Suzanna wouldn't risk ...more
School & Library Binding, 357 pages
Published October 6th 2005 by Wheeler Publishing (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Suzanna's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suzanna's Surrender

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
95th out of 211 books — 1,130 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Novels With People's Names in the Title
264th out of 799 books — 126 voters

More lists with this book...

Kajol
Dec 16, 2010 Kajol rated it really liked it
I've read the other books preceding this one and I liked them all. In fact I loved them. Not so much to give a 5 star rating but enough to remember it as one of the good reads.

I've said this from the beginning and I say it again, there's no Romeo in this series, no passionate dark lover...no sudden twist in the plot but just a sheer soulful beauty in a simple story that touched my heart.

I liked this book a lot. Its a wonderful blend of old and new, light and dark, love and hurt. *Sigh*

Holt Bradf
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: ~200 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1991. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.
Sex:Explicit. Handwavy.
Hero: Retired detective
Heroine: Landscape gardener

Completing the story of the missing emeralds as well as giving the last Calhoun sister her HEA, Suzanna’s Surrender works.

It’s a sweet romance of a young, divorced mother finding the man who will make her life complete, who will love her children and her, support and respect her.

And he gets resp
Vicki
May 02, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Suzanna Calhoun's story is great. She is the divorced mother of two children. The children are a great addition to the story. They are cute and involved in her life as she is theirs. When she finds herself drawn well falling for Holt Bradford. He is an ex-cop and she is starting a new business. They keep finding themselves together and even thought he is not a soft easy man, she likes him a lot.

She is always dealing with her ex husband and he is a terrible mistake. He treated her badly and has
Cathy
Dec 18, 2014 Cathy rated it liked it
Not completely what I wanted it to be, but this read like a train and I could not put it down. Despite all the flaws with the actual romances (the last two were definitely my favourite), I really liked Bianca & Christian's story that was woven throughout the series.
Xiki71
Jul 01, 2014 Xiki71 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Me ha gustado mas que los anteriores de la serie. La tia Colleen me ha encantado con esa forma de tratar a todo el mundo. Para leerlo en una tarde está bastante bien, eso sí, hay que leer los anteriores para enterarse de la historia.
Cindi
Apr 28, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it
I think Nora Roberts did it again. Mixed mystery with romance and came up with another good book. And just for a little while you are transported to the books location.
Rita Kayla
Sep 18, 2014 Rita Kayla rated it really liked it
I wanted an ending and I got it. Thank you Bianca! I guess...
The plot was taken to a next level, really good story and amazing couples. and that great aunt Colleen!! I love her!! I liked her the moment she stepped back into their lives.
Sweet, great mother and strong person. That's how I would describe Suzanna! Bad experience broke her but she knew how to be there for her children and how to survive for them. I just love the way Nora Roberts draws the image of the single mother whether it is in t
Rie_dominique

Dibandingkan buku Lilah, buku ini jauh lebih baik. Tapi Suzanna bener-bener mengingatkan kita akan Laura Templeton di Finding the Dream

kedua-duanya sama-sama janda dua anak dengan perceraian yang pahit, mantan suami yang kurang ajar dan menguras habis harta mereka, kemudian jatuh cinta dengan cowok lokal yang sebenarnya udah lama naksir mereka. Pencarian harta karunnya juga hampir serupa walaupun latar belakang kisah harta karun di trilogi Dream jauh lebih bagus dibandingkan buku ini.

Dan juga,
Ayu Wirdha
Jun 02, 2014 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it
Pam H
May 25, 2015 Pam H rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, k, z2015
Another easy reading series by Roberts. A little suspense, a little romance and strong family ties. Easy to stop and start again but certainly enjoyable. Her women are strong willed and self reliant and the men have interesting, varied backgrounds but not overly done. She also has some of the best named male characters I've seen.

Jennifer Lazareck
May 19, 2015 Jennifer Lazareck rated it liked it
Romantic reincarnation with this one. The unhappy housewife, gets a divorce (last time it was murder) and her broody ex-cop high school crush (great gran dad was an artist). Plus, the jewels are FINALLY found. Series done.
Kay
Apr 04, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it
Love the way Nora Roberts weaves a story. A master storyteller, Roberts, can take you on two journeys as she continues her story of the Calhoun women. Loved getting to know each of the strong ladies and also taking the behind the scene walk through their history.
Sophie
Jan 19, 2013 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2013
Suzanna Calhoun manages to fall in love with the ex-cop Holt Bradford, with the always looming pressure of finding the emerald's before the thief could, handling her job, kids, and family. In my opinion she is the strongest of all the Calhoun women surviving her monstrous marriage, starting her own business with all her energy, and still functioning at the end of the day to take care of her darling children. She made a goal to never fall in love or get married again, but how long can a woman go ...more
Maria
Aug 16, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The fourth book in the series of the Calhoun sisters and their hunt for the family heirloom. This time we follow nurturing mother of two, Suzanna, when she gets reacquainted with hometown boy, Holt, a hardened ex-cop. The developing story between them and the kids was so sweet. I do think Holt was a bit over the top in his mood swings and sometimes Suzanna was a bit to giving and accepting.

It was a nice twist in where the emeralds were found. The ending was a bit bland but I know there is one bo
Diane
Apr 02, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this title in the Calhoun Women's series, even if I am reading them out of order ! Next up: Megan's Mate # 5 :)
♥ Nell ♥
I liked the romance. A good continuing story. Onto Megan's...
Tanya Simon
May 13, 2015 Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful conclusion! I really like the Calhouns and it would be hard to pick a favorite!
Laurin
May 26, 2015 Laurin rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
This was actually one of the first romance novels I ever read - the other being an entirely other sort which has likely left me a little scarred, but what doesn't? Back when I was nine or ten I rescued a rather battered copy from the back of a cabinet in my mother's bathroom and so began my long-standing/suffering love affair with love. That is the fictional sort of love that so rarely sees the light of a real day. It was good enough to foster a hunger yet to be satisfied. I'd like to thank Nora ...more
Carolyn
Mar 31, 2015 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, romance-2015
Loved the story and how it ties to the past.
Dora Okeyo
Loved Holt's persistence.
Jennifer Brown
May 26, 2015 Jennifer Brown rated it liked it
I wasn't too impressed with this novel. It seemed to take me FOREVER to get through it because it was a little boring. I usually enjoy Ms. Roberts work, but this is one that I would not pick up again.
Celia
Jul 08, 2015 Celia rated it really liked it
Good end to the saga my fav of the 4
Jaime
Aug 13, 2009 Jaime rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2009
Will we finally get to the end of Bianca’s story? Will they ever find her emeralds? While I liked Suzanna’s story, and her romance with a hometown boy, I wasn’t a fan of the flashbacks in this one. I already knew the story of Bianca and Christian from her side, I really didn’t need it all rehashed from his side. It didn’t really add anything new to the saga. Good wrap-up to the mystery, though.
Sonia Cristina
Dec 29, 2013 Sonia Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: português
Sempre gostei de Suzanna e tinha pena dela pelo que passou com o ex-marido. Gostei do livro dela, de ver como é uma mulher corajosa, que mudou de vida pelos filhos, começou um negócio e voltou a apaixonar-se.

Finalmente é desvendado o mistério das esmeraldas e do que se passou com Bianca, outra história comovente.
Janet
Jul 11, 2010 Janet rated it liked it
I guess I am a sucker for predictability but there's sometimes about these heroines -- usually divorced, treated badly by a cad former-dh ... and the guy from the other side of the tracks who has always loved them.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Finally! The fourth sister gets her man and the jewels. Well, yes, the "family jewels" are something she also enjoys but doesn't share with her sisters. It's a nice conclusion to this set.
Hirni Patel
Apr 06, 2013 Hirni Patel rated it it was amazing

Haven't read the other sisters stories but I love this one which will make me go back to the other stories. Oh how I fell in love with their stubborn but loving personalities!
Heather
Sep 08, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Sorta getting the same love story repeated now, but I still like the characters and liked how the mystery was solved!
Vaishali Turambekar
Jan 01, 2014 Vaishali Turambekar rated it liked it
This is the second book I am reading of Nora Roberts and can say I enjoyed reading this book.
Melissa Richardson
Apr 29, 2011 Melissa Richardson rated it really liked it
Shelves: roberts-nora
Great end to a super amazing series! Did not want it to end!! Love the Calhoun's!
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Sizzle All Day (Bad Luck Abroad, #2)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1453)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • Karaoke at The Tumbleweed
  • Taken in Death (In Death, #37.5)
  • The Sex on the Beach Book Club
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Wicked Under the Covers (Carlisle Family, #1)
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • A Callahan Carol
  • The Headstrong Bride
  • The Sultan's Bought Bride  (Princess Brides, #1)
  • Dragon Lovers (Includes: Guardians #2.5)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Megan's Mate (Calhouns #5)