Start by marking “Edge of Honor” as Want to Read:
Edge of Honor

Edge of Honor

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  190 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Best-selling author Gilbert Morris has created an epic story of war, regret, love, and forgiveness set in the post-civil war South.
Published June 1st 2010 by Zondervan (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Honor

Cindy
Jan 12, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book...especially if you like historical fiction. It takes place at the end of the Civil War and deals w/ medicine and surgery in those days. Really interesting! Has a good love story, things about faith and family, ethical/moral dilemmas...I really enjoyed it!
Natalia
Feb 23, 2010 Natalia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
VERY BORING!
Mallory
Feb 09, 2013 Mallory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well-educated young doctor from the North named Quentin Larribee is conscripted into the Civil War just as it’s nearing its end. His guilt over accidentally killing a surrendering enemy soldier leads him to seek out that man’s widow and do anything he can to help her and her children. A Yankee in Arkansas is not a welcome sight to most folks after the war is over, but Quentin slowly wins over the small town and the Breckenridge family with his kind heart and good deeds. However, when he ends u ...more
Angela Bycroft
This was one of those books that took a sweeping story and wrapped it around some incredibly memorable characters and locations. An epic tale of the civil war and the consequences that go with that.

Quentin Larabie is a successful surgeon whose life seems mapped out before him. He's engaged to a lady of high society in New York City and his career is going from strength to strength. But whispers of disquiet linger as he wonders if he really loves his fiancé and the plans she and her father have
Lacy
Nov 11, 2009 Lacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really had to push through the first 20 pages. After that I was wisked back to the 1800's. Ok, not completely, I occasionally had to remind myself where and when I was reading. I loved the characters. I didn't realize this was a Christian book when I picked it up. I quite enjoyed reading a Christian Civil War novel.

Our hero is an ugly, remarkably kind, gifted surgeon who is kind of a pushover. Did I mention he was ugly? I loved that! Not only was he homely, but he knew it, others knew it - COM
Linda Hart
Jun 28, 2009 Linda Hart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good post-Civil War historical romance about honor and redemption. I learned a few new things re: history of the period, and really appreciated this strong moral message, constant religious undertone and occasional scripture passages. Gilbert Morris is a popular and prolific Christian writer. I have "read" a few of his other novels via audio books and am always looking for them on my library trips.
Erin
This was a fairly interesting book set around the Civil War. The characters were pretty interesting.
However the author tended to "tell" me too much instead of "showing" me. The pace was good but some of the outcomes were a little too predictable.
I liked the happy ending. Specially since I wasn't quite sure till the last several pages that it would be...
Mom
Mar 11, 2016 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book - one I devoured in like 2 days :) The choice Quentin faces between New York City and Helena, Arkansas was two very different lives and I couldn't wait to see how the author made all his twist and turns in the novel for things to work out for Quentin and his sister Hannah. Sweet ending!
Katherine Coble
Not my cup of tea at all. Like much Christian fiction, Morris tends to moralise with every introduction. He's never just telling you about a person and a place. It's always "this is John Smith. The ladies love him but common knowledge is that he is a black hearted rogue who cheats at cards."
Judith Mullett
Dec 02, 2012 Judith Mullett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book I could not put down. Morris won a Christy Award for this book. One of the best books I have read. His characters, setting, and plots are very real and he makes you feel as if you are right there with the characters. As always with Morris, God is always an important ingredient.
Catherine Sandy
Nov 25, 2011 Catherine Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a real good story about love, integrity, the importance of faith and forgiveness. A doctor and his sister move from New York to Arkansas after the Civil War to help and young widow whose husband he had killed during a battle.
Carol
Feb 15, 2008 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Civil War story. It lets you see a little of what it must have been like to be a involved in the war. The story follows one man and his quest to find forgiveness for killing a rebel.
Rebecca Rash
May 19, 2013 Rebecca Rash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slower paced, factual, but none the less a good read from Gilbert Morris.
Chandra
May 15, 2013 Chandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Interesting story. Kept my interest going. 3.5 stars.
Kim Faires
Nov 17, 2013 Kim Faires rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super good book!
June
Apr 12, 2009 June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read.
Judith
Judith rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Sarah added it
Aug 17, 2016
Ana Banana
Ana Banana marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
HopeEllen Petro
HopeEllen Petro rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Chrissie
Chrissie rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Tessa
Tessa rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Lonie Scott
Lonie Scott rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Amanda Ellison
Amanda Ellison marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Jun 17, 2016
Carol Hinckley
Carol Hinckley marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
  • The Friendly Persuasion
  • Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)
  • The Velvet Shadow (Heirs of Cahira O'Connor #3)
  • Sea to Shining Sea (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #5)
  • The Tamarack Tree
  • Outlaw's Bride (The Western Sky Series, #1)
  • A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee
  • Whispers in the Wind (Wild West Wind #2)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)
  • Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)
  • Lily (Song of the River #1)
  • Kansas Weddings