Start by marking “Harry Potter y el misterio del príncipe (Harry Potter, #6)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter y el misterio del príncipe (Harry Potter, #6)

Harry Potter y el misterio del príncipe (Harry Potter #6)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  1,392,989 ratings  ·  18,943 reviews
Lord Voldemort y sus acólitos ganan poder y fuerza causando caos y dolor tanto en el mundo mágico como en el muggle. La Orden del Fénix está debilitada, bajo ataque, y sufriendo graves pérdidas.

Mientras Harry empieza su sexto año en la escuela, las medidas de seguridad de Hogwarts aumentan. Harry se ve a sí mismo y a todos a su alrededor de un modo diferente. Los rumores
Published February 2006 by Salamandra (first published July 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter y el misterio del príncipe, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Whisper19 in addition to the already offered answers, both of which are dead on (pardon the pun), Dumbledore needed to be seen as more than "the only one…morein addition to the already offered answers, both of which are dead on (pardon the pun), Dumbledore needed to be seen as more than "the only one Voldemort ever feared". Harry needed to see the faults in the man he perceived as perfect. Imagine the thoughts running through Harry's head when Dumbledore died - if Dumbledore, who was the greatest wizard of all times could not defeat Voldemort, how could he! But by seeing the mistakes Dumbledore had made throughout his entire life (and there were a couple) and by having Dumbledore admit to those to Harry at "King's Cross", Harry can see that Dumbledore was just a man. He can also be told by Dumbledore that he (Harry) is a "better" man than him (Dumbledore), a self-sacrificing pure soul, the only kind that stands any chance against Voldemort. (less)

John Brooks
Dec 03, 2013 John Brooks rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with souls
The crown jewel of the Harry Potter series, "Half-Blood Prince" is one of the finest novels I've read in my lifetime. Having allowed us to watch Harry evolve and mature for so many years, Rowling finally lifts the veil, so to speak, humanizing the larger than life characters of not just Dumbledore and Snape, but significantly and achingly, Tom Riddle. This is love letter to one of the hardest things we all experience: the moment that your idols become your peers, your parents become your friends ...more
Jul 15, 2007 Aloysius rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Popular Fantasy Geeks
Since pretty much everyone I know has read these books, I figure reviewing them is pretty pointless. But with the new book coming out in a couple of days, I have to go through them beginning to end. To make the reviews more entertaining, I will be doing them in a variety of unexpected formats. For this review, I will be writing as a power ballad.

(Intro: Piano and strings)

You were always by my side
You will always be my guide
But the road I'm on
Goes on and on
And I've left you beHIIIIIND!

(Big crunch
It seems like by now, everyone would realize they should listen to Harry..
Such a sad end :( I knew that was going to happen before starting the series, but didn't know when. It still got me in the feels, though.
The book as a whole was really fun and entertaining. I love the mystery and learning more about Voldemort. The romance drama was funny as well.
I can't wait to see what adventures the next book brings and how it all concludes..
Whitney Atkinson
i dont want to talk to anyone
dont even look at me
i was expecting it and i still cried for like 30 minutes
Ademilson Moraes
Some books instantly remind me of winter, this is one of them; but it is much more than the fact that I started reading this one next to a wood burning stove, covered in blankets. This book is cold. There is a tinge of bitterness and melancholy since the beginning, really; you can feel it while reading, some parts even make you feel sad. What happened at the end of Order of the Phoenix brought with it a promise of global change and it's almost palpable now. There is no safe place anymore, Harry ...more
Raeleen Lemay
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

This is DEFINITELY one of my top favorite books in the series. Shit just gets so real.

My thoughts:

-Dumbledore is so FREAKING sketchy in this book! He's so secretive, and he's always sneaking around, not explaining anything to Harry.

-I'm always so proud of Fred and George for getting their own joke shop... I don't know what it is, I just feel like a proud mom.

-ALL OF THE TOM RIDDLE BACKSTORY. THE GAUNT HOUSE. OMG. I literally need a whole book ab
Carmen Maloy
Oct 22, 2007 Carmen Maloy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Juliana Zapata
Un libro tan emocionante como doloroso, me tomaron por sorpresa todos los sucesos que acontecen en este libro. Reí y me emocioné muchísimo con el 90% del libro, pero cuando llegué a las últimas páginas todo fue dolor y sufrimiento.

Terminé destrozada

Reseña Completa:
Franco  Santos
Amé con todo mi ser este libro. Todo se vuelve más umbrío y oscuro. Es un tomo triste y en el que se revelan muchas cosas determinantes para el último libro de la mejor saga de todos los tiempos.

Y ahora, Harry, adentrémonos en la oscuridad y vayamos en busca de la aventura, esa caprichosa seductora.

- Albus Dumbledore
This book has to be one of my favourites in the series, if not my favourite!! There's just something really special about it and it's just such a beautiful book...

The plot is so intricately structured and everything falls into place so well! I think this book has the best plot out of the series as it builds up to the end and really does keep you guessing throughout!

The character development within this book is fantastic! Everyone is just that little bit sassier and hormonal which is very enterta
Spoilers for anyone who has never read the books or seen the movies. In which case, have you been living under a rock?!

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."

Albus Dumbledore is by far one of my favourite characters. He is clever, kind, badass, but most of all, he is weird. And I like weird. I like the way his first-day-of-the-year speeches make no sense at all. I like how he uses different types of candy for his office passwords. I like how he
OK. I'm prepared to admit I've read it. As someone once said about Jeffrey Archer novels, it's rather like a packet of stale chips. You keep taking them out and eating them, hoping that the ones at the bottom are little better. But they're not. After a while, you notice that the bag is empty, and you feel rather disgusted with yourself.

She claims the whole story was planned from the beginning. Yeah, right. Though, to be fair, she's in good company; Proust said something similar about A La Recher
Jan 17, 2008 Nightfalltwen rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: children-9-12
Well I decided to come back and actually put in a review for this book since all I'd done is give it a star and go on my merry little way.

Hated this book. Flat out, this book was the worst of the whole seven-book series.

I bought HBP the day it was released and I was very excited to read something new in the series. To my shock, I couldn't believe how bad the story was. Something happened to JKR's editor. I think perhaps foul play was involved because apparently the editor was completely absent.
Okay, how am I really supposed to review this book? The thing is, I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, no way around it. I've been obsessed, and more than likely will always be obsessed. So I can't really step back and give a biased review on this book... but I will give a review nonetheless.

This book did not let me down. Just like Order of the Phoenix I read it within 24 hours. Every single chapter, sentence, word, grabbed at me! By this point in the series I'm seriously invested in the characters a
Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*
These books are breaking me. I admit it. I'm addicted to a children's book series. So sue me.
This book isn't as action packed as the other books in the series. It tells more of the back story and it's when I saw Harry truly grow up. My heart is completely broken over this little story.
The only fault I could give this book is that it doesn't have as much of my boyfriends George and Fred as the other books. So I'll just add them here.

Really people if you are one of those and yes I was one..tha
There are no words.

Also, this made me laugh.
Jason Koivu
This is when Rowling really focused on the finish. No more f-ing around. This woman had a job to do.

In a way, I was glad the sports championships, tournaments and other silly asides were done with. On the other hand, the story became singleminded in scope. As readers we were no longer inhabiting the world of Harry Potter, we were now on a quest. As much as I've complained about those silly asides, I realized after finishing this book (and especially after the next one) that I missed them. Divers
lamarcus brown
Aug 29, 2013 lamarcus brown rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all ages
ok, I admit it. I'm a grown man (debatable) and I like Harry potter. However, I was like any other 'Mr. Macho' in the beginning thinking Harry potter Books are for children and maybe women.

It started off innocently enough, my wife and daughter were reading the books, they really enjoyed them so I bought the first movie for my daughter when it came out... then the second, third, and fourth movies. And I enjoyed them, but I still hadn't plunged to the humiliating level of actually reading the boo
I am a mess after that ending holy mother
And I still cry, every single time.

Probably my favorite of the lot. You know, if I had to decide. If it was a matter of life and death.
Mohammed Arabey
First of all ,It's the less "action" book in the series, That's why many may get disappointed, But I see it's one important book for the character development and to wrap up the actual "Task" of how Harry should finish Voldemort. as at that book we learn more about his past also we realize secrets that the writer kept hidden-although gave some hints that proved it was there from the beginning-about what Harry's facing, The cleverness of showing the "Horcruxes" idea was there since the early stag ...more
Reread in December 2014 for #HarryXmasToYou

I loved rereading this book. I always forget how different it is from the movie! SO GOOOOOOD!
Norah Sumner
“And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off? Or pretending? He let them fall.”

What a fantastic ride!I loved every single moment of it(even though this is probably my least favourite in the series)-all the twists,the tears,the smiles,the kisses.Also...character development at it's best.I seriously love Luna and Ginny in this one-phenomenal and unique characters.I love how Hermione and Ron are making each
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Jonathan Janz
Here's the thing about the Harry Potter books...

They're awesome.

Deep, huh? Well, deep or shallow, it's the truth. I waited a long time to read the Harry Potter books because I wanted to experience them with my own children. My son (8) and I just finished the sixth book, my first daughter (6) and I are working on the first, and my youngest child (3) is content to commandeer her siblings' wands and run around shrieking, "I have a Harry Potter stick!"

In other words, we all enjoy it.

I could write a
Please excuse me while I cry myself to sleep :'(
Okay so even after that ending this is still my favorite of the series by far. Before it had been The Prisoner of Askaban, but I loved this one so much!

I only have a few dislikes (apart from the ending obviously), and they are mainly how some characters irritated me.
1. Could Hermione & Ron not shown a bit more trust & support in his suspicions about Draco & Snape & about the room of requirement?
It's funny how even though you know exactly what will happen, who will die, who will live, you still find yourself laughing, crying, just feeling every emotion possible. This is exactly what Harry Potter is capable of doing with you. It's a special story and I can't wait to read the last one. Even though I will probably be a big effin mess afterwards.
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

How did we come from the first book to this? How has this become one of the most emotional series ever? How has this become about pain, hurt and death?

This book was huge, just huge. I enjoyed every single page. Well, enjoyed isn't the right word because this entire book is pain in all of its glory.

Our heroes are grown, fully-grown. They have come face to face with their mortal enemy and have to stand up against h
J.G. Keely
After the loss of the (admittedly: occasionally interminable) dark psychological tone of the last book, this one falls into a very recognizable 'plot coupon' pattern, which should be familiar to anyone who played D&D or watched Dragonball (we were all 11 once, right?). Of course, constructing the finale around such a simple and direct concept for the ending of the conflict is easy for the author. However, it is formulaic and predictable for the reader, and robs us of actually seeing a physic ...more
Goodreads Italia: Gruppo di (ri)lettura - HARRY POTTER 1-7 483 423 19 hours, 45 min ago
What Would Your Amortentia Be? 286 1518 Oct 07, 2015 07:04AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling 2 13 Sep 16, 2015 01:45PM
Love the books, but is Hogwarts really such a good school? 23 252 Sep 09, 2015 02:20PM
  • Page (Protector of the Small, #2)
  • The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2)
  • The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones (Alcatraz, #2)
  • Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2)
  • Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2)
  • Mattimeo (Redwall, #3)
  • Gadiantons and the Silver Sword (Tennis Shoes, #2)
  • Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (Edge Chronicles, #3)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • The Lost Years (The Lost Years of Merlin, #1)
  • The Magicians of Caprona (Chrestomanci, #4)
  • Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #5)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)
  • The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle, #1)
  • A Wizard Alone (Young Wizards, #6)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Serpent Gift (The Shamer Chronicles, #3)