Start by marking “Vampire for Hire: Two Novels (Vampire for Hire #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire for Hire: Two Novels (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

Vampire for Hire: Two Novels (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

Amazon’s #1 Bestselling Vampire Series Together in One Omnibus:

MOON DANCE
Vampire for Hire #1

Six years ago federal agent Samantha Moon was the perfect wife and mother, your typical soccer mom with the minivan and suburban home. Then the unthinkable happens, an attack that changes her life forever. And forever is a very long time for a vampire.

Now the world at large thinks S
ebook
Published by Lulu (first published August 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire for Hire

C.D. Gorri
Great series

Samantha Moon is probably my absolute favorite vampire of all time! She is awesome! Rain's writing is gripping, detailed, exciting and everything I want in a serial novel. Highly recommend.
Karla
Sep 21, 2016 Karla rated it it was amazing
Was not a box set when I read, but these were the stories that got me completely hooked on JR Rain !!! Absolutely LOVE this series ! Treat yourself and spend a few bucks for the whole series !...don't forget the Novella's and Short Stories, too ! Always left wanting more of Sam !
Anita Clay
Jul 12, 2012 Anita Clay rated it it was amazing
Moon Dance is the first book in the Vampire for Hire series. It is about Samantha Moon who has taken multitasking to a whole new level. She is a mother of two, a private investigator and after becoming a late night smack for a hungry vampire, a vampire. She has to balance taking care of her kids, which is really hard when you are allergic to sunlight, running a P.I. business from home and dealing with being newly divorced.

When she is hired by Kingsley Falcrum to find out who had attempted to mu
Natalia
Awesome and very entertaining read...I wasn't expecting much because I found it for free on Amazon, but these two books held me and wouldn't let me go until I finished reading.

It was great, Samantha Moon is a hot, kick-ass vampire trying to balance her new undead life with her husband and kids while working as a P.I. There are both sad and funny moments throughout the books, I loved the bitter, kind of sarcastic humor that Sam has as well as the fact that she's slowly learning more about her va
Margie Doto
Jan 05, 2014 Margie Doto rated it really liked it
I have tried to get into toher Vampire books and just couldn't. These I enjoyed. J.R. is an author that seems so far I like all his books that I have read. This type of book really surprised me that I did like it. The only reason I even tried it was because I loved the other books by him.
Christi
Jun 28, 2015 Christi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Go, Sam!

Nice to see Samantha taking back her life and coming a bit more to terms with what she is. I was a bit dismayed to find a cliffhanger at the end. Other than that I loved this book.
D
May 30, 2013 D rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr
Loving the Vampire For Hire series by J.R. Rain. This book contains the first two books in the series and follows Samantha Moon's discovery of some of her talents and the changes taking place in her life and how it affects those around her.
Betsy
Aug 23, 2013 Betsy rated it it was amazing
This author is really good. Makes you want to keep reading. This book is about a housewife who gets bitten by a vampire, but tries to maintain a normal life. She becomes a private investigator, which is a cool job for a vampire. Can't wait to start the next book!
Diane
Feb 02, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it
I read both books a while ago and bought some more in the series then I lost interest.
I think I shall revisit the series this year.
Jesse Deleon
Jul 05, 2016 Jesse Deleon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great introduction box set.

Thank you J. R. Rain for fantastic vampire series. I'm glad to have bought this box set. A new fan.
Evonne Crosswell
Jul 24, 2016 Evonne Crosswell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good!

I am loving this series. So much so that I am actually purchasing the next in line. I have to know who Fang is!
verena reynolds
verena reynolds rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2016
Hard12luv
See the section of my book 1 and book 2 single reads. I did really like the book series.
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
cathey frazor
cathey frazor rated it did not like it
Jun 21, 2016
Stephanie Scott
Stephanie Scott rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Rebecca Barfay Fisher
Rebecca Barfay Fisher rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Lorena
Lorena rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Nook Books and More Blog
Nook Books and More Blog rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Christine  Donovan
Christine Donovan rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2015
Cenay
Cenay rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Crystal Duprey
Crystal Duprey rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Mayra
Mayra rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
True2me Ragone
True2me Ragone rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Vampires vs. Werewolves (Vampire Love Story, #4)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Forbidden Drink (Kindred, #3)
  • Breathless/Deathless 2 Book Set (The Blue Fire Saga, #1-2)
  • Blood Bound
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Blood Hunger (Deathless Night #1)
  • Secret Santa (Secret McQueen #2.5)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
  • Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison, #1)
  • Blood Marriage
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Dark Tomorrows
  • The Other Side
  • The Scottish Hearts Collection (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #1-4)
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think
More about J.R. Rain...

Vampire for Hire (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire, #1)
  • Vampire Moon (Vampire for Hire, #2)
  • American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3)
  • Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4)
  • Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5)
  • Vampire Games (Vampire For Hire, #6)
  • Moon Island (Vampire for Hire, #7)
  • Moon River (Vampire for Hire, #8)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Vampire for Hire #8.5)
  • Vampire Sun (Vampire for Hire, #9)