Start by marking “Deadly Competition” as Want to Read:
Deadly Competition

Deadly Competition (Without A Trace #5)

The single mother hasn't been found. And all her daughter, Sarah, has is her uncle. Clueless at parenting, Clint Herald seeks a loving, responsible nanny. What he finds instead is a stranger as mysterious as his sister's disappearance. Mandy Erick is secretive and seems scared, yet she's so good with Sarah that Clint can't help but trust her. In fact, he even enters Mandy ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Competition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Competition

Michelle
Feb 17, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Without a Trace
Book 5

This story focuses on the brother, Clint Herold, who's sister has been missing since the first book. He is caring for her three year old daughter, Sarah, and trying to figure out what's happened to her. A stranger in town begs him for a nanny job and he allows it, soon learning that he has feelings for her but that she has a lot of secrets. We find that we're suddenly in another suspense story surrounding her ex-boyfriend. That part is pretty good.

At the end, after the boyfr
Christy
Feb 20, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book in the 'Without A Trace Series." Clint has been taking care of his young niece since (Sarah) her mother left and seems to have vanished without a trace.

Mandy, is new in town and needs a fresh start to life. She is able to convince Clint to hire her as a Nanny. Although, Clint senses she is hiding a secret, he cannot help but be drawn to her.

This was a good read, it kept me wanting more. I look forward to reading the 6th part (Her Last Chance) to see what's in store for Sar
Judy
Nov 18, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the 5th book in the Without A Trace series.

Clint has been taking care of his niece, Sarah, since his sister Leah disappeared 4 months ago.

Mandy needs a job so she can move on again before her ex- boyfriend finds her.

Mandy convinces Clint to hire her as Sarah's nanny.

Great read, can't wait to finish the last book in this series to see how it all comes together.
April Suter
Mandy shows up in Loomis trying to escape an abusive relationship. She finds Clint and becomes Sarah's nanny to help out. Clint nominates her for the Mother of the Year contest, of which many serious events have happened.
(my least favorite book in the series, who would let a complete stranger take care of a child? not a very realistic storyline)
206 pages
Lynn Ritter
Feb 21, 2015 Lynn Ritter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating!

This series is intriguing. This book is captivating! At first it reminded me of Safe Haven the movie, but the book takes interesting turns of its own. This story is great and makes me want to read more by the author. I'm starting the next book in the series right away!
Jan
Jun 21, 2011 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good book! Nice to see and town embrace someone that needed them, even if they didn't realize just how much they were needed. the world would be such a better place if all towns were as welcoming.
Cathy Daniel
Aug 28, 2014 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD!! Ends on such a cliff hanger! I'm dying to read #6 in this series but I haven't read the others so I'm going back and starting at #1. Such a good series! I love the Louisiana bayou ambiance. It just fits perfectly!
Keekee Bird
Nov 23, 2010 Keekee Bird rated it it was amazing
This was THE BEST love Inspired Suspence I think I have ever read! A great plot beautifully writen and to be honest I was looking over my shoulder the whole time i was reading I jumped at every little sound, because it was so real... so amazing! If I could give it ten stars I would!
Jtaylorjp06
May 21, 2012 Jtaylorjp06 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 5 Without A Trace
Catherine  Matsubu
Good read

The story in this episode followed in line with the other books. And, although you knew how it would end, the getting there was as well written as the previous 4.
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2017
Bree
Bree rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Jennifer Torres
Jennifer Torres rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Debra G Forkrud
Debra G Forkrud rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Karen Thomas
Karen Thomas rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Mj Islas
Mj Islas rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Lena Dooley
Lena Dooley rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2009
Kylie Brant
Kylie Brant rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2009
June
June rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2010
J. Nunamaker
J. Nunamaker rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

Without A Trace (6 books)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Framed! (Without A Trace #2)
  • Cold Case Murder  (Without A Trace #3)
  • A Cloud of Suspicion (Without A Trace #4)
  • Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)