Start by marking “Deadly Competition” as Want to Read:
Deadly Competition

Deadly Competition (Without A Trace #5)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The single mother hasn't been found. And all her daughter, Sarah, has is her uncle. Clueless at parenting, Clint Herald seeks a loving, responsible nanny. What he finds instead is a stranger as mysterious as his sister's disappearance. Mandy Erick is secretive and seems scared, yet she's so good with Sarah that Clint can't help but trust her. In fact, he even enters Mandy ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Competition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Competition

Cathy Daniel
SO GOOD!! Ends on such a cliff hanger! I'm dying to read #6 in this series but I haven't read the others so I'm going back and starting at #1. Such a good series! I love the Louisiana bayou ambiance. It just fits perfectly!
Christy
This is the 5th book in the 'Without A Trace Series." Clint has been taking care of his young niece since (Sarah) her mother left and seems to have vanished without a trace.

Mandy, is new in town and needs a fresh start to life. She is able to convince Clint to hire her as a Nanny. Although, Clint senses she is hiding a secret, he cannot help but be drawn to her.

This was a good read, it kept me wanting more. I look forward to reading the 6th part (Her Last Chance) to see what's in store for Sar
April Suter
Mandy shows up in Loomis trying to escape an abusive relationship. She finds Clint and becomes Sarah's nanny to help out. Clint nominates her for the Mother of the Year contest, of which many serious events have happened.
(my least favorite book in the series, who would let a complete stranger take care of a child? not a very realistic storyline)
206 pages
Judy
the 5th book in the Without A Trace series.

Clint has been taking care of his niece, Sarah, since his sister Leah disappeared 4 months ago.

Mandy needs a job so she can move on again before her ex- boyfriend finds her.

Mandy convinces Clint to hire her as Sarah's nanny.

Great read, can't wait to finish the last book in this series to see how it all comes together.
Keekee Bird
This was THE BEST love Inspired Suspence I think I have ever read! A great plot beautifully writen and to be honest I was looking over my shoulder the whole time i was reading I jumped at every little sound, because it was so real... so amazing! If I could give it ten stars I would!
Jan
I thought this was a good book! Nice to see and town embrace someone that needed them, even if they didn't realize just how much they were needed. the world would be such a better place if all towns were as welcoming.
Jtaylorjp06
Book 5 Without A Trace
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Shanise Warren
Shanise Warren marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Amanda Applegate
Amanda Applegate marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Crystal Reyes
Crystal Reyes marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Cindy Bauer
Cindy Bauer marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Without A Trace (6 books)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Framed! (Without A Trace #2)
  • Cold Case Murder  (Without A Trace #3)
  • A Cloud of Suspicion (Without A Trace #4)
  • Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)
Duty to Protect (Big Sky Secrets, #5) Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4) The Loner's Thanksgiving Wish (Rocky Mountain Heirs #5) End Game (Big Sky Secrets, #3) Hard Evidence (Snow Canyon Ranch Trilogy #1)