Start by marking “Where The Truth Lies” as Want to Read:
Where The Truth Lies

Where The Truth Lies

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  151 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Claire's husband has been keeping secrets. About the whereabouts of the witness to the murder trial he's prosecuting. And about the letters he's been getting, threatening to kill their three-year old, unless he tells the blackmailer where the witness is hiding.
Published September 1st 2010 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Where The Truth Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where The Truth Lies

Rachel
May 04, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars.
Where the Truth Lies is the third book that I've read by Julie Corbin and my favourite and the best so far!
I was hooked from the very first page, Julie Corbins writing drew me in and didn't let me go again until I was finished. Where the Truth Lies was fast paced and full of suspense. A tale of family or justice and a mothers fight to protect the ones she loves.
Jean
Feb 01, 2013 Jean rated it did not like it
Shelves: crap
The truth lies in the fact that this book is rubbish. The main character in this tedious book is Claire - she of the perfect household - lovely house , happy marriage and mother to the exquisitely beautiful 4 year old Bea. She is surrounded by perfect, loving friends and nobody can ask for a better or more supportive family. Is Julie C=orbin for real? But Claire's husband is acting strangely and this prompts her to read his emails because that's what wives do. There she discovers that he is secr ...more
Mar 30, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Claire's husband has fought for 15 years to get a Bulgarian crimelord convicted and now he's keeping secrets ... threats to their family if he won't give up the name & location of the prosecutions star witness. Information that Claire only discovers in the nick of time, how far will one family go to protect their loved ones?
Natalie
Mar 02, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
I liked it because it was unputdownable and the suspense was real. It made me forget about any other things I was meant to be doing. I didn't find Claire annoying, I may have done exactly the same as she did. However I did guess who the blackmailer was and I did find it annoying that Claire was always right... the end is a bit too "nice" for my likings, I don't like to be spoonfed, but it all depends what you want out of a book. At some other time, maybe I'd have liked it less, but when I read i ...more
Adina Joseph
Nov 11, 2015 Adina Joseph rated it it was amazing
Moving and intriguing. Once you put this book down, you'll want more.
Nicole Carey
Apr 24, 2015 Nicole Carey rated it really liked it
Wow I didnt see that one coming. Will definitely be looking for more by this author
Inês  Louro
May 29, 2015 Inês Louro rated it liked it
This book grabbed me from its very first page. Didn't see this unexpected unrealistically ending, though.
Feb 10, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
What a GREAT book,

Anne
Jan 20, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enthused about Tell Me No Secrets, and this one was every bit as good - "unputdownable" is much overused, but it's true. A "who is it" rather than a "whodunnit", it's an incredibly nervy and gripping story, set against a domestic family background and shaking it to the roots. I didn't guess the outcome, but I didn't try - I just wanted to be swept along. Excellent stuff.
Mar 23, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Very good for her first, sligjtly repetetive with the wording "throw out my arms" "hankered down" mentioned quite a few sentences alot! Never the less enjoyed the storyline, and looking forward to her next novel :)
Dids
Jan 15, 2012 Dids rated it liked it
Liked it for what it is: a good, well-written, exciting thriller, with a gripping tension.
Nikki
Jul 16, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Fantastic book, very believeable and love the twist.
Highly reccommend.
Debbie Foster
Apr 28, 2013 Debbie Foster rated it really liked it
A real page turner with an unexpected twist.. Couldn't put this one down!
Jill
Feb 06, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing
I only put it down when I needed to urinate or eat. Had no sleep!
Abi Nixon
Abi Nixon rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Kaitlyn Barrett
Kaitlyn Barrett marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Victoria Davies
Victoria Davies marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Ayaunna
Ayaunna marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Suzie Rea
Suzie Rea rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Maryaami_
Maryaami_ rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Lesley Alcock
Lesley Alcock marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Peggy Hoover
Peggy Hoover marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Johanne Edgington
Johanne Edgington rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Ashley Murray
Ashley Murray marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
fred parker
fred parker rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Natalie Smith
Natalie Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • This Perfect World
  • Wink Murder
  • Cuckoo
  • The First Wife
  • Unspoken
  • Fragile Minds
  • Broken Silence (Inspector Jack Brady, #1)
  • Foreign Affairs
  • The Summer House
  • Dead to Me (Scott & Bailey, #1)
  • Burial
  • The Killing Room (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #6)
  • The Twilight Time
  • The Child Who
  • The Cinderella Killer (Charles Paris, #19)
  • Hit Girls
  • Gone (DI Michael Gardner, #2)
  • No Escape
2902014
Julie Corbin was born and brought up in Scotland. She studied at Edinburgh University and worked for over twenty years as a nurse in various specialities including neurosurgery and school nursing. She began writing seriously when her three sons were teenagers. She lives in Sussex, England.
More about Julie Corbin...