Start by marking “Queen Pin” as Want to Read:
Queen Pin

Queen Pin

Jemeker Thompson-Hairston paid a heavy price for her involvement in the drug game. Learning from her sources of a federal investigation, Jemeker went on the run. It was love for her young son that brought her back to Los Angeles, even though she knew she would be arrested. A subsequent 15-year sentence would cost her not only her legitimate business and the fortune she'd a ...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Grand Central Publishing (first published June 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Queen Pin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Pin

Julie Smith (Knitting and Sundries)
This review was first posted on my blog: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/0...

My Take: It's always been interesting to me to see how people choose to live their lives and to figure out what makes people take a certain path.

This book attempts to describe the life of someone who finds herself drawn into the world of drugs and money. NOT because she had no other choice, but because she was vain and money-hungry, really.

I felt no sympathy at all for her - she chose to live a certain life, and eve
Shani Greene-Dowdell
Queen Pin, A Memoir is an easy to read, true story that takes the reader through the rough beginning for Jemeker Thompson-Hairston as a little girl to the height of her drug-ring career as the "Queen Pin." She ran a drug ring that stretched through several different states that catapulted her to near stardom in the hood. In doing so, Jemeker Thompson-Hairston has been through and seen it all in her days of crime and living on top of the world, until she meets the ultimate betrayal in a man that ...more
OOSA
Step-by-Step

At the tender age of eight, Jemeker experiences what it’s like to be homeless, helpless and the fear of the unknown. Unable to deal with her family’s instability, she is shipped off to Mississippi, where she learns a thing or two about family, loyalty and security. When country living becomes too small for her, Jemeker finds her way back west to California, where she’s older and ready to take on life.

When Daff, a humble hustler, crosses her path, he introduces her to a more lucrativ
Nascha
Queen Pin should be a movie! I give this short little tome 5 stars because Jemeker Thompson-Hairston told the story of her life as a gangster and now a reformed minister. Engrossing from beginning to end, Ms. Thompson-Hairston really shares what life is like behind the scenes during the now famous 1980s crack/cocaine era. She was one of the best to ever do it and had it all but lost so much during her reign---her husband, Daff, and later her freedom when she served 12 years in prison.

Jemeker Tho
From My Blog...[return][return]Queen Pin by Jemeker Thompson-Hairston is the true story of Jemeker “Queen Pin” Thompson-Hairston’s life. Queen Pin is not the average memoir but rather a story of how Jemeker went from a homeless child to running one of the largest drug cartels in the 80s and 90s. The narrative begins with Jemeker trying to evade capture by the Feds; yet desperate to see her son’s 6th grade graduation, she ends up being captured. Jemeker then takes the reader back to her childhood ...more
Josh Smith
This felt like more of an overview than anything. It briefly touched on everything which was annoying. I picked it up because the idea of a female being successful in a typically male space sounded interesting but for the most part all she talked about was the guys she dated.

I guess that's what I get for coming in with expectations. I thought this would be an in-depth memoir where she talked about kicking a guy off a bridge for stealing from her or a shootout while going to pickup product. I ma
Victoria
Jemeker tells about her life and how she got involved with drug dealing, starting with weed and running a top cocaine business. Through all of her gain of material possessions, she also lost a lot. However, she tells how her life got turned around through giving her life to Jesus Christ. This famous notorious drug dealer is now helping many change their lives instead of helping them ruin their lives. It was good. I read it in about 2 and a half hours.
Kerry
May 18, 2011 Kerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book. Really easy read. Read it in two days. Interesting but really felt like just a list of what happened in this womans life. By the time she got arrested, I was not even sure what she was doing that was bad since she told her story so far removed from what was actually going on.
Freda Mans-Labianca
A great memoir, though not everyone will be able to handle the content. It's a very graphic and violent look into the world of drug dealing.
Though Jemeker finds God, it seems to be after she got caught. I have to wonder how long it will last now she is back in society. Praise the Lord if she stays with her faith, and heaven help her if she falls back into the game.
Cicely
Sep 03, 2010 Cicely rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read. It did not drag. The author knew what she wanted to say & kept it moving.
Debby
Jan 14, 2013 Debby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book about God's redemption from a woman who was a major drug dealer. Awesome story!
Angelique
I liked it. It read like she was sitting across from me having a conversation.
Annie Otis
Dec 08, 2015 Annie Otis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True story. I really enjoyed this book; like the fact that she stayed true to herself, didn't tell on people, just did her time and then turned her life around.
JoAlice
Aug 03, 2016 JoAlice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Checked out this book yesterday. Finished it in less than 12 hours. Worth the read. Loved it.
Carol
Sep 28, 2012 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, it was interesting..
Veronica Robbins
God is awesome

I enjoyed the book, from the first page till the last. Going to jail saved her life. And in return she's touching so many life's. All for God's glory.
Lakeya Luddington
Lakeya Luddington rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Clara
Clara rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2017
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Alana
Alana rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Olympia Freeman
Olympia Freeman rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2012
Juliet
Juliet rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2011
Donnell H.
Donnell H. rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Lauren Patterson
Lauren Patterson rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2010
Nicole Duncan
Nicole Duncan rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2013
Maria Gabriela
Maria Gabriela rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Abdul Salam
Abdul Salam rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Birdman: The Many Faces of Robert Stroud
  • Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun?: How Reginald Lewis Created a Billion-Dollar Business Empire
  • You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other)
  • I Have Life: Raped, Stabbed & Left for Dead
  • Warrior Poet: A Biography of Audre Lorde
  • Not Lost Forever: My Story of Survival
  • Life and Adventures of Calamity Jane
  • Held Hostage: A Serial Bank Robber's Road to Redemption
  • Babushka's Beauty Secrets: Old World Tips for a Glamorous New You
  • On the rock : twenty-five years in Alcatraz : the prison story of Alvin Karpis as told to Robert Livesey
  • Unlocked: A Journey from Prison to Proust
  • A Death in Texas: A Story of Race, Murder and a Small Town's Struggle for Redemption
  • Strange Bodies
  • Breakup: The End of a Love Story
  • Flying Close to the Sun: My Life and Times as a Weatherman
  • Hard Times: Force of Circumstance, Volume II: 1952-1962 (The Autobiography of Simone de Beauvoir)
  • Alcatraz
  • Dream Lovers: The Magnificent Shattered Lives of Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee - by Their Son Dodd Darin