Start by marking “Via dal nido” as Want to Read:
Via dal nido

Via dal nido

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,419 ratings  ·  43 reviews
From the "New York Times" bestselling author of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" comes a light-hearted, inspirational account of an encounter with a modern-day messiah. In "Illusions", Bach takes to the air to discover the ageless truths that make our souls fly, showing that people don't need airplanes to soar, and that messiahs can be found everywhere. 144 pp. 50,000 print.
Published February 5th 1999 by SuperBur (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Via dal nido, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Via dal nido

Tara
Favorite Quotes

If our body is a perfect expression of our thought about body, and if our thought about body is that it’s condition has everything to do with inner image and nothing to do with time, then we don’t have to be impatient for being too young or frightened of being too old.

Never had I understood that I command, with absolute authority, the ship of my life! I decide its mission and rules and discipline, at my word waits every tool and sail, every cannon, the strength of every soul on bo
Velvetink
In this warm adventure of the mind and soul, Richard Bach approaches eternal questions, such as Who are we? What do we want to get out of our lives? What are we doing to achieve this? Do we have to be victims, rather than masters, of circumstance? How do we learn to love? Running from Safety: An Adventure of the Spirit is a diary that combines childhood memories and reflections about how to search for meaning in life. It is based on talking with your inner child. Lost me at the 3/4 mark...
Airiz C
This is the second Richard Bach book that I've read after Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Thought-provoking, poignant, and honest, this novel tackles spiritual issues about the inner child in us that continues to live no matter how old we may be, or no matter how much we want to just forget him and treat him like a remnant of the past. It's a pretty deep read, and sometimes it sends me thinking about certain situations in life where a child version of myself could remedy the problems that a grown u ...more
Arwen56
Tentativo fallito di bissare il successo de "Il gabbiano Jonathan Livingstone".
Navid
Diki...he can show you the way of truth...just find him...search on yourself.
Eleclyah

A cinquant'anni, Richard Bach incontra un angelo che lo mette sulla strada dei ricordi di quando era bimbo, ricordi che lui ha rinchiuso in fondo a sé stesso, soprattutto dopo la morte del fratello.
Richard cerca di recuperarli, entrando così in contatto con Dickie, il lui stesso di nove anni.
Dopo un inizio brusco, entrambi avranno qualcosa da insegnare all'altro. Richard insegnerà al bimbo ciò che ha imparato sulla vita, e Dickie insegnerà all'adulto a ricordare.

Un romanzo molto carino, non tant

Saritha
I know enough people who would roll their eyes at the mere mention of Richard Bach. I would have too, if this book didn't have such an interesting theme at its core.

In this book, Richard goes back in time (metaphorically or literally, is entirely up to you) to free his younger self from the lockdown he put him into years ago. In some ways, this revisits perhaps the moment when his childhood ended.

I loved that entire section where he describes the POV of a newborn baby and how the world cripples
Vince Brown
It was tolerable, but not the best thing Richard Bach has written. I would definitely recommend "Illusions" still, to anyone seeking a great philosophical journey in fictional form. Running From Safety was just a reiteration of many of the same principles, with a less grabbing storyline. It probably wasn't all that bad, but I think Richard Bach has an amazing outlook on Life. It's just that once you have read it in one book, they all kind of repeat the same general messages.
Kaethe
In my twenties I was quite enamored of Bach's works, pleased with the adventurous nature and spiritual inquiry. Now it's just tired. Not that I blame anyone for trying to rationalize their selfish behavior, but still, blathering on about it does get tiresome.
Brio Jaxen
Good to see the inner child from the outside.
Moikoiblack
Too much philosophy. I had to force myself to finish it.
Rebeca illescas
Interesting and a teaching tool to understand ourselves better.
That All May Heal All
Okay, it's a great premise for a story. You like the characters, you can identify probably with more than one of them (for good reason). But the best part is that you are not the same "you" when you are finished reading. Through the time-honored tradition of story-telling, Richard Bach helps you grow and remember - and then grow some more. It's the single-most therapeutic book I have ever read.

And it's a good story. A really, really good story.

What more could you want?
Erika Sajdak
I have been a fan of Richard Bach's thoughts since reading Bridge Across Forever in High School, but I think I may have moved past him at this point. Instead of being fascinated by the philosophy, I was comparing it to Plato- as well as to Rebecca Goldstein's work. The story has great resonance for those in mid-life crisis and I would like to beleive that the reason it didn't touch me is because I haven't reached that point in life, yet.
Sadie
There have been several Bach books that really moved me, left me feeling full of ambition and creativity. This wasn't one I them and I cant decide if it's because it's just more of the same or if I've outgrown him. The dialogue with his child self is (understandably) childlike, but grating as well. I don't ever want to walk away from a book feeling agitated and unfortunately, here, I did.
Erin
Richard Bach is an interesting man. It seems he felt the need to address some of his personal shortcomings in this book, address the question of whether or not they are, in fact, shortcomings, and in general assert that he is still very happy to be the founder of his own belief system and quite sure that he may never know anything.

Yup. That's Dicky Bach.
Abhishek
Richard Bach has a very unique writing style. It requires an audience if its own. This book is so simple in its approach and yet so complex in terms of the subjects and topics it touches upon. Multiple layers of meaning and suggestions that can be as easily missed as the ease with which they could change ones life.
Kanchan Ojha
Reading "Running from Safety" was a pleasant experience. From the beginning to the end the book, just binds you. The questions and answers going on within Richard and Dickie makes you feel you really are living the pieces of those lives.

Richard Bach always amazes with his write, it's a masterpiece !
Deborah
Even though I am a big fan of Jonathan Livingston, I did not like this book at all. Knowing Bach divorced a few years after writing this book, I found all the references to 'soul mates' disturbing. The basic ideas were already covered in Illusions. I can see why Bach stopped writing books.
Britney
It is one that you have to be ready to be all philosophical for and you will put it down because your brain is fried and then will pick it up just to finish it. Can be a great discussion book....that is why you would finish it....to talk about it with someone else who has read it....
Lori
There's a great line in this book about knowing that sometimes you just need to run, jump off the cliff, and know that your hanglider is going to catch you, especially when you are feeling the most comfortable and NOT wanting to jump. That has stayed with me since reading it.
Colleen
Author made a promise 50 years ago to come back through time and teach himself everything he had learned from living. Who are we? What do we want to do with our lives and why aren't we doing it? Bach also wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
Nonie
This is the 2nd Richard Bach book I've tried to read & sadly he & I just don't connect. I've nothing against folks searching for meaning in life but could not follow this fellow's ramblings and only made it about half way.
Arnoux
Jul 21, 2008 Arnoux is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Richard Bach is one of my all time favorite authors. I've read "Illusions", "The Bridge Across Forever" (GREAT LOVE STORY!!) and the infamous "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". I'm excited for this new one!
Catherine Yegorova
This is one of the books which makes me think about how I do live and how I can change my life to the best. It awakens the mind. It helps to start thinking in an unusual way.
There were some parts of the book where I thought "this is so boring!" Then I would read a passage and it spoke to me and fit what I was going through at that very moment.
Kim Sasso
See my review for Bridge Across Forever.
Jackie
"Real marriage isn't people dashing across a bridge in rice and ribbons. It's discovering after a lifetime that they've built the bridge together."
Kate
One of the most influential books while I was in my 20's. I've re-read it since and still found things to pull from it that I learned from.
Zari
يك كلمه، يك كلمه را به خاطر بسپار و ديگر مشكلی نخواهی داشت.
كلمه "متفاوت" را به ياد داشته باش.
تو با هر كس ديگر در دنيا فرق داری...!
  • The Land of Narnia
  • Fire from Within
  • No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior's Guide to Daily Life
  • The Eye of the Prophet
  • From Beginning to End
  • I meravigliosi animali di Stranalandia
  • Yoga, Youth, and Reincarnation
  • PrairyErth (A Deep Map)
  • Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul: How to Create a New You
  • The Light Beyond: The extraordinary sequel to the classic Life After Life
  • Transforming the Mind: Teachings on Generating Compassion
  • La fine è il mio inizio
  • Creative Visualization Meditations
  • Srećan je ko ume da voli
  • Mission: Success!
  • Uto
  • Krishnamurtis Notebook
  • Les Filles du feu - Les Chimères
Richard David Bach is widely known as the author of the hugely popular 1970s best-sellers Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions, The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah and others. His books espouse his philosophy that our apparent physical limits and mortality are merely appearance. He claims to be a direct descendant of Johann Sebastian Bach. He is noted for his love of flying and for his books r ...more
More about Richard Bach...
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah One The Bridge Across Forever: A True Love Story There's No Such Place as Far Away

“It must happen to us all…We pack up what we’ve learned so far and leave the familiar behind. No fun, that shearing separation, but somewhere within, we must dimly know that saying goodbye to safety brings the only security we’ll ever know.” 122 likes
“Choose a love and work to make it true, and somehow, something will happen, something you couldn’t plan, will come along to move like to like, to set you loose, to set you on the way to your next brick wall.” 46 likes