Start by marking “Via dal nido” as Want to Read:
Via dal nido

Via dal nido

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,746 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
From the "New York Times" bestselling author of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" comes a light-hearted, inspirational account of an encounter with a modern-day messiah. In "Illusions", Bach takes to the air to discover the ageless truths that make our souls fly, showing that people don't need airplanes to soar, and that messiahs can be found everywhere. 144 pp. 50,000 print.
Published February 5th 1999 by SuperBur (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Via dal nido, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Via dal nido

Tara
Mar 28, 2007 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes

If our body is a perfect expression of our thought about body, and if our thought about body is that it’s condition has everything to do with inner image and nothing to do with time, then we don’t have to be impatient for being too young or frightened of being too old.

Never had I understood that I command, with absolute authority, the ship of my life! I decide its mission and rules and discipline, at my word waits every tool and sail, every cannon, the strength of every soul on bo
Velvetink
donated to The Smith Family. 20.2.15
In this warm adventure of the mind and soul, Richard Bach approaches eternal questions, such as Who are we? What do we want to get out of our lives? What are we doing to achieve this? Do we have to be victims, rather than masters, of circumstance? How do we learn to love? Running from Safety: An Adventure of the Spirit is a diary that combines childhood memories and reflections about how to search for meaning in life. It is based on talking with your inner chi
Airiz C
Jun 13, 2011 Airiz C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
This is the second Richard Bach book that I've read after Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Thought-provoking, poignant, and honest, this novel tackles spiritual issues about the inner child in us that continues to live no matter how old we may be, or no matter how much we want to just forget him and treat him like a remnant of the past. It's a pretty deep read, and sometimes it sends me thinking about certain situations in life where a child version of myself could remedy the problems that a grown u ...more
Silvija Saule
Apr 21, 2015 Silvija Saule rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Iš naujo prisiminiau, ką reiškia pasiimti knygą ir tris dienas jos nepaleist iš rankų, kol nepabaigi. Bacho mintys tokios artimos, tokios negirdėtos, o lyg iš kažkur žinomos. Jo knygos visad užburia, ne išimtis ir šita.
Isabel María
Mar 26, 2016 Isabel María rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es uno de los libros más lindos que he leído, ya que es muy simple pero a la vez demasiado maravilloso. Tiene un final que me dejó realmente feliz y sin duda con unas grandes alas para vivir.
A. Gulden
Jan 24, 2016 A. Gulden rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a terrible translation. I couldn't finish the book because of it. The funny thing about it is that I know the person who translated it. Should I tell her?
Navid
Diki...he can show you the way of truth...just find him...search on yourself.
Arwen56
Jul 10, 2012 Arwen56 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tentativo fallito di bissare il successo de "Il gabbiano Jonathan Livingstone".
Lendoxia
Finishing this book on a plane is somehow really appropriate, I didn't like all of it but I liked the concept and some of the quotes.
Ashok Krishna
Two types of authors always become very successful – one, those who speak about the simple concepts of day-to-day life in an esoteric way, and two, those who speak about esoteric concepts that we normal people don’t always feel or understand but nevertheless are so fascinated about, in a simple way. Richard Bach belongs to the second category of authors with inimitable style. Parallel universes, quantum theories, soulmates and more such concepts, which the mind of a layperson might find intimida ...more
Veslava Sidaravičienė
Knyga apie seniai žinomus dalykus. Autoriaus pozicija nepatiko, knyga tiesiog dvelkia arogancija. Kai kurie pokalbiai su vidiniu "aš" gana neįtikinantys.
Amber
Review posted on my blog www.thewriterslibrary.blogspot.com

"Life is."

Sometimes in the rush of life, we forget the maxim written above. Life is not a mystery, life is not about waking up and getting through the day. On its own, life simply is, but we in the process of rushing through the days and nights lose the idea of Life is. I know because I am guilty of that. This book raises questions that I am sure I will puzzle over for a long time and I still have questions of my own to ask of Life and
Eleclyah

A cinquant'anni, Richard Bach incontra un angelo che lo mette sulla strada dei ricordi di quando era bimbo, ricordi che lui ha rinchiuso in fondo a sé stesso, soprattutto dopo la morte del fratello.
Richard cerca di recuperarli, entrando così in contatto con Dickie, il lui stesso di nove anni.
Dopo un inizio brusco, entrambi avranno qualcosa da insegnare all'altro. Richard insegnerà al bimbo ciò che ha imparato sulla vita, e Dickie insegnerà all'adulto a ricordare.

Un romanzo molto carino, non tant

Silvia Polini
Richard Bach incontra una persona speciale che gli ricorda di aver promesso al suo se stesso bambino di scrivergli un libro con tutte le sfide e gli errori che ha dovuto affrontare nella vita, per permettergli di viverne una alternativa, più ricca e semplice.
Ritrovare il bambino che era a nove anni non è semplice e apre voragini di ricordi e ampie ferite che l'autore non ricordava neppure di avere: più passano tempo insieme, più il "rapporto" tra i due diventa profondo e, mentre il cinquantenne
Saritha
I know enough people who would roll their eyes at the mere mention of Richard Bach. I would have too, if this book didn't have such an interesting theme at its core.

In this book, Richard goes back in time (metaphorically or literally, is entirely up to you) to free his younger self from the lockdown he put him into years ago. In some ways, this revisits perhaps the moment when his childhood ended.

I loved that entire section where he describes the POV of a newborn baby and how the world cripples
Martin
Mar 21, 2015 Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 1994 book tells a story of Richard/author who is trying to connect with his inner child-self. This child-self (young Richard) has a lot of questions about life and adult Richard patiently explains many valuable life lessons that he learned during his lifetime. This book nicely clarifies many concepts mentioned by the author in his other books, e.g. measuring life by what we learned instead of years; following your dreams and purpose of life as opposed to what everyone does/says/expects and ...more
Dr.J.G.
Feb 05, 2016 Dr.J.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the problem amongst many that women in US have faced from men, is the lack and in fact not only inability but even bordering phobia regarding commitment, and since the ambient culture not only permits it but rewards men in the phobia mode and penalises women irrespective of most other qualities and achievements other than a powerful wealthy male attached by a ring, there is hardly any reason for things to change for better.

Bach tells the phenomena in the title - when one runs from love,
Erika Sajdak
I have been a fan of Richard Bach's thoughts since reading Bridge Across Forever in High School, but I think I may have moved past him at this point. Instead of being fascinated by the philosophy, I was comparing it to Plato- as well as to Rebecca Goldstein's work. The story has great resonance for those in mid-life crisis and I would like to beleive that the reason it didn't touch me is because I haven't reached that point in life, yet.
*Jurgita
May 08, 2016 *Jurgita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Metų metais mes laukiame ko nors, kas mus suprastų, kas priimtų mus tokius, kokie esame, kas turėtų stebuklingą galią akmenis paversti saulės šviesa, kas užuot priekaištavęs suteiktų mums laimės, kas vidurnaktį stotų akis į akį su mūsų drakonais, kas galėtų mums padėti tapti tokiais, kokiais patys norime. Tik vakar aš radau tokį žmogų. Jo veidas matyti tuomet, kai pažvelgiame į veidrodį. Tai mes patys. Mes ir mūsų namuose pasidarytos kaukės"
That All May Heal All
Okay, it's a great premise for a story. You like the characters, you can identify probably with more than one of them (for good reason). But the best part is that you are not the same "you" when you are finished reading. Through the time-honored tradition of story-telling, Richard Bach helps you grow and remember - and then grow some more. It's the single-most therapeutic book I have ever read.

And it's a good story. A really, really good story.

What more could you want?
Vince Brown
It was tolerable, but not the best thing Richard Bach has written. I would definitely recommend "Illusions" still, to anyone seeking a great philosophical journey in fictional form. Running From Safety was just a reiteration of many of the same principles, with a less grabbing storyline. It probably wasn't all that bad, but I think Richard Bach has an amazing outlook on Life. It's just that once you have read it in one book, they all kind of repeat the same general messages.
Erin
Oct 30, 2008 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Richard Bach is an interesting man. It seems he felt the need to address some of his personal shortcomings in this book, address the question of whether or not they are, in fact, shortcomings, and in general assert that he is still very happy to be the founder of his own belief system and quite sure that he may never know anything.

Yup. That's Dicky Bach.
Kanchan Ojha
Jun 06, 2013 Kanchan Ojha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading "Running from Safety" was a pleasant experience. From the beginning to the end the book, just binds you. The questions and answers going on within Richard and Dickie makes you feel you really are living the pieces of those lives.

Richard Bach always amazes with his write, it's a masterpiece !
Abhishek
Jun 16, 2013 Abhishek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Richard Bach has a very unique writing style. It requires an audience if its own. This book is so simple in its approach and yet so complex in terms of the subjects and topics it touches upon. Multiple layers of meaning and suggestions that can be as easily missed as the ease with which they could change ones life.
Sadie
Aug 03, 2012 Sadie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There have been several Bach books that really moved me, left me feeling full of ambition and creativity. This wasn't one I them and I cant decide if it's because it's just more of the same or if I've outgrown him. The dialogue with his child self is (understandably) childlike, but grating as well. I don't ever want to walk away from a book feeling agitated and unfortunately, here, I did.
Britney
It is one that you have to be ready to be all philosophical for and you will put it down because your brain is fried and then will pick it up just to finish it. Can be a great discussion book....that is why you would finish it....to talk about it with someone else who has read it....
Arnoux
Jul 21, 2008 Arnoux is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Richard Bach is one of my all time favorite authors. I've read "Illusions", "The Bridge Across Forever" (GREAT LOVE STORY!!) and the infamous "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". I'm excited for this new one!
Nonie
Mar 06, 2009 Nonie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd Richard Bach book I've tried to read & sadly he & I just don't connect. I've nothing against folks searching for meaning in life but could not follow this fellow's ramblings and only made it about half way.
Lori
Apr 16, 2008 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's a great line in this book about knowing that sometimes you just need to run, jump off the cliff, and know that your hanglider is going to catch you, especially when you are feeling the most comfortable and NOT wanting to jump. That has stayed with me since reading it.
Colleen
Author made a promise 50 years ago to come back through time and teach himself everything he had learned from living. Who are we? What do we want to do with our lives and why aren't we doing it? Bach also wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
  • Autobiographie d'une Courgette
  • Coming Back
  • The Land of Narnia
  • Fire from Within
  • The Eye of the Prophet
  • I meravigliosi animali di Stranalandia
  • The Art of Joyful Living
  • The Llewellyn Practical Guide to Astral Projection: The Out-of -Body Experience
  • Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart's Desire
  • PrairyErth (A Deep Map)
  • Uto
  • Thoughts for the Free Life: Lao Tsu to the Present
  • Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation
  • From Beginning to End
  • Take Me to Truth: Undoing the Ego
  • Yoga, Youth, and Reincarnation
  • Who Are You?: 101 Ways of Seeing Yourself
  • Krishnamurtis Notebook

Since Jonathan Livingston Seagull - which dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years - Richard Bach has touched millions of people through his humor, wisdom and insight.

With over 60 million copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorm
More about Richard Bach...

“It must happen to us all…We pack up what we’ve learned so far and leave the familiar behind. No fun, that shearing separation, but somewhere within, we must dimly know that saying goodbye to safety brings the only security we’ll ever know.” 133 likes
“Choose a love and work to make it true, and somehow, something will happen, something you couldn’t plan, will come along to move like to like, to set you loose, to set you on the way to your next brick wall.” 51 likes