Start by marking “Clerks: The Comic Books” as Want to Read:
Clerks: The Comic Books

Clerks: The Comic Books

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  11 reviews
First it was a hit movie. Now it's a much-demanded trade paperback. Get the whole Clerks story in this essential new book of laughs and profane liberties. Three all-new adventures of Dante, Randal, Jay & Silent Bob, and all the customers of the Quick Stop Mini Mart that first appeared in Clerks. These brand new tales follow the exploits of America's favorite slacker ic ...more
Published July 11th 2006 by Graphitti Designs (first published February 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Clerks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clerks

Guys arguing endlessly about mundane subjects CAN be films. Think the diner scene from "Reservoir Dogs" or even the movie this book is based on.

Guys arguing endlessly about the value of Star Wars comic book form? Eh, not so funny.

Though I have GOT to get my hands on a "Tickle-Me Ackbar".
All new story with our favorite Clerks from the first movie -- black and white, just like that same movie.

Our Clerks get sucking into the Stars Wars figurine world -- there are the over the counter toys, um, "action figures", and then there are the back room deals where the very special, very rare dolls, "action figures", are acquired.

There is plenty of sarcasm, customer degradation, and derision handed out for everyone.

The art is heavily stylized, very appropriate for the title. Two artists are
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Siguiendo los acontecimientos de la película, "Clerks: The Comic Books" retoma el humor directo y las referencias a la cultura Pop sin ir más lejos y evitando una profundidad innecesaria para el título. Algo extraña para quienes desconozcan el universo de Kevin Smith, será muy disfrutada por los fans de siempre.
Doug Schultz
Fun read. Kind of weird ready such a wordy comic.
I'm not even supposed to be here today.
Aug 13, 2014 Ursa added it
Pretty awesome.
Printable Tire
Took a little stroll down 90's slacker/dork/fanboy/juvenile hell today. Pretty bland, comfortably crappy stuff; shitty art. Laughed once or twice. All the characters are lazy, stupid jerks who lack even the psuedo-intellectualism of Kevin Smith's lesser, poop-joke inspired works (I write straight-faced as I stare at the cover of Jason Mewes mooning me).
I read these on the plane and totally offended the lady next to me.

I was especially excited about the "lost" funeral scene.
Kevin Smith is at his best when he's writing comics.
Much better than I expected. Ridiculous and very funny.
I love Kevin Smith
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Ted Shepherd
Ted Shepherd marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Mikaela marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Stephen Smith
Stephen Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Lizzy Rus
Lizzy Rus marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
  • Supreme Power, Vol. 2: Powers and Principalities
  • The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Volume 6
  • Spike vs. Dracula
  • Watchmen: The Official Film Companion (Hardcover Edition)
  • Showcase Presents: Batgirl
  • Planetary/JLA: Terra Occulta
  • Fractured Fables
  • Earth X
Kevin Patrick Smith is an American screenwriter, director, as well as a comic book writer, author, and actor. He is also the co-founder, with Scott Mosier, of View Askew Productions and owner of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash comic and novelty store in Red Bank, New Jersey. He also hosts a weekly podcast with Scott Mosier known as SModcast. He is also known for participating in long, humorous Q ...more
More about Kevin Smith...