Start by marking “Clerks: The Comic Books” as Want to Read:
Clerks: The Comic Books

Clerks: The Comic Books

Published July 24th 2006 by Image Comics (first published February 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Clerks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clerks

Melki
Jun 23, 2012 Melki rated it it was ok
Guys arguing endlessly about mundane subjects CAN be funny...in films. Think the diner scene from "Reservoir Dogs" or even the movie this book is based on.

Guys arguing endlessly about the value of Star Wars collectibles...in comic book form? Eh, not so funny.

Though I have GOT to get my hands on a "Tickle-Me Ackbar".
Meran
Jan 30, 2015 Meran rated it really liked it
All new story with our favorite Clerks from the first movie -- black and white, just like that same movie.

Our Clerks get sucking into the Stars Wars figurine world -- there are the over the counter toys, um, "action figures", and then there are the back room deals where the very special, very rare dolls, "action figures", are acquired.

There is plenty of sarcasm, customer degradation, and derision handed out for everyone.

The art is heavily stylized, very appropriate for the title. Two artists are
Jon Hewelt
Jan 31, 2017 Jon Hewelt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are two things in particular I like about the Clerks franchise:

1. Its authors make no pretense about its level of filth. Clerks is a scuzzy, scuzzy world with scummy, scummy people. And as the property's become more popular, Smith and his crew has maintained that level of scuzziness, instead of toning things down to appeal to a broader audience.

There are some sick, sick moments in this book: a lot of it misogynistic. And I can't say I "enjoyed" those moments in the conventional sense, but
Jemiah Jefferson
Dec 28, 2016 Jemiah Jefferson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Finally managed to plow through this slim trade by treating it as my "bathroom book" for a couple of weeks. Yes, it required multiple bowel movements. I think Kevin Smith would appreciate that. Awesome art from Jim Mahfood for most of it, and then even better art from Ande Parks and ... oh, I forgot who penciled it? Not like it matters. This is a real niche appeal read, and I'm in that niche. Snootchie bootchies!
Printable Tire
Took a little stroll down 90's slacker/dork/fanboy/juvenile hell today. Pretty bland, comfortably crappy stuff; shitty art. Laughed once or twice. All the characters are lazy, stupid jerks who lack even the psuedo-intellectualism of Kevin Smith's lesser, poop-joke inspired works (I write straight-faced as I stare at the cover of Jason Mewes mooning me).
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Jun 15, 2015 Gonzalo Oyanedel rated it liked it
Siguiendo los acontecimientos de la película, "Clerks: The Comic Books" retoma el humor directo y las referencias a la cultura Pop sin ir más lejos y evitando una profundidad innecesaria para el título. Algo extraña para quienes desconozcan el universo de Kevin Smith, será muy disfrutada por los fans de siempre.
Aurora Dimitre
Oct 29, 2016 Aurora Dimitre rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2016
The first one was alright, the second one was BEAUTIFUL, and the third one was pretty rad, too - and it made me want to rewatch Clerks, which is always a good thing, so I'd say this was pretty OK in my book.
Theadra
Jul 17, 2008 Theadra rated it it was amazing
I love Kevin Smith
Doug Schultz
Nov 12, 2015 Doug Schultz rated it really liked it
Fun read. Kind of weird ready such a wordy comic.
Paul
Dec 15, 2008 Paul rated it it was amazing
Kevin Smith is at his best when he's writing comics.
Devon
Dec 12, 2008 Devon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, december08
I read these on the plane and totally offended the lady next to me.

I was especially excited about the "lost" funeral scene.
Ursa
Aug 04, 2014 Ursa added it
Pretty awesome.
Mike Subelsky
Mike Subelsky rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Catherine Loftus
Catherine Loftus rated it really liked it
May 27, 2008
Russ Algar
Russ Algar rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Raymond Kemp
Raymond Kemp rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2009
Matthew Purnell
Matthew Purnell rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2010
Hari
Hari rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Kevin Eades
Kevin Eades rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2011
neil changela
neil changela rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2010
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Aidan Duffy
Aidan Duffy rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Aaron
Apr 27, 2011 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than I expected. Ridiculous and very funny.
Joey Cruz
Joey Cruz rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2011
Renan
Renan rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2011
MM
MM rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2007
Grasshopper
Grasshopper rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2010
Emma Lake
Emma Lake rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2011
  • Todd, the Ugliest Kid on Earth Vol. 1
  • The Maxx, Vol. 3
  • Showcase Presents: Justice League of America, Vol. 1
  • Serenity - Omnibus
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Dust Waltz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic#8  Buffy Season 2)
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vol. 3
  • Crossed, Vol. 5
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 22: Ultimatum
  • Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny
  • Getting to Know You
  • Fractured Fables
Kevin Patrick Smith is an American screenwriter, director, as well as a comic book writer, author, and actor. He is also the co-founder, with Scott Mosier, of View Askew Productions and owner of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash comic and novelty store in Red Bank, New Jersey. He also hosts a weekly podcast with Scott Mosier known as SModcast. He is also known for participating in long, humorous Q ...more
More about Kevin Smith...