Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chunin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto, #13)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chunin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto, #13)

Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chunin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto #13)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  5,147 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Naruto is a ninja-in-training with a need for attention, a knack for mischief and, sealed within him, a strange, formidable power. His antics amuse his instructor Kakashi and irritate his teammates, intense Sasuke and witty Sakura, but Naruto is serious about becoming the greatest ninja in the village of Konohagakure!

THE CHUNIN EXAM, CONCLUDED...!!

The final battle of the C
Published March 6th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 13

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Okay, this is probably one of my favorites. No it has nothing to do with my favorite crazy desert villain sort of, misunderstood character over here. Okay maybe a little. Well, maybe it has to do with well, that looks like a lot is happening in this one. Story picking up and it is awesome.
Nahiyan Asadullah
I think this volume was mainly focused on a fight of supremacy between Kakashi and Guy and their students. For example, think about Guy and Lee's reactions to Sasuke's amazing Taijutsu moves. However, it's always apparent that Guy takes this rivalry more seriously than Kakashi ever does. Partly because Kakashi is kind of conceited, and maybe for all the right reasons lol.

As for Lee, I believe no one can deny the power of his character. I mean think about the pain he has endured to come this far
Sharon
A much faster and engaging read than previous books. The action flowed very nicely with wicked cool entrances by certain characters and someones psycho trigger being pushed. Also Shikamaru being Shikamaru. And Shino being underrated but able to sneak around. This book is more about Sasuke in a way, showing how much he has changed. And he has in this book, going from a somewhat desperate, cocky but still rookie edge, to still cocky but much more focused and badass. Naruto also has a moment or two ...more
Wickedshizuku
Apr 12, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Shelves: manga, reviewed, 2007
Kicking off with Chapter 109: Leaf, Dance!
The battle between Temari and Shikamaru is over after Shikamaru surrenders. To the eyes of the examiners this is a good show of leadership and brilliance. The next match up is between Gaara of the Sand and Uchiha, Sasuke. The crowd grows restless with the wait. This is caused by Kakashi's perpetual tardiness, but just as Sasuke is about to be disqualified, they poof into the stadium. See this highly aggressive fight for yourselves. Cheers and Happy Readi
Dylan
Chidori!
Ashley
Nick Fagerlund
As for the actual plot stuff in vol 13, slightly less impressed. Partly because it's been so telegraphed this whole time, and because something meant to basically invalidate the tournament stuff is happening the one time that I'm actually fairly engrossed by a tournament plot. Also, mastermind villains of Orochimaru's ilk just bore me to tears. He does have _some_ interesting attributes (I loved his line to the Hokage: "I like watching moving objects."), but by and large, he's kind of a yawner. ...more
Waldmar1000
Now the epic battle is finally here: Sasuke vs Gaara! Sasuke seems to have a new move up his sleeve. However, Gaara has a big secret in his sleeve. Also: Why are the sand genin talking to Gaara saying "Don't mess up the plan."

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. THIS BOOK SERIES IS INCREDIBLE, AND I WOULD REC
James Dunphy
Probably the most epic fight of the series thus far between Gaara and Rock Lee. The plot also goes into overdrive in this volume with alliances between the Sound and Sand ninja being revealed, and a war breaking out against the Grass ninja. Easily one of the best volumes of the manga. The end of one arc and the immediate start of another. Gotta keep reading.
Michael
I liked this one better than the others because you got to see Orochimaru's attak. Temari wins the fight against Shikamaru in a stunning way. Before Sasuke and Gaara's fight, Sasuke appears with a flashy enterance, casually late. They find the amazing story of the chidori, or lightning blade, as Sasuke unleashes it. As Gaara trys to transform he gets hit with the chidori. During the fight, the sand ninja and Orochimaru attack Konoha, and the Chunin selection exams concludes with a bang. As Sasuk ...more
Tyrell Patrick
I liked this book because you got to see Orochimaru's attak. Temari wins the fight against Shikamaru in a amazing way. Before Sasuke and Gaara's fight, Sasuke appears with a flashy enterance, casually late. They find the amazing story of the chidori, or lightning blade, as Sasuke unleashes it. As Gaara trys to transform he gets hit with the chidori. During the fight, the sand ninja and Orochimaru attack Konoha, and the Chunin selection exams concludes with a bang. As Sasuke is pursuing Gaara, Te ...more
Johanna
Pretty interesting fight in this one, and it builds up to volume 14 so I'm pumped to read that one! :D
Cindy
May 16, 2010 Cindy added it
This book is about everyone in the village taking a physical test to see if they learned in the days. Sasuke was training and when his fight came up things got out of control. The hokage and Oruchimaru went to a safe place where people can't disturb their fight. Sakura , Naruto, and Shikamaru an A mission.
What i think about this book is that it is cool because Sasuke learned a powerful skill from Kakashi and it is called chidori aka lightning blade. Sasuke would've beaten Garra but it got out of
Ayaj Khan ( বন্ধন )
Duh! I thought Gaara vs Sasuke match would be a crack.. What a disappointment..
Jussi
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Book Boy
3.5

Some parts were a little bit confusing...
Mariana
Sasuke way to school for cool. Favourite.
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Meira
I love Naruto
Sara
Gaara is losing his marbles. His battle with Sasuke begins in this volume and takes up the majority of it. At one point, Gaara begins to transform, but Sasuke causes him injury in the middle of it. As Sasuke was attacking, the shady characters make their move and Orochimaru reveals himself. Sakura and Naruto are sent to follow Saduke as he was chasing after Gaara.

To be honest, so much is happening it's almost hard to keep up- but because of the complexity, the story is that much more powerful.
Taruia
I think Kishimoto is starting to hit his stride here with a story that flows much better than some of the preceding ones. Sasuke returns late for his bout with Gaara having done special training. However it is stopped prematurely with a threat against the Hokage. Maybe it is just me, but the fight scenes also seem a lot clearer than those in the previous books which is good - they were getting a little difficult to follow at times.
David
Oct 06, 2008 David added it
Shelves: manga
Jenny
[Ch. 109-117]

Very, very good volume. Gaara and Sasuke's fight was cut short though. :( In the anime, Gaara freaks out so much worse and it's so disturbing but they didn't do it in the manga. Anyways, can't wait to read the next volume!
Ethan
Naruto vol. 13 by Masashi Kishimoto is a great and easy read and I recommend this book to young readers. This book is about the Chunin exam ending because the Sand and the Sound are attacking the leaf. this book is a great and action packed-thriller.
Deb
Jun 21, 2007 Deb rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shonen fans
Shelves: manga
This series started out with a fabulous story, but I find my attention wandering now when I pick up a new volume. More fights with the sand ninjas, o rebellion. It's becoming a bit too predictable. Yet I'll still pick up the next copy...
Ysabet
Naruto is sort of resoundingly not my thing, and yet I keep getting it from the library. I know plenty of people with excellent taste who really like it, so I'm not dismissing it out of hand; it just doesn't click for me.
Aleina
I was really impressed with how they did the whole exam...but they never exactly got around to doing the rest of the tournament. Ah well, I guess an attack is an attack. :) The series just gets better and better.
Nicole
Sasuke and Hakashi arrive (in a very flashy way, I might add) just in time to take part in the finals. And Sasuke finally faces off against Gaara. Cool battle since both Sasuke and Gaara are pushed to their limits...
Mary
Apr 20, 2014 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
It's so hard to believe that Gaara becomes so loving later in the series.He even becomes one of my favourite characters. But Naruto kind of has the power to change people ALOT.
Alexis Masters
Naruto vol. 13: The Chunin Exam, Concluded...!!

- A natural leader
- a flashing entrance
- Gaara vs. Sasuke
- Chidori/Raikiri
- The Hokages fight, an old face shows itself
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • One Piece, Volume 13: It's All Right! (One Piece, #13)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)