Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chūnin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto, #13)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chūnin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto, #13)

Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chūnin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto #13)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  6,662 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
The final battle of the Chūnin Exam is at hand! Sasuke makes it to the arena in time to compete, but the anticipation has only whetted Gaara's terrible bloodlust and strained his already fragile sanity. Can Gaara pull himself together in time to face Sasuke's newfound strength? Or will the demon inside him take complete control and wreak havoc on Konohagakure?!
Published March 6th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 13

Mit
Jan 13, 2017 Mit rated it it was amazing
Well, finally we get to see the fight which all of us want to see and it turns out that when this fight is getting interesting, it is short?concluded? but well who cares? The real fight has just begun...... the next volume will be interesting, I can not wait to read it.
Brad
Mar 27, 2013 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Sasuke's fight was a bit interesting, but way too short. Gaara's creepy, of course.

What really has me going is the big surprise! Let's get the big show on the way!
Sharon
Oct 26, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
A much faster and engaging read than previous books. The action flowed very nicely with wicked cool entrances by certain characters and someones psycho trigger being pushed. Also Shikamaru being Shikamaru. And Shino being underrated but able to sneak around. This book is more about Sasuke in a way, showing how much he has changed. And he has in this book, going from a somewhat desperate, cocky but still rookie edge, to still cocky but much more focused and badass. Naruto also has a moment or two ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 12, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is probably one of my favorites. No it has nothing to do with my favorite crazy desert villain sort of, misunderstood character over here. Okay maybe a little. Well, maybe it has to do with well, that looks like a lot is happening in this one. Story picking up and it is awesome.
Nahiyan Asadullah
I think this volume was mainly focused on a fight of supremacy between Kakashi and Guy and their students. For example, think about Guy and Lee's reactions to Sasuke's amazing Taijutsu moves. However, it's always apparent that Guy takes this rivalry more seriously than Kakashi ever does. Partly because Kakashi is kind of conceited, and maybe for all the right reasons lol.

As for Lee, I believe no one can deny the power of his character. I mean think about the pain he has endured to come this far
Wickedshizuku
Apr 19, 2009 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Kicking off with Chapter 109: Leaf, Dance!
The battle between Temari and Shikamaru is over after Shikamaru surrenders. To the eyes of the examiners this is a good show of leadership and brilliance. The next match up is between Gaara of the Sand and Uchiha, Sasuke. The crowd grows restless with the wait. This is caused by Kakashi's perpetual tardiness, but just as Sasuke is about to be disqualified, they poof into the stadium. See this highly aggressive fight for yourselves. Cheers and Happy Readi
Travis
Jan 26, 2017 Travis rated it it was amazing
Well the Chunin Exams have concluded in an unconventional manner, the assault of the Village by the Sand and Sound ninja. Things are not looking good for our band of ninja as Sasuke went off in pursuit of Gaara and the Third Hokage has been taken into closed combat with Orichimaru!!
Brandon St Mark
Actual rating: 4.5
Ahmad Sharabiani
Naruto, Vol. 13: The Chūnin Exam, Concluded...!! (Naruto, #13), Masashi Kishimoto
Dylan
Apr 22, 2014 Dylan rated it really liked it
Chidori!
Ashley
Apr 26, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Waldmar1000
May 31, 2010 Waldmar1000 rated it it was amazing
Now the epic battle is finally here: Sasuke vs Gaara! Sasuke seems to have a new move up his sleeve. However, Gaara has a big secret in his sleeve. Also: Why are the sand genin talking to Gaara saying "Don't mess up the plan."

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. THIS BOOK SERIES IS INCREDIBLE, AND I WOULD REC
Nick Fagerlund
Aug 21, 2008 Nick Fagerlund rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
As for the actual plot stuff in vol 13, slightly less impressed. Partly because it's been so telegraphed this whole time, and because something meant to basically invalidate the tournament stuff is happening the one time that I'm actually fairly engrossed by a tournament plot. Also, mastermind villains of Orochimaru's ilk just bore me to tears. He does have _some_ interesting attributes (I loved his line to the Hokage: "I like watching moving objects."), but by and large, he's kind of a yawner. ...more
Kathleen
Jul 01, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Shikamaru has just withdrawn from the battle after having defeating Tamari. Sasuke and Kakashi finally appear. Gaara kills two ninja in front of Naruto and Shikamaru when walking downstairs to meet Sasuke in the arena. During the battle, Gaara is agitated and talking to himself. Sasuke reveals his chidori and his taijutsu that he copied from Lee. Their fight is interrupted when the sand ninja put the audience to sleep. The Kazekage is revealed to be Orochimaru. He traps the Third Hokage in a bar ...more
Michael
Oct 11, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
I liked this one better than the others because you got to see Orochimaru's attak. Temari wins the fight against Shikamaru in a stunning way. Before Sasuke and Gaara's fight, Sasuke appears with a flashy enterance, casually late. They find the amazing story of the chidori, or lightning blade, as Sasuke unleashes it. As Gaara trys to transform he gets hit with the chidori. During the fight, the sand ninja and Orochimaru attack Konoha, and the Chunin selection exams concludes with a bang. As Sasuk ...more
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Cindy
May 16, 2010 Cindy added it
This book is about everyone in the village taking a physical test to see if they learned in the days. Sasuke was training and when his fight came up things got out of control. The hokage and Oruchimaru went to a safe place where people can't disturb their fight. Sakura , Naruto, and Shikamaru an A mission.
What i think about this book is that it is cool because Sasuke learned a powerful skill from Kakashi and it is called chidori aka lightning blade. Sasuke would've beaten Garra but it got out of
Tyrell Patrick
Nov 30, 2012 Tyrell Patrick rated it really liked it
I liked this book because you got to see Orochimaru's attak. Temari wins the fight against Shikamaru in a amazing way. Before Sasuke and Gaara's fight, Sasuke appears with a flashy enterance, casually late. They find the amazing story of the chidori, or lightning blade, as Sasuke unleashes it. As Gaara trys to transform he gets hit with the chidori. During the fight, the sand ninja and Orochimaru attack Konoha, and the Chunin selection exams concludes with a bang. As Sasuke is pursuing Gaara, Te ...more
Diana Lynn
Sep 20, 2016 Diana Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Sara
Mar 10, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Gaara is losing his marbles. His battle with Sasuke begins in this volume and takes up the majority of it. At one point, Gaara begins to transform, but Sasuke causes him injury in the middle of it. As Sasuke was attacking, the shady characters make their move and Orochimaru reveals himself. Sakura and Naruto are sent to follow Saduke as he was chasing after Gaara.

To be honest, so much is happening it's almost hard to keep up- but because of the complexity, the story is that much more powerful.
David
Oct 05, 2008 David added it
James Dunphy
Jul 19, 2014 James Dunphy rated it it was amazing
Probably the most epic fight of the series thus far between Gaara and Rock Lee. The plot also goes into overdrive in this volume with alliances between the Sound and Sand ninja being revealed, and a war breaking out against the Grass ninja. Easily one of the best volumes of the manga. The end of one arc and the immediate start of another. Gotta keep reading.
Scott Lee
Dec 12, 2016 Scott Lee rated it really liked it
We learn quite a bit more about Gaara and just how disturbed/disturbing he is, Sasuke returns with the results of his month of training with Kakashi, and the volume culminates in the Sasuke/Gaara matchup that all the characters have been drooling over for several chapters/volumes now. Also a change of events brings the Chunin exam to a sooner than expected conclusion.
Ethan
Oct 16, 2013 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Naruto vol. 13 by Masashi Kishimoto is a great and easy read and I recommend this book to young readers. This book is about the Chunin exam ending because the Sand and the Sound are attacking the leaf. this book is a great and action packed-thriller.
Aleina
Feb 16, 2016 Aleina rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I was really impressed with how they did the whole exam...but they never exactly got around to doing the rest of the tournament. Ah well, I guess an attack is an attack. :) The series just gets better and better.
Ysabet
Aug 04, 2007 Ysabet rated it it was ok
Naruto is sort of resoundingly not my thing, and yet I keep getting it from the library. I know plenty of people with excellent taste who really like it, so I'm not dismissing it out of hand; it just doesn't click for me.
Andy
Oct 17, 2016 Andy rated it really liked it
The schoolyard atmosphere finally lifts and the action ramps up a gear as the exam finishes and the town comes under siege! An unexpected turn after a slow build but this marks the turning point in the series
Jenny
Dec 06, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing
[Ch. 109-117]

Very, very good volume. Gaara and Sasuke's fight was cut short though. :( In the anime, Gaara freaks out so much worse and it's so disturbing but they didn't do it in the manga. Anyways, can't wait to read the next volume!
Lucinda
Aug 24, 2009 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2016
Starting a re-read of these, since the series is finally finished, I decided to start with number 13 as that's about when I tend to stop on other re-reads, just because I run out of steam, so here's hoping. ^_^
Deb
Jun 12, 2007 Deb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shonen fans
Shelves: manga
This series started out with a fabulous story, but I find my attention wandering now when I pick up a new volume. More fights with the sand ninjas, o rebellion. It's becoming a bit too predictable. Yet I'll still pick up the next copy...
Concluded That no health hazard 1 3 Sep 16, 2015 11:18PM
  • Bleach, Volume 20
  • The Meanest Man in the East (One Piece, #11)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)