Start by marking “Night Kills” as Want to Read:
Night Kills

Night Kills (Frank Quinn #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  478 ratings  ·  53 reviews
On The Trail Of A Bloody Killer.

Frank Quinn is sure he is hunting for a madman: someone who is shooting young women in the heart, defiling their bodies, leaving only the torsos to be found. Quinn, a former NYPD detective, is called into the case by an ambitious chief of police and mobilizes his team of brilliant law-enforcement misfits. But in the concrete canyons of New Y
Published October 1st 2008 by kensington (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Night Kills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Kills

Gail
My first Lutz experience, and it does take a while to piece together all the different scenarios. I liek the original reason behind the events! I will get the first in the trilogy and read more. One point - am I the only person left bewildered by the fact that at victim 3 (I think) the new pathologist adds new information when she finds a splinter - so at least now we KNOW it is wood, not just guessing, but by victim 4 we suddenly know that the first three were one type of wood and this one is d ...more
June Ahern

Night Kills by John Lutz didn't catch my interest the first few chapters. I almost gave up, but then the story turned around for me. The premises of why the killings take place is a good, unique one. That caught my attention. I cared much more for the murdered victims than the killers, and/or the cops chasing them. Their are twists, and turns, and enough to keep the story interesting. The main good guy characters detectives, Quinn, Pearl and a few others are doing their jobs, but I didn't get a
laura m
Sep 08, 2014 laura m rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: north american crime fiction readers
Brian Lee
okay i really liked Lutz's first book in this series. the second one was okay but similar. now tthe third one is yet again another serial killer whodunit. all three books are pretty much the same plot. same characters. nothing new. and there are three more books in the series and from the description on the backcover of each it looks like we have three more similar serial killer whodunits to slog through. so i suppose i am done reading this series. the author should have changed up the nature of ...more
Kimberly
Not one of John Lutz's best. Very modern and frightening premise to the story, but I could easily put it down. I can't say the same for some of his other books.
Monique
I liked the storyline and enjoyed the somewhat complicated characters. I was a bit disturbed by the way the victims were killed but not so much that I couldn't finish.
Mam
Would have preferred much less brutal detail, but the plot was adequately twisted.
Eliana
Keeps you hooked til the very end every time. P.I. thriller/mystery.
Kelly
Good book. Not as good as the first two in the series though
Anna
I love this series! It's very under-rated to me. His chapters are short but keep you intrigued throughout the whole book. I definitely recommend this series.

This book, especially, was creepy. Instead of using an online dating site to match people with each other, the dating site uses personal information to find potential body doubles for well-to-do people that "die" It's a great book.
Kevin C
This was the first book I read on my new Kindle, and what a good first choice it was! It was exciting, tense, and entertaining. The characters were true to life, the plot moved right along, and the final 'showdown' was so intense I stayed up way past my normal bed time because I couldn't put it down!
Parts of this book were too graphic for my taste. I found the story to be rushed in parts, especially the ending, and on a whole this book did not hold my attention. This is the first novel by Lutz I have read and I'm not in any hurry to read the other books in this series that's for sure.
Jenn
I was somewhat disappointed with this Lutz novel. Most of his work leaves me sitting ok the edge of my seat. But in this one I kept wondering when it would be over, of something more exciting would happen. Not that I wouldn't read everything John Lutz writes as I still think he's brilliant.
Luann
An interesting twist on identity theft. This book seemed a bit of a departure from previous novels in that you know up front who the killer is and their motive - unlike other John Quinn stories which leave you guessing while getting a look into the killer's past.
Amy
467 pgs

A fast paced thriller about what appears to be like a serial killer, but that's just a cover-up. The book was good. It kept me interested to find out what would happen. I liked the characters, especially the detectives, they seemed like real people
Melissa
I different edge of your seat read. Although you could figure out do a certain extent who the killer was, you didn't connect all the dots and kept reading. Lots of action, and it wasn't the same old mystery/thriller book predictable plot line.
Sandie
One of a trilogy, In for the Kill, Darker than Night. Great suspense, serial killer, dective series that will keep you up all night reading just to get to the end. The book will keep you guessing all the way to the end.
S.L. Ratigan
This is an excellent mystery. A good plot, but also great characters. I could not decide between wanting to hurry up and finish it versus stretching out the enjoyment. Will definitely be buying more by this author!
Roxanne
Another winner by John Lutz. Quinn, Pearl and Fedderman are back to stop another killer in NYC.
I really enjoy these books, they don't disappoint.

If you a fan of the cop/serial killer genre, give John Lutz a try.
Sharon
I like Lutz's way of telling the reader what all of the characters are thinking including the victims, antagonists and protagonists. The book is a great thriller, but be prepared for the gruesome death descriptions.
*~sandi~*
Nov 14, 2008 *~sandi~* rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes thrillers/serial killers
It was pretty hard to put down! I'm addicted to the Detective Quinn books!
if you like thriller/serial killer related books, then this is the book to
read. Very unique I might say...gross but unique LOL
Patti
I liked this book, not as good as the others I have read, but still kept me reading. It seemed a bit disjointed and at first I had to work pretty hard to get into it. However, I think it is worth the read.
Brian
This was my first John Lutz book. Even though it was the 3rd in the series, I was able to connect with the main character. I am now a Lutz, and Quinn fan. Can’t wait to start the first in the series.
Elaine De
After the first one that was great, the second one was onpy okay. but this book was crap. What an incoherent boring book. I kept waiting for some action, else I woupd have put it down 50 pages in
Deanna
This book has a real gross serial killer in it. I've found John Lutz to be a great, suspense full writer though. I've read a couple of his books.
bookworm73
I like the plot and characters, but Lutz's writing style doesn't grab me. It's not as fast paced as I expect a suspense/mystery novel to be.
Marshamariella
I am a John Lutz fan. This installment was a great read filled with calculating and evil baddies for Quinn and his team to chase after!
  • Mourn The Living
  • Victim Six
  • Vicious
  • Black Friday (Maggie O'Dell, #7)
  • Rancid Pansies
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines #3)
  • Threat Warning (Jonathan Grave, #3)
  • Last Ditch (Leo Waterman, #5)
  • Heartless
  • In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • A Thousand Bones (Louis Kincaid, #8)
  • MPD-Psycho, Volume 5
  • This Time Forever
  • Dark Places (Claire Morgan #2)
  • Strip Search (Susan Pulaski #2)
  • When the Storm Breaks
  • Rough Draft
John Lutz published his first short story in 1966 in Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine and has been publishing regularly ever since. His work includes political suspense, private eye novels, urban suspense, humor, occult, crime caper, police procedural, espionage, historical, futuristic, amateur detective--virtually every mystery sub-genre. He is the author of more than thirty-five novels and 25 ...more
More about John Lutz...
In for the Kill (Frank Quinn #2) Darker Than Night (Frank Quinn, #1) Serial (Frank Quinn, #6) Urge To Kill (Frank Quinn, #4) Mister X (Frank Quinn, #5)