Start by marking “Designing Successful Professional Meetings and Conferences in Education: Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation” as Want to Read:

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  3 Ratings  ·  1 Review
This book provides guidance, tips, and suggestions for planning professional events that will result in substantial learning for participants. Written for professionals with all levels of experience, it is based on the authors' experiences with designing and conducting meetings.
Published August 15th 2000 by Corwin Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about Designing Successful Professional Meetings and Conferences in Education

Leah Macvie
Feb 23, 2011 Leah Macvie rated it liked it
Shelves: event-planning
Although it's important to read about planning a conference, most people reading this book will have attended one themselves. This book is extremely text heavy with a sprinkling of diagrams. I would have rather seen the opposite. I was looking for more charts to help me organize the conferences I'm involved with.

One of the book's highlights is the table that illustrates 25 conference learning activities. I am planning on using some of these ideas with planned Twitter conversations at one of the
Fran Tastick
Fran Tastick marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Unique
Unique marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Manal
Manal marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Kimberly Morrison-baker
Kimberly Morrison-baker marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Sly
Sly marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Julia Sivashova
Julia Sivashova marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Kedike Raymond
Kedike Raymond marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013