Start by marking “Kaffe Fassetts Museum Quilts” as Want to Read:
Kaffe Fassetts Museum Quilts

Kaffe Fassetts Museum Quilts

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Past meets present in this dazzling collection of new quilts from design genius Kaffe Fassett. Drawing inspiration from the textile treasures of the Victoria&Albert Museum, London's world-famous decorative art museum, Kaffe has created 23 gorgeous new patchwork designs. Each is a sympathetic interpretation of an antique source, using updated color schemes and contempor ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Taunton Press

To ask other readers questions about Kaffe Fassetts Museum Quilts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaffe Fassetts Museum Quilts

JayeL
Jun 05, 2009 JayeL rated it liked it
Shelves: quilt
B&B sent me Kaffe Fassett’s Museum Quilts, also for my birthday (what a bonanza this year! WooHoo!!!). For Fassett, it is all about the fabric and I love the many fabrics that he uses and the combinations that he comes up with. The designs/patterns have the feeling of classic quilts, but the fabrics and details make them fresh and new. I also love it that he is not afraid to mix color and pattern. There is always more fabric, so why be concerned that patterns might clash? I like the way a nu ...more
Sara
Mar 24, 2015 Sara rated it liked it
I just... don't understand people's fascination with Kaffe Fassett. To my eye, he has zero concept of color value. A few neat things in here, but you might as well just use the original museum design as your inspiration.
Meredith
Mar 25, 2015 Meredith added it
Shelves: crafts
Remember this book when you're afraid the colors you are using are too vivid or too much. KF would say there is no too much.
Amanda Skinner
Feb 21, 2012 Amanda Skinner rated it liked it
I found many beautiful quilts in this book, but they were all the original works from the Victoria and Albert museum. I did not like Kaffe Fassest's interpretations at all. I find his style to be busy for the sake of being busy. Having said that, that is the beautiful thing about quilting as an art form. 20 people can set out to make a quilt based on the same inspiration and no two quilts will be the same.

I loved lookin at the original museum pieces. I may have a pilgramage to the V&A museum
Barbara
Jan 16, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
One of my favorite Kaffe Fassett quilt books. I made the ultra-simple Dark Floral Columns quilt with great success--spent more time picking out and arranging the fabrics than piecing and quilting the quilt. Visiting the Victoria and Albert Museum is now on my bucket list!
Ginny
Jun 17, 2013 Ginny rated it really liked it
As usual with a book featuring Kaffe Fassett fabric and designs, I was stunned by the gorgeous colors and beautiful photgtaphy. I especially enjoyed the Sun and Moon cushions and the Lone Star quilts.
Joanna
Dec 28, 2014 Joanna marked it as to-read
Shelves: sewing-quilting
Four of the quilts from this book can be purchased as fabric kits on his website. I think the "Jockey's Cap Baby Quilt" looks fun.
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Judy Schooley-foster
Judy Schooley-foster rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Mitali Whitchurch
Mitali Whitchurch rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
olivia jones
olivia jones rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Delia Partrick
Delia Partrick rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Roz
Roz rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Janet Porter
Janet Porter rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Carmen Wyant
Carmen Wyant rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Mussy Schold
Mussy Schold marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Judy
Judy added it
Mar 01, 2015
Candy
Candy added it
Apr 13, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Karene
Karene rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Dgerewitz
Dgerewitz rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Roberta
Roberta rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
May 07, 2015
Jan F
Jan F marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Catherine Sanborn
Catherine Sanborn rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014