Start by marking “Amor” as Want to Read:
Amor

Amor

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  236 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Todo formamos parte de la chispa divina.

Todos tenemos un propósito en la creación, llamado Amor.

Despierta, acepta ese amor. Lo pasado no debe volver.

Lo que venga habrá que reconocerlo.

El Vencedor está Solo

Un libro imprescindible que reúne la selección de citas que mejor resume el espíritu vital de uno de los autores más queridos de nuestro tiempo: Paulo Coelho.
Published 2010 by ArtePlural (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Amor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amor

Librariasaurus
For a book that is so strikingly illustrated and written by an author held in such high esteem, this is a really rubbish book.

Out of context, the quotes which are all taken from his various published and unpublished works; make no sense. The book also came off as a little self-indulgent. Perhaps it's time to put away the writing implements, I mean, did anyone else read Adultery?

The text was also contradictory from one chapter to the next. This would be a great gift for someone who is totally i
Elizabeth
An attractive book meant to be given as a gift. Little more than a collection of often contradictory and, for me, uninspiring Coelho quotes. His books are quick to read. Why not make a present out of something he crafted, not these extractions? Context has meaning. Give a whole book.
Nouran Gamal
Oct 03, 2015 Nouran Gamal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I really enjoyed this collection.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"The important things always stay; what we lose are the things we thought were important, but which are, in fact, useless, like the false power we use to control the energy of love"
The Zahir

"Feelings - love, for example - do not grow old along with the body. Feelings form part of a world where there's no time, no space, no frontiers"
Brida

"Do you believe that your past loves have taught you to love better?
They've taught me to k
Mariam Almokayyad
Feb 05, 2016 Mariam Almokayyad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soul touching, wise love quotes, very easy reading. Would recommend for a beginner reader :)
Julie Thomason
Mar 22, 2016 Julie Thomason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the sister companion Life collection of quotes the Best of Coehlo is a permanent to read over and over again.
Sarah Tzathas
Apr 27, 2016 Sarah Tzathas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This read was very refreshing! I think I read this just when I needed to. There were a few quotes that I thought would make more sense when in context, but some challenged my thinking and others were very encouraging!

This was a feel good book at a time that I needed to feel good and I enjoyed it!
Caroline Bertelsen
Aug 16, 2015 Caroline Bertelsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Paulo Coelho, and those who love poems and quotes.
Shelves: books-i-own
Many of the quotes were lovely and very beautiful, and some a little too religious in my opinion. They were, as the title says about love, which is very clearly in the quotes. But all things concidered a much inspiring collection of quotes.
Diana
Dec 21, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asombrosas ilustraciones que no paraban de impresionarme, mis amigos hasta se aburrían porque les enseñaba cada página. Eran muy hermosas.
En cuanto a las frases. Es una buen recopilación de todas las increíbles notas de Paulo Coelho
Jasmine
Dec 31, 2015 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This compilation of Paulo Coelho was definitely worth reading while waiting for the new year!!!! For such beautiful thoughts from him are totally INSPIRING :D
Simone Hagemann
Feb 15, 2014 Simone Hagemann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En virkelig fin bog med nogle helt fantastiske citater om kærlighed fra Coelhos bøger.

Der er slet ingen tvivl om, at den mand virkelig kan skrive! Og samlingen gav mig en virkelig stor lyst til at læse videre i hans forfatterskab.
Fairlita
A very beatufiul book about love. Beautiful words, beautiful illustration, beautiful cover. This is going to be one of my all-time favorite book!

Quote taken from the book:
"L'amore non impedisce mai a un uomo di seguire la propria Leggenda Personale. Se questo accade, è soltanto perché non si trattava di vero amore, di quell'Amore che parla il Linguaggio del Mondo. (L'alchimista)

(Love never keeps a man from pursuing his Personal Legend. If he abandons it,it's because it wasn't true love,the love
E Reyes
Feb 15, 2016 E Reyes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It drives you to believe in real, empowering and boundless love.
Abbie
I love the artistic colours!
E. Mellyberry
Not as impressive as the design. The quotes seem random, and without proper context, they are meaningless.
Pamela
Nov 16, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un pequeño libro con las varias de las frases más famosas de Coelho sobre el amor la amistad y otros temas, es muy bueno tener reunidas en un compendio todas esas frases maravillosas de Coelho que nos han inspirado tanto a tener un día y un pensamiento más placentero.
Recomendable como un buen regalo, en especial para las jovencitas.
Ewa Suz
Feb 02, 2013 Ewa Suz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wydawnictwo bardzo ciekawe graficznie i to jest jego największy plus. Dobre jako źródło różnorodnych cytatów o miłości, w którym prawie każdy znajdzie coś z czym się zgodzi. Jednocześnie jako całość niespójne. Cytaty wyrwane z kontekstu mogą conajwyżej stanowić zachętę (lub nie) do sięgnięcia po poszczególne powieści.
Gita
Dec 03, 2015 Gita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's an easy read, loved to read it every night before sleep.
Very inspiring.
Rachel
Mar 21, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a series of quotes from different books. In my opinion it's an excellent way to practice some Spanish, a healthy outlook on love, and it makes me want to read the books the quotes come from. The art work is gorgeous as well :).
أبرار
May 02, 2016 أبرار rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books
As the first book that I have read " life quotations" for Paulo, simple and deep sentences. you can read it again if you need a motivation or positive words that encourages you to love and life :).
Rusmira Kajtezovic
The best thing in this book is ilustration. Excellent work - Catalina Estrada http://catalinaestrada.com/

Rozalia
Oct 15, 2010 Rozalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
εκπληκτική συλλογή ....και σου δίνει ιδέες γιa το facebook.....
ιδανική επιλογή και ως δώρο!!!
Mara
how we all wish that someone loved us that much to write those beautiful words...
Anna
Hrvoje
Jun 24, 2012 Hrvoje rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amor :)
Mabatho Pako
Mabatho Pako is currently reading it
May 29, 2016
Karen Ann
Karen Ann marked it as to-read
Estephany Rojas
Estephany Rojas rated it liked it
Syella
Syella marked it as to-read
  • Mary Poppins: 80th Anniversary Collection
  • Ars Magica
  • Yahya Hassan
  • 21 måder at dø
  • This Is Who I Am: Our Beauty in All Shapes and Sizes
  • Skrig under vand (Katrine Wraa #1)
  • Gideons ring (Hammarbyserien, #5)
  • Text Game
  • How To Be The Perfect Housewife: Lessons in the art of modern household management
  • Bye bye blackbird (Axel Steen, #2 )
  • The Devil's Other Storybook
  • Favole: Frozen Light
  • Pojken som slutade gråta (Hagfors, #2)
  • Ja-maar..Omdenken
  • Fashion Brands: Branding Style from Armani to Zara
  • Morgon og kveld
  • Todo bajo el cielo
  • The Dolphins, the Whales and the Gudgeon (Little Black Classics, #61)
The Brazilian author PAULO COELHO was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist. In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book The Pilgrimage. In the following year, COELHO published The Alchemist. Slow in ...more
More about Paulo Coelho...