Start by marking “The 60-Minute Money Workout: An Easy Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Your Finances into Shape” as Want to Read:

Financial transformation in just one hour a week!

You can revolutionize your finances in only sixty minutes! Looking for long-term economic stability and not common quick-fix schemes? Discover the secrets that Ellie Kay used to deliver her family from $40,000 in consumer debt. Now a nationally recognized financial expert and best-selling author, Ellie shares her one-hour-
Published December 14th 2010 by WaterBrook (first published November 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The 60-Minute Money Workout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 60-Minute Money Workout

Seekingmylord
Jul 27, 2015 Seekingmylord rated it liked it
While I find the information sound in The 60-Minute Money Workout: An Easy Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Your Finances into Shape by Ellie Kay and I understood the intention of the "workout" concept, it felt regimented and less motivational in comparison to other books I have read on personal finances. However, I can also see how this book would be very beneficial for people who need a positive structure in approaching discussions about finances with a spouse.

I felt the author added confusion in
Kelly Lynn Thomas
Mar 21, 2016 Kelly Lynn Thomas rated it it was ok
The financial exercises in this book are actually fairly sound to my inexpert reading eyes, but I docked a star because this book contains secret Jesus, and that always makes me incredibly irritable. It's cool if you want to write a book on personal finance for Christians, BUT COME OUT AND SAY SO, don't try to pass off your morality as financial advice (in this case, that you should give away 10 percent of your income to charity, among other things).

The other main issue I had with this book is
Cafelilybookreviews
Dec 13, 2011 Cafelilybookreviews rated it liked it
The 60 Minute Money Workout is a light-hearted quick read. The idea behind the "60 minutes" is that by spending one hour a week, working through this book, you can revolutionize your finances.

For financial beginners this book is a great place to start if shoring up their budget and making smart financial adjustments is the goal. Ellie Kay writes in a conversational tone that makes readers feel like they are talking to a good friend. She includes personal stories along with humor and makes budge
Book Him Danno
Personal finance is one of my all time favorite subjects, a number one hobby for me. I think I have read almost every book in our library on the subject. When I saw this as an offered book on Blogging for Books I immediately ordered it. I love budgets and making ends meet. Income is such a personal thing and yet I wish I could talk to everyone I know about it.

This book is broken into sections to help you find the areas that you need the most. I found that to be helpful, and the way you would bre
Sunflower
"The 60-Minute Money Workout" is a thorough guide to help get your finances together using Christian principles, using "common sense" methods designed to encourage and guide individuals and families to managing their money.

A helpful guide particularly in these tight economical times, "The 60-Minute Money Workout" is a good alternative for those who are finding ways to trim up their budget and live within their means that is also pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Kirstin Tesner
Mar 15, 2011 Kirstin Tesner rated it really liked it
I'm still holding out judgement here. The book seems to be written for those who are experiencing a money crisis and not for those who just want to improve their management. The author's money personalities all seem to have some financial crisis in their present or past. That doesn't relate to my personal experience or my husbands. I think couples who want to work together and are experiencing some sort of crisis will find this book useful.
Brian Cremer
Dec 27, 2013 Brian Cremer rated it did not like it
We'll read as much as I could. Not on the same level of other finance books. Nothing I had not already read in better formats.
Andrew Woody Siemens
Andrew Woody Siemens rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2012
Chantel
Chantel rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2012
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2011
Julie Wilson
Julie Wilson rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2012
James
James rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Brenda Kennedy
Brenda Kennedy rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2016
JB
JB rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Lisa Chung
Lisa Chung rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2012
Rebecca Graf
Rebecca Graf rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Heather {JoshuasGirl.com}
A typical book on budgeting and finances. Easy to read for any age!
Todd Pylant
Todd Pylant rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Waterbrook Multnomah
Waterbrook Multnomah rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
Julius
Julius rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2013
Gina Cresse
Gina Cresse rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2012
Chris Sigfrids
Chris Sigfrids rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Janet Reeves
Janet Reeves rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013