Start by marking “The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing: How to Find Funds and Write Foolproof Proposals for the Visual, Literary, and Performing Artist” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The Artist’s Guide to Grant Writing is designed to transform readers from starving artists fumbling to get by into working artists who confidently tap into all the resources at their disposal. Written in an engaging and down-to-earth tone, this comprehensive guide includes time-tested strategies, anecdotes from successful grant writers, and tips from grant officers and fun ...more
Published December 14th 2010 by Watson-Guptill

To ask other readers questions about The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing

Leslie Reese
Oct 20, 2014 Leslie Reese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: about-writing
What I appreciated most about this book is that it is about so much more than grant writing! It is an energizing invitation for artists to advocate for one’s self and work. GiGi Rosenberg takes apart the whole process of conceptualizing creative projects and re-framing the details---not just to attract funders, but, also, to help the artist to stop walking around with nebulous aspirations that never grows legs or wings.
While there is plenty of singular work to be done, Rosenberg encourages the
Rachel Czech
Feb 16, 2016 Rachel Czech rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rachel by: Music Entrepreneurship Courses
Great read to get introduced to the daunting world of grant writing. I'm looking forward to trying out some of Rosenberg's tips this year (she has supplied many ideas to kick-start your brainstorming) as I apply for my first grants and try-out different fundraising projects for a future 2016 recital tour that I will be planning with the help of my composer friends. The appendices are filled with additional resources from where to find grant money to other books and websites about the artist/gran ...more
Tracy
May 07, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This book gives practical advice for applying for grants. It also left me inspired to fight for art.
Carla
Feb 01, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it
A really great resource that transcends the basic "how to" on writing grant proposals to encompass wise advice on staying motivated as you advocate for the value of your work. Chapter 5's step by step guide to the proposal writing process has great tips on writing and kicking procrastination that you can keep in your back pocket even when not applying for grants. My favorite feature, however, is the wonderful annotated appendices that not only list several books and websites to guide you through ...more
Stefanie Lubkowski
Mar 27, 2014 Stefanie Lubkowski rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This book has great instructions, tips and resources for generating the kinds of material you need not just for grants, but for any promotion and advancement of your work. Best of all, among all the instructional material are lots of encouraging words.
Julie
Jun 12, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Grant writing needn't be a chore, as Gigi Rosenberg proves with this book. The anecdotes and exercises that she includes are designed to tap into the natural creativity of artists, thus allowing them to gain the perspective necessary to define the value of their work and convey that to funders. Even dryer subjects like budgets spring to life under Rosenberg's warm, witty gaze. This book is a must-read for artists, grant writers, and funders.
Rachel
Apr 24, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic -- not just for all of the grant-writing advice (which is in itself invaluable) but also because it really made me look at and think about my art and writing as a career in which to formulate plans and goals, and gives practical, useful advice on how to go about doing that. This is definitely a book that's going to live on my desk for awhile while I try to absorb all the passages I've highlighted.
Rebecca
Aug 31, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Useful, friendly advice on all details of grant applications for artists of all types. Rosenberg makes a boring subject readable, and throws in lots of resources for even more info.
Sarah Key
Jul 05, 2013 Sarah Key rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
A great introduction to grant writing. I have a feeling that I will be sharing this book with friends and inciting arguments with my tech writing teacher. It was refreshing to see Mary Syzbist along with several other Oregon writers quoted in Rosenberg's book.
Tj
Dec 10, 2012 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: informative
I started knowing nothing about how to apply for an artist grant and now I know quite a bit more. At the very least I won't feel quite a foolish when I apply for my first grant. A good book for someone who is starting from scratch.
Paullette
Nov 20, 2012 Paullette rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!!!
Kat Leigh
Kat Leigh marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Jessica Folk
Jessica Folk is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2016
Marcus
Marcus added it
Mar 15, 2016
Lois Primeau
Lois Primeau marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Holly Gray
Holly Gray rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Chelsea Voulgares
Chelsea Voulgares marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Isa Leshko
Isa Leshko rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Riley
Riley is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Chris Rabb
Chris Rabb rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Riin
Riin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Nov 05, 2015
Katrina Goldsaito
Katrina Goldsaito rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Katelyn Shaver
Katelyn Shaver marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
sheryl
sheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015