Start by marking “The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing: How to Find Funds and Write Foolproof Proposals for the Visual, Literary, and Performing Artist” as Want to Read:

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Artist’s Guide to Grant Writing is designed to transform readers from starving artists fumbling to get by into working artists who confidently tap into all the resources at their disposal. Written in an engaging and down-to-earth tone, this comprehensive guide includes time-tested strategies, anecdotes from successful grant writers, and tips from grant officers and fun...more
Published December 14th 2010 by Watson-Guptill

To ask other readers questions about The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing

Leslie Reese
What I appreciated most about this book is that it is about so much more than grant writing! It is an energizing invitation for artists to advocate for one’s self and work. GiGi Rosenberg takes apart the whole process of conceptualizing creative projects and re-framing the details---not just to attract funders, but, also, to help the artist to stop walking around with nebulous aspirations that never grows legs or wings.
While there is plenty of singular work to be done, Rosenberg encourages the...more
Tracy
This book gives practical advice for applying for grants. It also left me inspired to fight for art.
Carla
A really great resource that transcends the basic "how to" on writing grant proposals to encompass wise advice on staying motivated as you advocate for the value of your work. Chapter 5's step by step guide to the proposal writing process has great tips on writing and kicking procrastination that you can keep in your back pocket even when not applying for grants. My favorite feature, however, is the wonderful annotated appendices that not only list several books and websites to guide you through...more
Stefanie Lubkowski
This book has great instructions, tips and resources for generating the kinds of material you need not just for grants, but for any promotion and advancement of your work. Best of all, among all the instructional material are lots of encouraging words.
Julie
Grant writing needn't be a chore, as Gigi Rosenberg proves with this book. The anecdotes and exercises that she includes are designed to tap into the natural creativity of artists, thus allowing them to gain the perspective necessary to define the value of their work and convey that to funders. Even dryer subjects like budgets spring to life under Rosenberg's warm, witty gaze. This book is a must-read for artists, grant writers, and funders.
Rachel
This book is fantastic -- not just for all of the grant-writing advice (which is in itself invaluable) but also because it really made me look at and think about my art and writing as a career in which to formulate plans and goals, and gives practical, useful advice on how to go about doing that. This is definitely a book that's going to live on my desk for awhile while I try to absorb all the passages I've highlighted.
Rebecca
Useful, friendly advice on all details of grant applications for artists of all types. Rosenberg makes a boring subject readable, and throws in lots of resources for even more info.
Sarah Key
A great introduction to grant writing. I have a feeling that I will be sharing this book with friends and inciting arguments with my tech writing teacher. It was refreshing to see Mary Syzbist along with several other Oregon writers quoted in Rosenberg's book.
Tj
I started knowing nothing about how to apply for an artist grant and now I know quite a bit more. At the very least I won't feel quite a foolish when I apply for my first grant. A good book for someone who is starting from scratch.
Paullette
Absolutely fantastic!!!
A.
A. marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Darlene Reilley
Darlene Reilley marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Alison Peacock
Alison Peacock marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Apr 28, 2014
Brieanna
Brieanna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Peter Miltz
Peter Miltz marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Kate Ann
Kate Ann marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing: How to Find Funds and Write Foolproof Proposals for the Visual, Literary, and Performance Artist Artist's Guide to Grant Writing The Maternal Is Political: Women Writers at the Intersection of Motherhood and Social Change