Start by marking “Emily (The Kirov Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Emily (The Kirov Saga, #3)

Emily (The Kirov Trilogy #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Though the granddaughter of an earl, Emily Paget is still a poor relation, living on the good graces and large estate of her aunt and uncle, but determined to earn her own living. This disgraceful ambition moves her aunt to take action: Emily must be married off respectably.

Onto the stage steps her Russian grandmother, who takes her back to Russia to find the freedom and i
Published December 1st 1993 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Emily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina SimonsAnna Karenina by Leo TolstoyDoctor Zhivago by Boris PasternakWar and Peace by Leo TolstoyTatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons
Historical Fiction: Russia
57th out of 165 books — 258 voters
Doctor Zhivago by Boris PasternakThe Gathering Wolves by Elizabeth DarrellThe Summer of the Barshinskeys by Diane PearsonThe Summer Day Is Done by Robert Tyler StevensEmily by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
Fiction Set During Russian Revolution
5th out of 16 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna
Emily is the final instalment in the Kirov trilogy. Each of these books deals with a different era in Russian history; Anna was set in the Napoleonic Wars, Fleur in the Crimean War, and Emily in the Russian Revolution.

As with all three books, Emily starts off in England. The poor relation, she is ‘saved’ by her visiting Russian grandmother who takes her off to the splendours of St Petersburg, where she marries the beautiful Basil. But what does his pretty face hide? And then there’s Alexei; old
Misfit
At fifteen, Emily Paget doesn't have many options to look forward to in life. Her father is the disgraced and disinherited second son of an earl and lives off his sister's charity. Emily is too well-born to take a career, yet too poor to attract a husband, although things start looking up when her Russian grandmother Natasha comes to England with the Russian Imperial court and takes a shine to Emily. Shortly after Natasha's departure, Emily receives a visit from the elderly Lady Hamilton (an old ...more
Hafiza
Lucille DeRogatis
This is the third book in the trlogy of the Kirov saga. I read all three, in order, and I found the plots to be very similar-- English girl meets Russian nobleman, falls in love then historical events intervene to complicate their lives. I like Cynthia Harrod Eagles and have read some of the books in the Moreland Saga. In both series, history drives the plot. I think that with Moreland, Ms. Harrod Eagles has much more to work with so the plots are richer and more varied. I mean, there are only s ...more
Margareth8537
Always fascinated by the Russian Revolution so enjoyed this more than her last. Still a bit slow in England, but once we get to war-torn Russia it really livens up.
MissyLynne
Okay storyline although I feel like I'm getting too much of a history lesson. As a fan of history I like the plot with the Russian Revolution but I feel like too much is being said about it and the going ons in Russia during the period.

More character action and less history less, please.
Marg
Thoroughly enjoyed this last entry in the Kirov saga. touched on all the major topics of 1910s like the suffragettes, the titanic, and more interestingly the build up to WWI as seen through the events that were happening in Russia at the time, and then the Bolshevik revolution.
Caitlin
I think Emily was my favorite heroine out of the three. A satisfying end to the trilogy. I just wish there had been a book before this one, bridging the gap.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
The title is the name of my childhood love, so of course i want to read it.
Francesca
Francesca marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Kyara Floris
Kyara Floris marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Meg - A Bookish Affair marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Scarlett O.H.
Scarlett O.H. marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Willie
Willie added it
Jul 16, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Quetzi Fernald
Quetzi Fernald marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Barbara Came
Barbara Came marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Nikki Marinelli
Nikki Marinelli marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Skittles97
Skittles97 marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Jennifer Shaus
Jennifer Shaus marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
  • Michael and Natasha: The Life and Love of Michael II, the Last of the Romanov Tsars
  • Tatiana's Table: Tatiana And Alexander's Life Of Food And Love
  • The women of Eden (Eden #4)
  • Alice in Exile
  • The Summer of the Barshinskeys
  • A Dark and Distant Shore
  • Catherine: Inside the Heart and Mind of a Great Monarch (The Volga Flows Forever)
  • Paint the Wind
  • Anastasia: The Riddle of Anna Anderson
  • The Summer Day Is Done
  • Oh, Kentucky!
  • Olivia And Jai
  • The Marriage of Meggotta
  • In Pale Battalions
  • Love Storm (Russian series/Kuzan Family, #2)
  • Between Love and Honor
  • Great Maria
  • When Love Commands
Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (aka Emma Woodhouse, Elizabeth Bennett)

Cynthia Harrod-Eagles was born on 13 August 1948 in Shepherd's Bush, London, England, where was educated at Burlington School, a girls' charity school founded in 1699, and at the University of Edinburgh and University College London, where she studied English, history and philosophy.

She had a variety of jobs in the commercial world, star
More about Cynthia Harrod-Eagles...

The Kirov Trilogy (3 books)
  • Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
  • Fleur (The Kirov Saga, #2)
The Founding (The Morland Dynasty, #1) The Dark Rose (The Morland Dynasty, #2) The Princeling (Morland Dynasty, #3) The Oak Apple (Morland Dynasty, #4) The Black Pearl (The Morland Dynasty, #5)