Start by marking “Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)
Preview

Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  261 ratings  ·  32 reviews
The first day at a new school is always the hardest, right? No, not always as George finds out the hard way. On the second day at...Sugarman Elementary School, he is suddenly seized by uncontrollable burps, burps so loud they practically break the sound barrier, burps that make him do wild and crazy stuff and land him in trouble with a capital T. One thing is for sure: the ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Super Burp!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Burp!

Renee
Apr 09, 2011 Renee rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd-4th
Shelves: childrens-funny
George Brown was the class clown at his old school, but after his family moves once again he vows to be a perfectly behaved student at his new school. However, George trips when dancing and sneezes his lunch everywhere. Later, when eating out with his parents, George wishes on a shooting star to make kids laugh, but not get into trouble. Somehow the first part of the wish comes true, but not the second. George occasionally burps and then does crazy things (like skateboarding through school.) Gra ...more
Kate Hastings
Grades 1-3. RL 550. George Brown moves to a new school and he is determined NOT to be a goofball and get in trouble with his teachers. Then he wishes on a shooting star "I wish I could make kids laugh, but not get in trouble." But only the 1st half comes true. Now he gets magical burps that well up inside of him and make him do crazy things. Kids are laughing... but he's getting into big trouble. My 1st grader cannot get enough of this! (as an aside-- George used to go to school with Katie Kazoo ...more
Cathy
I think 8-10 year old boys will like this book. George was known as the class clown at his last school, but wants to change things when his dad moves the family to a new army base. George really tries to behave, but when a super burp erupts from him without warning, his behavior seems to spiral out of control. He finds himself in the principal's office as usual. Will George be able to turn over a new leaf, or will he become the class clown once more? Read Super Burp to find out!
Alyssa
George Brown was the class clown at his old school but he decides he should change when he attends his new school. As George tries to change something takes over and George can't stop his antics. Follow George as he tries to make friends and stop being the class clown.

This book is great for young readers, especially boys who can relate to the character. Should keep readers entertained and laughing beginning to end.
Marcia
From the author of Katie Kazoo comes George Brown. The class clown plans to turn over a new leaf at his new school, but super burps are taking over and he can't control himself. Sure to hit the funny bone of 6 and 7 year old beginning readers or mIddle grade reluctant readers. Another choice for the Captain Underpants crowd.
Kristen
Kids with impulse control problems or other troubles adjusting to the school environment will really relate to this main character, who is trying to turn over a new leaf and exhibit good behavior at his new school. Unfortunately, he's been cursed with the Super Burp, which is not only very loud, but also initiates a short period of time when he loses control and does crazy things for laughs, like skateboarding through the school hallway. These brief episodes are totally beyond his control, which ...more
Christine Crawford
This book includes themes of making friends and self-control, but even more about skateboarding and giant magical burps. I think my 7-year-old is going to love it.
Rick Budding
George has this problem....his super-sized burps make him act completely goofy! With Christmas around the corner there are all kinds of situations arising when George really should not be acting so out-of-control. He's tried a number of ways to stop his burping--mustard, somersaulting--but they just keep coming up at the wrong time. Further complications arise when Kevin, George's best friend from his old school, comes over to visit and George has to figure out how to be a friend to Kevin and hi ...more
Kristi
With all three.
Feb 02, 2011 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Evan
Evan & I read this together. I think the title alone got him interested. George is starting at a new school and decides to be different than he was in his old school. In his new school, he wants to behave himself, not be the class clown like before. That doesn't work out so well for him. I'm sure Evan liked the story more than I did since burps don't make me giggle, but I thought it was ok.
Luanne Hatcher
This is the first book in a new spin-off series from the Katie Switcheroo stories by Nancy Krulik. George Brown, a class clown, has moved away and is trying hard to be a new, improved George. He doesn't want to be a class clown anymore or get into trouble. He wants to make friends in his new school, So far, it's been a challenge. I liked it. It was a fun read and boys will enjoy it's silliness.
Sydney
its about George had a bad day at school so his parents took him to a ice cream place he saw a shooting star and he made a wish he said i wish i could be funny but not get in trouble so the next day he burped really loud and did crazy things and he got in trouble.so he has to try to stop burping.
Tammy Kesteloot
Reading this book with my 7 year old. So far Andrew and I really like it.

6-27-11 drew and I really laughed out loud during this book. I read him several chapters a week for bedtimes. It was a fun story about being in a new school and making new friends. Drew loved it!
Jana
Pretty cute book. Listened to it as a family while driving around town. Got some good laughs out of it. What bothered me most about this book was the abrupt ending. I didn't realize it was wrapping up, and then BAM the end. Still a fun book, though.
Pamela
2nd-3rd grade boys will love the George Brown series. They are gross enough for boys to like but not so terrible that moms dislike them. Nancy Krulik's "Katie Kazoo" series is great for girls.
Jamie
A good read for primary schoolers or struggling readers who enjoy a bit of crass humor every now and again. Then again, who doesn't enjoy a bit of crass humor every now and again?
Rinda
This book is one I listened to with the kids in the car to and from daycare. We laughed outloud at some of the parts.
Teri
I think this series is great for boys, may be able to interest those nonreaders. Olivia and I read four of them this summer.
Ray

A fun little read. Great short chapter book/series for those kids wanting to start reading chapter books.
Tina
Read to my 4 and 5 year old. They really enjoyed this early reader chapter book. Definitely fun for boys.
Grrrr
disguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusting
Marian
Leah (9) read this to her brother(5). Leah thought it was just "ok" but Charlie really enjoyed it.
Caren
All about burping. Dumb, but maybe some boys would like it. Nothing really offensive.
Nora
Spin-off of Katie Kazoo series. Humorous Beginner Chapter book series.
Holly Hudson
I thought this book was funny! I'm sure that boys would enjoy this story!
Jenn
It was very cute story and both of my boys really enjoyed it.
Tina Lowen
Fun book with a humor that boys, especially, will appreciate.
Natalie
Jul 27, 2012 Natalie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I think george brown when moving from school
Karen
Sooo funny! The boys loved it!
Hen
I LOVE IT!
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Mascot Madness! (Schooling Around!)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Frankly, Frannie (Frankly, Frannie #1)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition
  • Jake Drake, Bully Buster
  • Jasper John Dooley: Star of the Week
  • School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters (Justin Case, #1)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero (Quality))
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Uranium Unicorns from Uranus (Ricky Ricotta, #7)
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
  • The Crazy Case of Missing Thunder (Goofballs #1)
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • The Adventures of Sir Lancelot the Great (Knights' Tales, #1)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...

George Brown, Class Clown (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Trouble Magnet (George Brown, Class Clown, #2)
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • What's Black and White and Stinks All Over? (George Brown, Class Clown, #4)
  • Wet and Wild! (George Brown, Class Clown, #5)
  • Help! I'm Stuck in a Giant Nostril! (George Brown, Class Clown, #6)
  • Attack of the Tighty Whities! (George Brown, Class Clown, #7)
  • Hey! Who Stole the Toilet? (George Brown, Class Clown, #8)
  • Dance Your Pants Off! (George Brown, Class Clown, #9)
  • Three Burps and You're Out! (George Brown, Class Clown, #10)
  • Eww! What's on My Shoe? (George Brown, Class Clown, #11)
Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1) Madame President Ripped at the Seams She's Got the Beat Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)