Start by marking “Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners” as Want to Read:
Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
'New Testament Greek' is an essential tool for students who are studying Greek. It is written by an expert: Gresham Machen.This book provides a strong foundation for learning the language used throughout most of the Scriptures.* It is a practical book, rather than theory.* Ideal for those who are starting to learn the language.
Published April 7th 2003 by Vida Publishers (first published 1923)

Be the first to ask a question about Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Joshua Centanni
Jun 13, 2016 Joshua Centanni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: languages
Not a huge fan. Mounce, Black, Croy... the list of those who are more helpful goes on and on.
Ron
Sep 16, 2008 Ron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
Excellent resource. I don't recommend trying to teach yourself Greek--or any other language--but it is a great adjunct to the study. And very helpful for understanding NT Greek once you have the basics.
Justin Magdellini
May 13, 2016 Justin Magdellini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greek
Machen is a great writer and that even comes out here in his instruction of Koine Greek. His ability to edit and only give you what is essential and absolutely necessary is refreshing. My only complaint is that there's (at least in this edition) no answer key to facilitate self-learning. I would recommend working in conjunction with a second grammar; preferably one that provides answers to the exercises. However, Machen's ability to communicate troubling and difficult concepts like subjunctives, ...more
Glenn
Feb 26, 2016 Glenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit dated, but still a very helpful grammar.
Ray
Jan 17, 2008 Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I found this more challenging than the text we used in my seminary classes (Hewett), but it is worth it if you have the motivation. Work through the whole grammar and you can sight-read koine Greek. Its tough and its grammar, but you can see hints of why Machen's Greek courses at Princeton in the 20s were so popular with the students. He is passionate about the language, its importance and its beauty.
William Dicks
I cut my teeth on Machen's greek text 25 years ago. It is a good text, and it follows the traditional methods of teaching the language.

Now that I am once again trying to renew my knowledge of greek, I am using Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek.
Terence
Jan 21, 2008 Terence rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Oh man I spent years with this book. Great Resource. Liked Efird's much better. But this is a pretty solid book on Greek.
Sarah Gothold
Apr 21, 2007 Sarah Gothold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: masochists
this is one to read, re-read and definately read aloud to the kids.
Rebecca
Mar 22, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Still learning Greek, but "done" with this book.
Jackie G.
Jun 04, 2013 Jackie G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to understand presentation!
John
Dec 11, 2008 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: students of the Greek New Testament
Recommended to John by: Dr. John Warwick Montgomery
This book caused many hours of both pain and passion when I was using it as a textbook for a Beginning new Testament Greek class in seminary.
I have referred to it many times since them when trying to understand a passage in the greek New Testament.

I will never forget Dr. John Warwick Montgomery - eminenet scholar and author, making us recite the Greek New Testament while he tickled us, in order to get us to be able to remember it no matter what. :)
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Randall Reed
Randall Reed rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Roger
Roger is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2016
Jake Ayrton
Jake Ayrton marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Miguel
Miguel rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Richard Bacon
Richard Bacon rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Sarah Simpson
Sarah Simpson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Hill marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Jahva
Jahva rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Alexa Burks
Alexa Burks marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Jeff Short
Jeff Short marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Henry
Henry marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Jerry Davis
Jerry Davis rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Brennick
Brennick rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
  • Commentary on Romans
  • Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament
  • A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament
  • The Gospel of Luke
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • The Book of the Acts
  • The First Epistle to the Corinthians
  • Genesis 1-15 (Word Biblical Commentary #1)
  • Backgrounds of Early Christianity
John Gresham Machen was an influential American Presbyterian theologian in the early 20th century. He was the Professor of New Testament at Princeton Seminary between 1915 and 1929, and led a conservative revolt against modernist theology at Princeton and formed Westminster Seminary as a more orthodox alternative. This split was irreconcilable, and Machen led others to form the Orthodox Presbyteri ...more
More about J. Gresham Machen...