Start by marking “Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners” as Want to Read:
Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  8 reviews
'New Testament Greek' is an essential tool for students who are studying Greek. It is written by an expert: Gresham Machen.This book provides a strong foundation for learning the language used throughout most of the Scriptures.* It is a practical book, rather than theory.* Ideal for those who are starting to learn the language.
Published April 7th 2003 by Vida Publishers (first published 1923)

Be the first to ask a question about Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Excellent resource. I don't recommend trying to teach yourself Greek--or any other language--but it is a great adjunct to the study. And very helpful for understanding NT Greek once you have the basics.
I have to say I found this more challenging than the text we used in my seminary classes (Hewett), but it is worth it if you have the motivation. Work through the whole grammar and you can sight-read koine Greek. Its tough and its grammar, but you can see hints of why Machen's Greek courses at Princeton in the 20s were so popular with the students. He is passionate about the language, its importance and its beauty.
William Dicks
I cut my teeth on Machen's greek text 25 years ago. It is a good text, and it follows the traditional methods of teaching the language.

Now that I am once again trying to renew my knowledge of greek, I am using Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek.
Oh man I spent years with this book. Great Resource. Liked Efird's much better. But this is a pretty solid book on Greek.
Sarah Gothold
Apr 21, 2007 Sarah Gothold rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: masochists
this is one to read, re-read and definately read aloud to the kids.
Still learning Greek, but "done" with this book.
Jackie G.
Easy to understand presentation!
Dec 11, 2008 John rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: students of the Greek New Testament
Recommended to John by: Dr. John Warwick Montgomery
This book caused many hours of both pain and passion when I was using it as a textbook for a Beginning new Testament Greek class in seminary.
I have referred to it many times since them when trying to understand a passage in the greek New Testament.

I will never forget Dr. John Warwick Montgomery - eminenet scholar and author, making us recite the Greek New Testament while he tickled us, in order to get us to be able to remember it no matter what. :)
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Josh marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Zach Boyle
Zach Boyle marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Rowena Morin
Rowena Morin marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Kai marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Jess marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Burke Fielder
Burke Fielder marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Juna marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Ryan marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
  • Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament
  • The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
  • Backgrounds of Early Christianity
  • A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • How We Got the Bible
  • Genesis 1-15 (Word Biblical Commentary #1)
  • Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction
  • Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels: A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship
  • Old Testament Survey: The Message, Form, and Background of the Old Testament
  • More Than Conquerors
  • A History of Christianity Volume 2: Reformation to the Present (AD 1500 - AD 1975)
John Gresham Machen was an influential American Presbyterian theologian in the early 20th century. He was the Professor of New Testament at Princeton Seminary between 1915 and 1929, and led a conservative revolt against modernist theology at Princeton and formed Westminster Seminary as a more orthodox alternative. This split was irreconcilable, and Machen led others to form the Orthodox Presbyteri ...more
More about J. Gresham Machen...