Start by marking “Upgrade U” as Want to Read:
Upgrade U

Upgrade U

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  757 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Life is poppin' and seventeen-year-old Seven McKnight is rockin' Stiles University's hottest baller, Josiah Whitaker, on her arm when it all falls apart. With groupies threatening her basketball wife status and Josiah's dreams of the NBA blowing up his ego, Seven finds herself in a tailspin. . .should she stay or leave?

In steps the unbelievably fine sophomore heartthrob, Z
Published March 1st 2011 by Kensington -Teen/Dafina (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Upgrade U, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upgrade U

Whore by Tanika LynchThe Bitch is Back by Deja KingUpgrade U by Ni-Ni SimoneNatural Born Hustler by Nikki TurnerThong on Fire by Noire
the darkest child
3rd out of 21 books — 16 voters
Sister Sister by Babygirl DanielsShortie Like Mine by Ni-Ni SimoneTeenage Love Affair by Ni-Ni SimoneAfter by Amy EfawPut Your Diamonds Up by Ni-Ni Simone
MY BOOKS FROM 2012
9th out of 72 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Akeirah Jordan
i love Ni-Ni Simone books, they relate to teenage lifes. i love the way she adds the song lyrics to the top of the page, based off of how the main character is feeling. great book !
Adrianna Foreman
Upgrade U By: Ni-Ni Simone
Published: 2011
Young Adult Fiction

This book is very interesting and many different people can relate to this book. The book "Upgrade U" is about a girl named Seven, who's on her way off to college with her best friend. As they get there, they met their their roommate Khya, then they headed out to the parties!!!!! The parties begin and then Seven finds out who her boyfriend Josiah really is. While Seven and Josiah go through whatever they're going through, Seven begins
Kanesha Lawson
Aug 24, 2013 Kanesha Lawson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: seniors in high school
Recommended to Kanesha by: my friend who also loves the series
Shelves: teen-obsesion
Martha Bangura
Simone's purpose in writing her book,Upgrade U,is to give her audience an insight on the fun aspects of college life. Upgrade U offer hope to it readers. It teaches us about the emotional struggles that females teenagers go through. Upgrade U is truly inspirational. It leaves a lasting impression in the mind of its readers.it's no surprise why this book and all of her other books have so much popularity.

Upgrade U is extremely well written. The story is very easy to read,but still offers an hum
Emma
Upgrade U is about the life of a former high school student, Seven McKnight, who gets a whiff of what college life is like. Seven enjoyed the idea at first, but had no idea about the emotional struggles she would soon go through. Ni-Ni Simone’s purpose of writing this book was to entertain young adult audiences. It gives details on the fun aspects of college life, while incorporating drama which everyone loves to read about. Simone also touches base on struggles that teenage females face daily. ...more
Amanda Yeargin
Seven goes to Stiles U. She just started and feels like she finally has freedom. When she goes to visit her boyfriend in his dorm she catches him talking to a girl. Sh ehas her suspsions but tries to get over it. Meanwhile she met a guy who seems great but she is still tied to Josiah. Finally she realizes Josiah was cheating. So she goes off with he another guy, but its not a whole fairytale..
Adrianne Miller
I have read all of Ni-Ni Simone's books and this was my absolute favorite. This book was just amazing thats the only way i can put it. If you have already read shortie like mine you need to make sure you read this if you enjoyed that book. I give this book an overall thumbs up, must read.
Would I recommend:yes
Jasmine
"Upgrade U" was a sequel to a previous book i read called "shorty like mine". i must admit upgrade U was even better than the first book and i loved the first one. i highly recommened this book for anyone that loves drama, romance, and talking to theirself as if their talking to the characters!
Kim
some interesting characters, but they felt too predictable-- not complex. most of the book is the main character wavering between two men.
Delonya
Highly recommended YA book. Ni-Ni Simone provides powerful lessons for our young ladies in a voice that they can easily relate to!
African Americans on the Move Book Club
If your teen is looking for comedy, juicy love stories, and hard life lessons in a novel, look no further – Ni Ni Simone delivers! The interaction between characters, Shae, Khya, and Seven is riveting. These three ladies are college freshmen excited about what the environment of higher education has to offer. Khya is constantly going from one boy to next in hope of landing a well-paid, professional athlete husband. Shae is steadfast on strengthening her relationship with the campus radio DJ. Sev ...more
Jolisa
So far i like this book. It caught my attention when i started to get in to it. Because it sort of related to me and my boy friend. Upgrade U is like a life check to make sure you in the right zone. For me, it was like a girl is struggling to keep her man with her, but he is doing her wrong. So a new, fresh guy comes into the picture and liek a taste of fresh air comes in and whips her away. Tryna stay one dude is complicated enough so jsut move on. This is almost similar to what i was going thr ...more
Brauna
Upgrade U was a book about a young girl named Seven that went to college with her bestfriend Shae and her boyfriend Josiah in New Orleans. The book was about teen drama, Seven had problems wit her boyfriend since high school. She found out he wascheating than left him after denying it for a little while. Alot of drama happened in this book she almost lost her bestfriend and she lost her boyfriend. But she didnt sit around and mope, she met someone new and moved on.

I really loved this book. I re
Frances
The first half of the book was just really frustrating and LITERALLY gave me a headache. I couldn't stand Seven with all her whining and cowardly ways, but THANK GOD she FINALLY grew a backbone. Now I'm wondering if this is it for her or if there's another book about her. Research time, although I really hope this is it for her.
Tyler
Jartima
I Love you Seven you are very funny it your book's i like the way that you are a teenager and going thought some thing's in life ... you are 17 year's old and very smart, in the book ...... i like it when Ni-Ni put the song at the top of the page of a new chapter and your book ''shortie like mine i LOVEEEEE IT ... thank you sooo for this book Ni-Ni because some teenager's go thought the same thing or something like that i love you seven and Ni-Ni <3 <3 <3 !!!!!
Maya Copelin
I absolutely love ni ni Simone books because she is an amazing writer that can relate to people my age. if I could talk to her I would tell her to keep up the good work!! and keep writing books for us!!
zoe
Danielle
I definitely enjoyed this book more than her others. It's much more relatable, for Sevyn isn't an annoying teenage girl anymore. She's come to New Orleans for College and is faced with the troubles of balancing school, friendships, and relationships (in a much more realistic way). The characters act their age, with the exception of one extremely flamboyant and unnecessary Courtney.

In this book of the series Sevyn has to cope with the fact that she may be drifting away from her Prince Charming,
Tyneen Haywood
the book upgrade you by ni-ni simone is a very, i mean very good book. i recommend this book to anyone out of any ages.it would have you laughing,crying and having all types of emotions why you read it. the book is so realstic. the book is about a girl name seven, yes her name is seven but she is going to college and she has a high school sweetheart that she loves deeply and wonts to make it through college with. and im not going to tell you the whole book but what i will tell you is that you wi ...more
Porsche Anderson
I really liked the book because I liked what it was about and it was really interesting to me.
Theaisa C.
Its a lot of drama
Armonie
i forgot it
Glam
Seven, Cousin Shake and Lil Bootsy are in the Big Easy Bey Be...Doing the Big Easy bounce trying to catch The Wall... I Really enjoyed this novel and it is the perfect read for you adults on up to parents. Nini Simone takes us on a Stiles u college Tour with the ups downs and bumps in the Freshmen Year of College. You will really love this book and will not be able to put it down.
Glam
Mar 26, 2011 Glam added it
Recommends it for: Yes
Quela
Seven Mckinght and her best friend Shai is gone off to college. Josiah, Seven's boyfriend is cheating but when he gets caught he soaking up to her sayinq that "All i want is you." Big Counrty, Shai's boyfriend is always throwing parties. Seven and Shai's has a new roomate and she's still not over her Ex so she comepares Seven and Josiah's relationship.
Maricka
Upgrade U is like a life check to make sure you in the right zone. For me, it was like a girl is struggling to keep her man with her, but he is doing her wrong. So a new, fresh dude comes into the picture and liek a taste of fresh air comes in and whips her away. Tryna stay one dude is complicated enough so jsut move on.
Kim
After reading Teenage Love Affair, I felt this book was too similar to that one. Girl in relationship with boy who cheats. Girl meets another boy and falls in love with him. Cousin Shake and Courtney made the story enjoyable for me. I would love to see these 2 characters have stories of their own.
Nicole
Love this. But I hated how Josiah treated Seven. She seen the signs & didn't want to believe he was cheating on her. Then she gets with Zaire & he treats her right, but manages to mess up. & she forgives him after awhile. But I won't spoil anymore of the book. Great read. ...more
Upgrade U, by Ni-Ni Simone 1 5 Nov 16, 2013 05:33PM
  • Lesson Learned (Keysha, #3)
  • The Pledge
  • 16 Isn't Always Sweet
  • Fast Forward (Kenisha Lewis, #2)
  • The Meltdown (Drama High, #13)
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • 16 on the Block
  • Doing My Own Thing (Fab Life, #3)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
Shortie Like Mine If I Was Your Girl A Girl Like Me Teenage Love Affair No Boyz Allowed