Making Contact

Making Contact

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Everyone knows that love can turn your world upside down, but it can also be literally out of this world! In this selection of M/M science fiction short stories, there's romance among the shooting stars, love that matches the glory of the spheres, and passion that burns like the largest of suns, and making first contact takes on a whole new meaning.
Published August 2nd 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published August 2010)

Jaya
SlashReader: This is one of those anthologies that I both loved and hated. I liked the range and variety of ideas that existed between its pages. However, it was one of those that struck me as really simply being all about the sex. The forgone conclusion in each story was the fact that characters were going to jump each other. While I do not mind reading such thing, I find anthologies in which all the stories are only there for the sex, tire some. But, there are plenty of people out there who wo...more
Julesmarie
My new favorite M/M anthology!

I was astounded at the worlds and the characters these authors were able to create in such short works.

I like to buy anthologies so I can have shorter stories to read before bed--so I won't stay up too late unable to put down whatever book I'm reading. That totally backfired with this anthology! Each story was so good, I didn't want to stop, and ended up finishing the whole thing way too fast.

One of my favorite things was the beautiful diversity among all of the sto...more
kasjo_peja
One of the very, very few anthologies I've read from the beginning till the end. That in itself is a testament of its quality. Imaginative, funny, engaging, moving... there wasn't a story there I didn't like. Their rating ranged from 4 (Better Than Cola by JL Merrow) to 5.5 (Revolving Realities by Cari Z. and The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala).
I can't think of another m\m anthology, apart from Sindustry I & II, that I enjoyed so much.
Sue Brown
Jan 02, 2011 Sue Brown rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It was the first book I contributed to, but I had to rate it. I loved the other stories, particular Cornelia Grey.
Paris
UPDATE: I finally did it. I finished it. It's been a struggle, but yesterday I read the last story, which is actually the best story of them all (Ganymede's Honor by Cornelia Grey). The other two that I can say I kinda liked are Alone by Andrea Speed and The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala.

Short stories are harder to write. You need to squeeze a full story onto few pages. Let's see how this anthology turned out. I will review as I read. Here we go:

1) BETTER THAN COLA by JL Merrow
It's so short that I...more
Andi
I feel a little odd about reviewing this anthology, since I have a story in it. But leaving that one uncommented upon, I thought this anthology was really great. I have not read a lot in the sci-fi area of m/m romance, although I've always been a big sci-fi fan in general, so I was delighted to find that the stories in this anthology stack up extremely well qua science fiction, as well as qua m/m romance.

The stories cover a lot of territory--from the difficulties of adapting to alien cultures, t...more
Neyjour

[science fiction / horror / action]

Feral by K.R. Foster: ★★★
[science fa...more
T.A. Webb
Very lovely stories. Best of which is The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala. There are ten stories included in this anthology and all show the writers as skilled and imaginative. Love hate lust and passion show up in surprising ways. I read this book late at night with no interruptions and only a reading lamp on in my house. Some stories left me satisfied and some stayed with me. The Monsters Below was worth the price of admission by itself. While the premise of each of these stories is alien and human...more
Violet Hilton
A very solid anthology - only wish I hadn't been impatient and had bought the paperback version. Enjoyed all of the stories, though didn't quite connect on an emotional level with the character in Feral.

The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala deserves special mention as it brought me to tears in the best way possible. This story was one of the most perfectly written tales I've had the pleasure of reading. The characters, the pacing, the action, the world building and the overall storytelling blew me awa...more
Alison
I absolutely loved it and could not put it down.

Every story was different and well written, some almost going back the the style of the original sci-fi writers where what you thought would or should happen didn't, or caused something unexpected.

Sue Brown's "The Sacrifice" was wonderful (she was the reason I actually picked it up after debating it for months), and I will definately be re-reading the anthology a time or three in the future.

It's a must read for any sci-fi lovers and I would recomm...more
BTina
The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala - 3 stars
Feral by K.R. Foster - 2 stars
Ganymede’s Honor by Cornelia Grey - 3,8 stars
Clover
all the stories were great, but the "Monster" one was really creepy. I still have mixed feelings about the way the story ends.
I hope all the authors will continue to write :)
Melanie

Rating: 4.25 to 4.5 stars

Great anthology

Read my review at http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords... on 9/20/2012
Kiki
some very good stories, some very so-so stories
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Paul Mclaughlan
Paul Mclaughlan marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
C.J.
C.J. marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Vinifera
Vinifera marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Shinn
Shinn marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Adrienne -kocham czytać- is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2014
  • The Care and Feeding of Demons
  • Wishing on a Blue Star
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Cross Bones
  • Curious?: A Woman's Introduction to Gay Romance (includes: Ryan & Scott, #1)
  • Torqued Tales
  • Bedknobs & Beanstalks: Anthology of Gay Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Hell Cop
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Reflections of Love
  • Magic & Mischief
  • Tea and Crumpet
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Caging the Beast (Creations, #4)