Start by marking “Making Contact” as Want to Read:
Making Contact

Making Contact

Everyone knows that love can turn your world upside down, but it can also be literally out of this world! In this selection of M/M science fiction short stories, there's romance among the shooting stars, love that matches the glory of the spheres, and passion that burns like the largest of suns, and making first contact takes on a whole new meaning.
Published August 2nd 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published August 2010)

SlashReader: This is one of those anthologies that I both loved and hated. I liked the range and variety of ideas that existed between its pages. However, it was one of those that struck me as really simply being all about the sex. The forgone conclusion in each story was the fact that characters were going to jump each other. While I do not mind reading such thing, I find anthologies in which all the stories are only there for the sex, tire some. But, there are plenty of people out there who wo ...more
kasjo_peja
One of the very, very few anthologies I've read from the beginning till the end. That in itself is a testament of its quality. Imaginative, funny, engaging, moving... there wasn't a story there I didn't like. Their rating ranged from 4 (Better Than Cola by JL Merrow) to 5.5 (Revolving Realities by Cari Z. and The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala).
I can't think of another m\m anthology, apart from Sindustry I & II, that I enjoyed so much.
Julesmarie
Nov 25, 2012 Julesmarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, sci-fi, anthologies
My new favorite M/M anthology!

I was astounded at the worlds and the characters these authors were able to create in such short works.

I like to buy anthologies so I can have shorter stories to read before bed--so I won't stay up too late unable to put down whatever book I'm reading. That totally backfired with this anthology! Each story was so good, I didn't want to stop, and ended up finishing the whole thing way too fast.

One of my favorite things was the beautiful diversity among all of the sto
Neyjour

[science fiction / horror / action]

Feral by K.R. Foster: ★★★
[science fa
Liz (Bugetta)
This only reviews the first three stories since that's as far as I got before it disappeared from Scibd (I think it's out of print now).
Better Than Cola by JL Merrow was odd, but I really liked Revolving Realities by Cari Z. and The Sacrifice by Sue Brown. Wish I'd gotten to read the rest, especially Lyn Gala's story. I hope she self-publishes it. :)
Sue Brown
Jan 02, 2011 Sue Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It was the first book I contributed to, but I had to rate it. I loved the other stories, particular Cornelia Grey.
Paris
Aug 13, 2011 Paris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kindle
UPDATE: I finally did it. I finished it. It's been a struggle, but yesterday I read the last story, which is actually the best story of them all (Ganymede's Honor by Cornelia Grey). The other two that I can say I kinda liked are Alone by Andrea Speed and The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala.

Short stories are harder to write. You need to squeeze a full story onto few pages. Let's see how this anthology turned out. I will review as I read. Here we go:

1) BETTER THAN COLA by JL Merrow
It's so short that I
Andi
Aug 12, 2010 Andi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eros-rising
I feel a little odd about reviewing this anthology, since I have a story in it. But leaving that one uncommented upon, I thought this anthology was really great. I have not read a lot in the sci-fi area of m/m romance, although I've always been a big sci-fi fan in general, so I was delighted to find that the stories in this anthology stack up extremely well qua science fiction, as well as qua m/m romance.

The stories cover a lot of territory--from the difficulties of adapting to alien cultures, t
Driima
Tough one because some stories I liked - others not so much.
Better Than Cola by J.L. Merrow: ★★ (very special because of the alien species chosen, started out very promising but unfortunaty continued without a plot I was able to enjoy)(view spoiler)
Revolving Realities by Cari Z.: ★★★ (actually a nice story, just felt too short for this kind of plot)
The Sacrifice by Sue Brown: ★★★ (nice little story)
Alone by Andrea S
Justme
Jul 26, 2016 Justme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great collection! Some were too short to be a story, more of a snipet, sadly, but most were complete & good reads.

Better Than Cola by JL Merrow 4.4* wanted more (snipet).
Revolving Realities by Cari Z 4.8* complete story, good read.
The Sacrifice by S Brown 4.8* complete w/twist; I liked this one.
Alone by A Speed 4* snipet unsatisfying.
Losing Sight of the Shore by E Moreton 4.4* lotsa sex.
Gifted in Tongues by JL Merrow 4* no substance; really not my thing.
Analytic Geometry by A Deacon
T.A. Webb
Oct 13, 2011 T.A. Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very lovely stories. Best of which is The Monsters Below by Lyn Gala. There are ten stories included in this anthology and all show the writers as skilled and imaginative. Love hate lust and passion show up in surprising ways. I read this book late at night with no interruptions and only a reading lamp on in my house. Some stories left me satisfied and some stayed with me. The Monsters Below was worth the price of admission by itself. While the premise of each of these stories is alien and human ...more
Alison
Dec 26, 2010 Alison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved it and could not put it down.

Every story was different and well written, some almost going back the the style of the original sci-fi writers where what you thought would or should happen didn't, or caused something unexpected.

Sue Brown's "The Sacrifice" was wonderful (she was the reason I actually picked it up after debating it for months), and I will definately be re-reading the anthology a time or three in the future.

It's a must read for any sci-fi lovers and I would recomm
BTina

Great anthology

Read my review at http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords... on 9/20/2012
Kiki
Oct 08, 2010 Kiki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
some very good stories, some very so-so stories
Clover
Aug 09, 2010 Clover rated it really liked it
all the stories were great, but the "Monster" one was really creepy. I still have mixed feelings about the way the story ends.
I hope all the authors will continue to write :)
Barry
Barry rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2011
No rated it did not like it
May 02, 2017
Xan
Xan rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Vayld
Vayld rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Shelley Dodge
Shelley Dodge rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Lisiczka
Lisiczka rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2011
Katyna
Katyna rated it it was ok
May 13, 2014
Pynche
Pynche rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Myths and Magic: Legends of Love
  • Wild Passions
  • Games In The Dark
  • Hell Cop
  • Cross Bones
  • The Care and Feeding of Demons (Adrian and Trent #2)
  • Wishing on a Blue Star
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Curious?: A Woman's Introduction to Gay Romance
  • Torqued Tales: Twisted Fairytales
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Far from Home
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • Magic and Mischief
  • British Flash: A revealing collection of short LGBT fiction
  • Just One Bite: Volume One (Just One Bite, #1)
  • Wishes