Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The "Complete Idiot's Guide" contains easy-to-follow coverage of all of Jewish history, including profiles of Biblical, religious, and political leaders, such as Abraham, Moses, King David, and Golda Meir.
Published December 1st 1998 by Alpha Books

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

Anna
I learned so much from this book. I couldn't even begin to tell everything. I learn that I will never you the cheer hip hip hooray, this being a slander toward the jews, who knew. This book is great for non-jews wanting to know more about who jews are and our history. I would highly recommend this to my non jewish friends as well to my jewish ones as well. What an eye opener.
Lauren
A very good overview with a lot of history, specifics, explanatory material, background, etc. Anecdotes, definitions, descriptions of the different traditions under the umbrella of Judaism... Good even if you're not a complete idiot.
Rach
This book was amazing! I learnt alot about the history of the Jewish culture - which helped me to understand mine too! I also learnt about many famous Jewish people in American society particularly.

Elisa Kay

Amuela
I've got the second edition
Warren R Martel III
Warren R Martel III marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Gene Wiggins
Gene Wiggins marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jackie C. Keiffer
Jackie C. Keiffer marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Yiling
Yiling marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jewish by Choice
Jewish by Choice marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
vina manghera jones
vina manghera jones marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jess Fletcher
Jess Fletcher is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2014
Michelle Prinzo
Michelle Prinzo marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Paitsgreekgirl
Paitsgreekgirl marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Joanna Firth
Joanna Firth marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Mathias
Mathias marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Behzad
Behzad marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Asher Milstein
Asher Milstein marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
David
David added it
Jan 26, 2014
Jason Sherman
Jason Sherman marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Whatamichoppedliver
Whatamichoppedliver marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Sistine Secrets The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Judaism The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Yiddish If God Is Good, Why Is the World So Bad? Understanding Judaism: The Basics of Deed and Creed