Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

The "Complete Idiot's Guide" contains easy-to-follow coverage of all of Jewish history, including profiles of Biblical, religious, and political leaders, such as Abraham, Moses, King David, and Golda Meir.
Published December 1st 1998 by Alpha Books

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture

Anna
Aug 06, 2009 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned so much from this book. I couldn't even begin to tell everything. I learn that I will never you the cheer hip hip hooray, this being a slander toward the jews, who knew. This book is great for non-jews wanting to know more about who jews are and our history. I would highly recommend this to my non jewish friends as well to my jewish ones as well. What an eye opener.
Lauren
Feb 19, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good overview with a lot of history, specifics, explanatory material, background, etc. Anecdotes, definitions, descriptions of the different traditions under the umbrella of Judaism... Good even if you're not a complete idiot.
Rach
This book was amazing! I learnt alot about the history of the Jewish culture - which helped me to understand mine too! I also learnt about many famous Jewish people in American society particularly.

Elisa Kay

Amuela
Jan 22, 2013 Amuela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've got the second edition
Mehmet
Mehmet rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Rick Cramer
Rick Cramer marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Aaron Carlberg
Aaron Carlberg rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Leni
Leni marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Mathew Biltonen
Mathew Biltonen is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2016
Tamara
Tamara added it
Feb 19, 2016
Margie Werner
Margie Werner marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Dianne Peters
Dianne Peters rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Maureen Stojack
Maureen Stojack rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Marty
Marty rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Liz Cook
Liz Cook rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Benjamin Blech, born in Zurich in 1933, is an Orthodox rabbi who now lives in New York City.

Rabbi Blech has been a Professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University since 1966, and was the Rabbi of Young Israel of Oceanside for 37 years. In addition to his work in the rabbinate, Rabbi Blech has written many books on Judaism and the Jewish people and speaks on Jewish topics to communities around the world.
More about Benjamin Blech...