Start by marking “Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial” as Want to Read:
Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial

Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Before he was captain of Moya, the strangest and most exciting ship in the Uncharted Territories, Ka D'Argo tried to live a life of domestic bliss. But life with a Sebacean woman and their hybrid son soon proved treacherous with the Peacekeepers keeping a close watch on the family. Revealed for the first time, witness the origin story of one of Farscape's most beloved char

Published February 1st 2011 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial

Andrew
I'll start things off with my final recommendation: if you're a Farscape fan, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. For people who like scifi - it's also a great read, although the ending falls a little flat.

This is a story told in flashbacks - the 'present time' is during the TV series, during a short period when D'Argo leaves Moya and her crew. We get to discover how he met his wife, and, in excruciating detail, how he came to be on Moya.

It was good to finally have this story told - we had h
Bludhaven
In the series fans only got very short glimpses of D'argos life with his Sebacean wife. This is the story how he and Lo'Laan met, after he had been hospitalized after battle. He has to leave the Luxan army, they fall in love and try to built a life as farmers on a Sebeacan planet.

Of course, all this leads up to the story that was already shown on TV: Lo'Laan is killed and D'Argo is framed and imprissoned for her murder.

The art is very beautiful and vibrant, D'Argo is very in character, but all i
Amanda
I re-read all of these in the summer while blitzkrieging for a game. I still find myself feeling about the same for the Farscape franchize comics/graphic novels as I ever did. They are sometimes well written, but the art is really sad (because I just love the show and actors so much). Some of the stories meander too much, and Aeryn's ending still gets to me in a way where I don't absolutely agree that's where she should have ended up. But it was a fun summer reread.
Michael
It's always great to get backstory, and what's even better is when it's "official" backstory. So in that regard, and because Farscape can really do no wrong, I enjoyed this. I just really really really wish they would throw DeCandido out the window, because he is a terrible terrible writer. The "narration" parts being in the second person was stupid and smacked more of Choose Your Own Adventure than the best science fiction series ever.
Matt Thomas
On a quest to find his wife, Lo'Lann's murderer, we learn about what happened to D'Argo through a series of flashbacks: how they met and fell in love, the prejudice they experienced, the birth of their son Jothi, Lo'Lann's brother's hatred of the whole thing, the murder, the escape of Jothi and the framing and trial of D'Argo for the murder.
Colleen
I read the individual comic books, not the TPB, after all 4 were released.

This is an excellent comic series from Boom!Studios and written by the creators of the TV series. All the stories are considered to be official canon and deal with Ka D'Argo's backstory prior to being imprisoned on Moya.
LadyDamonayde
LadyDamonayde marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Rhianon Visinsky
Rhianon Visinsky marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Eden Grey
Eden Grey marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Samantha Collins
Samantha Collins marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Bethany Brillhart
Bethany Brillhart marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Heather Sabian
Heather Sabian marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Tina Portillo
Tina Portillo marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon...

Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics (8 books)
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
  • Farscape Vol. 2: Strange Detractors
  • Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back
  • Farscape Vol. 4: Tangled Roots
  • Farscape Vol. 5: Red Sky At Morning
  • Farscape Vol. 6: Compulsions: Compulsions
  • Farscape Vol. 7: War for the Uncharted Territories, Part 1
  • Farscape Vol. 8: War For The Uncharted Territories Part 2
Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning Farscape Vol. 2: Strange Detractors Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back Farscape Vol. 4: Tangled Roots Farscape Vol. 6: Compulsions: Compulsions