Start by marking “Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial” as Want to Read:
Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial

Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics)

Before he was captain of Moya, the strangest and most exciting ship in the Uncharted Territories, Ka D'Argo tried to live a life of domestic bliss. But life with a Sebacean woman and their hybrid son soon proved treacherous with the Peacekeepers keeping a close watch on the family. Revealed for the first time, witness the origin story of one of Farscape's most beloved char

Published February 1st 2011 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted Tales D'argo's Trial

Andrew
Sep 27, 2010 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll start things off with my final recommendation: if you're a Farscape fan, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. For people who like scifi - it's also a great read, although the ending falls a little flat.

This is a story told in flashbacks - the 'present time' is during the TV series, during a short period when D'Argo leaves Moya and her crew. We get to discover how he met his wife, and, in excruciating detail, how he came to be on Moya.

It was good to finally have this story told - we had h
Chris Miller
Does a good job of filling in the details of how D'Argo met his wife Lo'Laan, their life together with their son Jothee, her murder by her brother Macton, Jothee's escape, and D'Argo's "trial"--which ultimately results in him being the Peacekeeper prisoner we meet at the beginning of the Farscape TV show.

I would have been more interested in a new Farscape story. This just fills in details about a story arc that I already know.
Michael
Apr 05, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
It's always great to get backstory, and what's even better is when it's "official" backstory. So in that regard, and because Farscape can really do no wrong, I enjoyed this. I just really really really wish they would throw DeCandido out the window, because he is a terrible terrible writer. The "narration" parts being in the second person was stupid and smacked more of Choose Your Own Adventure than the best science fiction series ever.
Amanda
I re-read all of these in the summer while blitzkrieging for a game. I still find myself feeling about the same for the Farscape franchize comics/graphic novels as I ever did. They are sometimes well written, but the art is really sad (because I just love the show and actors so much). Some of the stories meander too much, and Aeryn's ending still gets to me in a way where I don't absolutely agree that's where she should have ended up. But it was a fun summer reread.
Matt Thomas
Apr 06, 2012 Matt Thomas rated it really liked it
On a quest to find his wife, Lo'Lann's murderer, we learn about what happened to D'Argo through a series of flashbacks: how they met and fell in love, the prejudice they experienced, the birth of their son Jothi, Lo'Lann's brother's hatred of the whole thing, the murder, the escape of Jothi and the framing and trial of D'Argo for the murder.
Colleen
Jan 23, 2011 Colleen rated it really liked it
I read the individual comic books, not the TPB, after all 4 were released.

This is an excellent comic series from Boom!Studios and written by the creators of the TV series. All the stories are considered to be official canon and deal with Ka D'Argo's backstory prior to being imprisoned on Moya.
Galen
Galen rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Hope Quinn
Hope Quinn rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2012
Ian Klinck
Ian Klinck rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2011
Ian Klinck
Ian Klinck rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Agnieszka
Agnieszka rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2014
Bluerose
Bluerose rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Dark Quest Books
Dark Quest Books rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Ivka
Ivka rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2017
Alejandro
Alejandro rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Roxanne Singhisen
Roxanne Singhisen rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Bendamere Anderson
Bendamere Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Richie
Richie rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Kelly O'Dowd
Kelly O'Dowd rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Sam Smith
Sam Smith rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Samuel
Samuel rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Nick DiFrisco
Nick DiFrisco rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2015
BrokenMnemonic
BrokenMnemonic rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2010
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon...

Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics (8 books)
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning