Start by marking “My Village: Rhymes from Around the World” as Want to Read:
My Village: Rhymes from Around the World

My Village: Rhymes from Around the World

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
My Village is a beautiful collection featuring nursery rhymes and verses from around the world: New Zealand, China, Australia, Norway, Ireland, Tonga, Jamaica, Japan, Zimbabwe, Fiji, Indonesia, Denmark, Iran, Germany, Samoa, Switzerland, Russia, Brazil, France, Holland, Iceland, and India. Readers delight in quirky, touching, and funny verses from the 22 different countrie ...more
Published July 29th 2010 by Frances Lincoln Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about My Village, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Village

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
What makes this book of traditional poetry from other countries so unique is that it's multilingual--each poem is presented in its original language as well as in English translation. In the case of countries using a non-English alphabet, the poem in its original writing system is included as well. 22 countries are represented, including Australia, Brazil, China, Denmark, Fiji, France, Germany, Holland, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Samoa, ...more
Kristen
My Village: Rhymes from Around the World feature rhymes and poems from China, Russia, Iceland, Samoa, Jamaica, New Zealand and many other countries (22 in total). Each rhyme or poem is translated in English phonetically. This book is perfect for the on going diversity in Winnipeg schools promoting community. The unique collection of poetry compliments the illustrations which resemble cut out pictures. This is a must have in your classroom.
Tessa
This was a fun book because it had the poems in their original languages, how to read the phonetically and the translation into English. Poetry isn't usually my thing but this book was fun - oh, the kids liked it, too.
Laura Sims
This book is filled with a unique collection of nursery rhymes from around the world. The artwork, a mixture of textured paint and collage, is bright and cheerful, bringing the poems to life!
R.
R. added it
Nov 28, 2014
Teimuraz Gedevanishvili
Teimuraz Gedevanishvili marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Mandi Stalnaker
Mandi Stalnaker marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Angelina Constantine
Angelina Constantine marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Laura added it
Nov 21, 2013
Vanessa Gemignani
Vanessa Gemignani marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2012
B'gup
B'gup added it
Apr 11, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2011
Japanese Nursery Rhymes: Carp Streamers, Falling Rain and Other Traditional Favorites (Share and Sing in Japanese & English; includes Audio CD) Korean Nursery Rhymes: Wild Geese, Land of Goblins and other Favorite Songs and Rhymes [Korean-English] [MP3 Audio CD Included] My Village: Rhymes from Around the World Told in English & Their Native Tongue Korean Nursery Rhymes: Wild Geese, Land of Goblins and other Favorite Songs and Rhymes [Korean-English] [Downloadable MP3 Audio Included]