More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  25 reviews
From the critically acclaimed author of True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet comes this incredibly fun sequel.

Just when Morgan Carter is falling in love with the simple life she built incognito in Fort Wayne, Indiana, her true identity as an infamous Hollywood starlet is outed and she's forced to return to LA.

While most girls would give anything for a life filled with

Published November 2nd 2006 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenAlong for the Ride by Sarah DessenLock and Key by Sarah DessenThis Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Best Sarah Dessen books and similar books
110th out of 130 books — 175 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
I'm a Celebrity. Love me!
449th out of 486 books — 1,464 voters

More lists with this book...

Brittni
Like with the first book, I gobbled this up.

Yes, it's another book about someone who lives the high life, just like many teen books, but here's the thing: most of them are written horribly (like Secrets of My Hollywood Life, the last teen book I read) and there are few well-written. This is one of the best in the bunch. It follows where the first book left off, with Morgan continuing her junior year. The difference from the first book is that in that one she was incognito. This one follows her l...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jocelyn Pearce for TeensReadToo.com

Yes, it does follow the trend of books starring celebrities, but it does so wonderfully, even for those of us who haven't read the prequel.

In MORE CONFESSIONS OF A HOLLYWOOD STARLET, Morgan Carter's average life in Fort Wayne, Indiana, has once more become the life in the spotlight she went to Fort Wayne to escape. Now, Morgan's life is getting to be a bit too much to handle: her boyfriend's mother doesn't want Morgan, a recovering addict, dating h...more
Sara
The sequel to Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. I gotta say, I love these sort of teen books. I liked the first one in this series and this installment didn't disappoint. In this one, Morgan Carter's real identity as a popular actress out of rehab has been exposed, and she's dealing with trying to live a regular life as a high school student in Indiana amid the new paparazzi there. What I really liked about this book (and its predecessor) is that it doesn't shy away from difficult or dark topi...more
Veronica
Feb 10, 2009 Veronica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Older teens, Fans of Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot
Rating: 3.5/4
What can I say, everyone should be allowed their guilty pleasures. While this book (and its prequel) may seem cheesy, Douglas' plot is actually pretty grounded. "Don't judge a book by its cover" definitely applies here. This book really makes you think twice about how the media portrays celebrities and the media. One of the best books I've read about show business. Like I said, the summary may seem really hackneyed, but you should give this book a chance. There were a few parts that...more
Rachel
Aug 09, 2008 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any teens
i couldn't wait to read this book after i finished "true confessions of a hollywood starlet" it is so awesome. the only reason i didn't give it 5stars is b/c it made me not sleep at night b/c i couldn't wait to read wat came next! its so interesting. it kind of sucks you into her life and it feels like you are a part of it. i can't wait to watch the movie tonight! although i doubt it could be as good as the book!
Taylor
This book was really good and I liked how it just continued right from True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet.
Irene
More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet is the sequel to True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. It wasn't as good as the first book, but I still thought it was a great book. Mostly it's just about her relationship with Eli and when she was rape. Also her continueing fights with Debbie Ackerman. The ending was quite disappointing.
Leslie
A teen star, who was parented by a selfish, neglectful mother / manager, continues her recovery from drugs and alcohol in middle America and tries to come to grip with how normal people live, how she is perceived and how she needs to fix herself.

Is this great literature; no. But it is a story with a message. There are a lot of adult themes and some painful realities.

I really like Morgan.
Marissa
This follow up to "True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet" is great. Not only does it show that she is still just a normal girl, it shows how these books came to be and ends on a high note.
Jenny
Morgan has been outed as the Hollywood starlet living in Fort Wayne Indiana. Now she's torn between her new life and the glitter of her old Hollywood existence. But Hollywood holds dark secrets that Morgan isn't ready to face, and she isn't sure about herself, Eli, or where home is now.
Rene
Additional adventures of Morgan as she tries to continue her "real" life at her public schoo. Scheming, jealousy, etc. happens between all until a conclusion that screams "PART 3"! This book was good and entertaining.
Sep 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
As funny as the original, if not quite as good a story. Still dealing with troubling issues such as drug abuse, rape, and weight loss, Douglas keeps the characters authentic and humorous. A fun addition to the first.
Deoro
Light and entertaining sequel about a young actress spending a year as a "normal" high school junior in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm surprised there is not another volume to the story.
Kristine
This book tries to remind us the sometimes celebs want to live a nromal life with normal problems, and I think the authour communicates that well. There were some weird parts though
K
more about what happens to morgan...pepul already knowshe's morgan...and the paparazzi wont get off of her!!!! whta will happen??? read the book to find out!!! hahahah!!!
Kim
Jul 23, 2008 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
I don't know that I would put this on my shelf for my Middle School students due to content, but the ending was a positive spin on an intense topic.
GRUMPY
the first book was good and i was hoping the 2nd one would be better,but this book wasn't very good, could of benn so much better
Reader101
Jun 12, 2008 Reader101 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers
Recommended to Reader101 by: Me
This is a book you won't want to put down. It reals you in and you feel as if ur with Morgan and doing everything with her.
Dawn Thompson
This book was really good! I always love the suspense of Hollywood stars that go undercover!
Pooja Dimba
This book was so so so so so so so so so bad!
No seven teen year old acts like that!
Gosh!
Jasmine
Apr 14, 2009 Jasmine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Fun, entertaining, a little deeper than you think it will be.
Gracie ;)
A great follow-up of the original book!
Steph
Intersting, but it went a little slow.
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
  • The Rise and Fall of a 10th Grade Social Climber
  • Converting Kate
  • There's No Place Like Home (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #6)
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • So Super Starry (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #1)
  • Prom Anonymous
  • Contents Under Pressure
  • Speed Dating (Dating Game, #5)
  • Calling All Boys (Two of a Kind Diaries, #9)
  • Girls Dinner Club
  • The Infamous Rogue (The Hawkins Brothers #1)
  • Ghost Soldier
  • Lulu Dark and the Summer of the Fox
  • My Lost and Found Life
  • The After Life
  • Gods Like Us: On Movie Stardom and Modern Fame
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • The Queen of Second Place
When she was five, Lola Douglas wanted to be an actress like her then-hero, Drew Barrymore. Instead, she became a supermarket checkout girl, a video store clerk, an administrative assistant, a features reporter, and a textbook development editor before deciding that writing teen novels was her real forte.

Lola has lived in seven of our great United States, including Indiana, and says that during h...more
More about Lola Douglas...
True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet SNAP! #2: You First Picture Perfect #1: You First