Start by marking “More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet” as Want to Read:
More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

From the critically acclaimed author of True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet comes this incredibly fun sequel.

Just when Morgan Carter is falling in love with the simple life she built incognito in Fort Wayne, Indiana, her true identity as an infamous Hollywood starlet is outed and she's forced to return to LA.

While most girls would give anything for a life filled with

Published November 2nd 2006 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet

Britt
Dec 31, 2014 Britt rated it it was amazing
Like with the first book, I gobbled this up.

Yes, it's another book about someone who lives the high life, just like many teen books, but here's the thing: most of them are written horribly (like Secrets of My Hollywood Life, the last teen book I read) and there are few well-written. This is one of the best in the bunch. It follows where the first book left off, with Morgan continuing her junior year. The difference from the first book is that in that one she was incognito. This one follows her l
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jocelyn Pearce for TeensReadToo.com

Yes, it does follow the trend of books starring celebrities, but it does so wonderfully, even for those of us who haven't read the prequel.

In MORE CONFESSIONS OF A HOLLYWOOD STARLET, Morgan Carter's average life in Fort Wayne, Indiana, has once more become the life in the spotlight she went to Fort Wayne to escape. Now, Morgan's life is getting to be a bit too much to handle: her boyfriend's mother doesn't want Morgan, a recovering addict, dating h
Deanna
Jan 05, 2015 Deanna rated it liked it
The ending was not satisfying to me. I felt that it ended abruptly. I didn't have much closure. It wasn't as good as the first book, but I was expecting it too. I felt Morgan to be more annoying this time around with some serious growing up to do. She didn't learn much in my opinion. Yes she finally learned to speak up but there was something about her that just didn't sit right with me in this book.
Sara
Sep 05, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2008
The sequel to Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. I gotta say, I love these sort of teen books. I liked the first one in this series and this installment didn't disappoint. In this one, Morgan Carter's real identity as a popular actress out of rehab has been exposed, and she's dealing with trying to live a regular life as a high school student in Indiana amid the new paparazzi there. What I really liked about this book (and its predecessor) is that it doesn't shy away from difficult or dark topi ...more
Veronica
Feb 10, 2009 Veronica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Older teens, Fans of Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot
Rating: 3.5/4
What can I say, everyone should be allowed their guilty pleasures. While this book (and its prequel) may seem cheesy, Douglas' plot is actually pretty grounded. "Don't judge a book by its cover" definitely applies here. This book really makes you think twice about how the media portrays celebrities and the media. One of the best books I've read about show business. Like I said, the summary may seem really hackneyed, but you should give this book a chance. There were a few parts that
Victoria
May 10, 2015 Victoria rated it liked it
I did not really like this book at all. I also didn't like the ending.
Jenny
Jan 12, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
3.5.

It was good, but I would have liked more. It just kind of ends, and to me, it felt unfinished. I did like her personal growth through out the book though.
Rachel
Aug 09, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any teens
i couldn't wait to read this book after i finished "true confessions of a hollywood starlet" it is so awesome. the only reason i didn't give it 5stars is b/c it made me not sleep at night b/c i couldn't wait to read wat came next! its so interesting. it kind of sucks you into her life and it feels like you are a part of it. i can't wait to watch the movie tonight! although i doubt it could be as good as the book!
Taylor
Jan 22, 2014 Taylor rated it it was amazing
This book was really good and I liked how it just continued right from True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet.
Irene
Mar 02, 2009 Irene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-2
More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet is the sequel to True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. It wasn't as good as the first book, but I still thought it was a great book. Mostly it's just about her relationship with Eli and when she was rape. Also her continueing fights with Debbie Ackerman. The ending was quite disappointing.
Leslie
Sep 09, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it
A teen star, who was parented by a selfish, neglectful mother / manager, continues her recovery from drugs and alcohol in middle America and tries to come to grip with how normal people live, how she is perceived and how she needs to fix herself.

Is this great literature; no. But it is a story with a message. There are a lot of adult themes and some painful realities.

I really like Morgan.
Marissa
Jul 01, 2008 Marissa rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This follow up to "True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet" is great. Not only does it show that she is still just a normal girl, it shows how these books came to be and ends on a high note.
Jenny
Sep 15, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, realistic
Morgan has been outed as the Hollywood starlet living in Fort Wayne Indiana. Now she's torn between her new life and the glitter of her old Hollywood existence. But Hollywood holds dark secrets that Morgan isn't ready to face, and she isn't sure about herself, Eli, or where home is now.
Rene
Feb 05, 2009 Rene rated it really liked it
Additional adventures of Morgan as she tries to continue her "real" life at her public schoo. Scheming, jealousy, etc. happens between all until a conclusion that screams "PART 3"! This book was good and entertaining.
Sep 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
As funny as the original, if not quite as good a story. Still dealing with troubling issues such as drug abuse, rape, and weight loss, Douglas keeps the characters authentic and humorous. A fun addition to the first.
Deoro
Dec 18, 2011 Deoro rated it really liked it
Light and entertaining sequel about a young actress spending a year as a "normal" high school junior in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm surprised there is not another volume to the story.
Kristine
Apr 16, 2009 Kristine rated it really liked it
This book tries to remind us the sometimes celebs want to live a nromal life with normal problems, and I think the authour communicates that well. There were some weird parts though
K
Dec 05, 2008 K rated it really liked it
more about what happens to morgan...pepul already knowshe's morgan...and the paparazzi wont get off of her!!!! whta will happen??? read the book to find out!!! hahahah!!!
Kim
Jul 23, 2008 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I don't know that I would put this on my shelf for my Middle School students due to content, but the ending was a positive spin on an intense topic.
Snow
Jun 12, 2008 Snow rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen-fiction
GRUMPY
Jul 03, 2008 GRUMPY rated it did not like it
the first book was good and i was hoping the 2nd one would be better,but this book wasn't very good, could of benn so much better
Reader101
Jun 12, 2008 Reader101 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teenagers
Recommended to Reader101 by: Me
This is a book you won't want to put down. It reals you in and you feel as if ur with Morgan and doing everything with her.
Pooja Dimba
Jan 01, 2010 Pooja Dimba rated it did not like it
This book was so so so so so so so so so bad!
No seven teen year old acts like that!
Gosh!
Jasmine
Apr 14, 2009 Jasmine rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Fun, entertaining, a little deeper than you think it will be.
Gracie ;)
Apr 03, 2009 Gracie ;) rated it really liked it
A great follow-up of the original book!
Steph
Jul 04, 2010 Steph rated it liked it
Intersting, but it went a little slow.
Heather Clitheroe
Nov 11, 2013 Heather Clitheroe rated it really liked it
I...can't...help...myself...!
sonita
Sep 13, 2007 sonita rated it liked it
cute
Suzan
Suzan rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
  • The Rise and Fall of a 10th Grade Social Climber
  • The Life History of a Star
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Between the Raindrops
  • Danger (Undercover Girl, #4)
  • The Case of the Sundae Surprise (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #34)
  • Road Trip (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #3)
  • Queen B (The Queen Companion Novels Book 2)
  • Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love
  • Stealing The Show (Girl Talk, #8)
  • Royally Crushed (Royally Jacked, #1-3)
  • The Case of the Nutcracker Ballet (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #38)
  • The True Darcy Spirit
  • The Case of Camp Pom-pom (The New Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley, #36)
  • Holiday Magic (Two of a Kind Diaries, #38)
  • The Case of the Summer Camp Caper (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #11)
  • Buttered Side Down: Short Stories