Start by marking “Bon Bon Voyage” as Want to Read:
Bon Bon Voyage

Bon Bon Voyage (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery #8)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Even if Carolyn Blue has to share a cabin with her mother-in-law, she'll still enjoy her Mother's Day present: a gourmet European cruise. That is, until both a female passenger and the double chocolate raspberry mousse go missing.
Published August 7th 2007 by Berkley (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bon Bon Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bon Bon Voyage

DonnaCarol
I have never read such a negative feeling book since reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Dickens. The entire feel of the book was irritating, spiteful,& hateful. The characters were mean to each other. Snappy. No kindness and compassion except for maybe two pages in the entire book. The amount of "human lableing" was offensive even if the characters didn't exactly condone it. I made a list of the "negative" words in this book and it was astounding.
If you want to read a book that will zap the s
Sandra
Too bizarre for words. Only highlight was Luz.
Tabby Kat
The children of food columnist Carolyn Blue send her on a food cruise sailing the Mediterranean with stops in Spain and North Africa as a Mother's Day present. Carolyn is disappointed that her husband Jason cannot accompany her, but he has a conference to attend in Canada. She asks her friend Luz, an ex cop, to go with her. Luz reluctantly agrees because it is impossible to refuse any request by Carolyn. Carolyn is dismayed that Jason asks his mother to go with Carolyn since two women do not get ...more
Deb
This is the first book of hers that I have read. If you like mystery and humor this book has it all. I really enjoyed the quirky characters especial Luz. This book made me laugh out loud as I was reading it.
For those who like dessert recipes there are many in this book!
Ed
#8 in the Culinary Food Writer series. Uneven entry with utterly hilarious portions and some painfully slow pacing.

Culinary Food Writer series - Even if she must share a cabin with her mother-in-law, food columnist Carolyn Blue admits it's a terrific Mother's Day present: passage on the Bountiful Feast, a gourmet cruise ship sailing to the Canary Islands. But when a female passenger disappears at a port stop and a corpse turns up on board, it's clear to Carolyn that the Bountiful Feast is sailin
Vivian
I really like the idea of a "culinary mystery", but this didn't quite do it for me. It was REALLY difficult to finish this book (and it's short).
What didn't work for me:
1. Half of the book is Carolyn talking about the history of the places she's visiting or about the foods she's eating. A little would be okay, but it's more than a little.
2. There's no mystery.
Deborah
I expected a cute light mystery, and ended up with an incredibly wacky, fun mystery. The kind of book you put down grinning. It was totally absurd but very enjoyable. I don't usually make my own desserts, but many of the recipes look simple enough I could make them myself.
Penny
This wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't fantastic either. The main character is so prissy you want to just smack her sometimes. Although I like books with recipes in them, I much prefer the recipes to be at the back of the book, and not at the end of each chapter.
Trish
This was a big yawn for me. I'd like to give the author another chance because it was an interesting mystery, but I had a hard time getting into and liking the characters. This is some kind of series that I suspect may have been picked up midseries.
Tanya
I'm not proud of this book. It's not very good, and the plot and characters are ridiculously predictable, and yet...when I'm in looking for something to read while I don't think, it's great.
Jenn
Unfortunately, the later books in this series do not tempt me as much as the older ones. I'm not big on ship stories and this mystery set on one did not make me enjoy them any more.
Rebecca
Didn't enjoy this one as much as some of her others.. this plot just seemed a little convoluted yo me..and i had really high hopes for it..which could be why i was mildly let down..
Jessica
Love the characters in this series! And one of these days I have to try the recipes, because all the descriptions of enjoying the food are too tantalizing.
Lucy Whitlow
Oct 02, 2007 Lucy Whitlow added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Food Mystery readers
While I've read a few books by this author, I consider the books so-so. I enjoy the recipes she provides in the books, although I haven't tried any of them.
Katie Robinson
This one was by far my favorite one. I love the comedy and so happy luz is in it. I can only hope my first cruise will be this exciting.
Sabrina Grace
acctuly, i didnt completely finish this one..i stopped becuase it has it had obsesive swearing...and I didnt really like that!
Linda
I hope I never take a cruise like the one in this book! A bit of an outlandish plot but still entertaining.
Sharon
I almost gave up on this about 1/4 the way through, but
just past halfway and it turned for the better.
Beckyj
Foodwriter (and sometimes detective) Carolyn Blue solves a murder on-board a cruise ship. An enjoyable story.
Patty
Silly murder mystery on a cruise ship - it helped me pass the time on a long travel day.
Heather
Very good book. It definitely kept my attention.
Dawn
An ok culinary mystery set on a small cruise ship.
Anna
Oct 05, 2008 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with cooking interests
Pretty good for the first book I"ve read by her.
Kitty
Great book. Well written. Enjoyed it very much.
Brenda
Silly woman, stupid plot. Not one of my faves.
Anna
A light, fun read, but not much too it.
Marilyn
Believable? Maybe not. Funny? Yes!
  • Mumbo Gumbo (Madeline Bean, #5)
  • Bread on Arrival (Heaven Lee, #4)
  • Murder on the Menu (A Cooking Class Mystery, #2)
  • A Catered Birthday Party (A Mystery with Recipes, #6)
  • Spiced to Death (Gourmet Detective Mystery, Book 2)
  • Two Cooks A-Killing (Angie Amalfi, #11)
  • The Case of the Ill-Gotten Goat
  • The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up (A Chocoholic Mystery, #3)
  • Murder on the Mauretania (George Porter Dillman & Genevieve Masefield, #2)
  • Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #7)

A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • Death A L'Orange (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #3)
  • Chocolate Quake (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • The Perils of Paella (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #5)
  • Holy Guacamole! (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #6)
  • Mozzarella Most Murderous (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #7)
  • French Fried (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #9)
  • Turkey Flambé (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #10)
  • Blood Pudding (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #11)
Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1) Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2) Chocolate Quake (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #4) Death A L'Orange (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #3) The Perils of Paella (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #5)