Start by marking “Alfred Hitchcock's Supernatural Tales of Terror and Suspense” as Want to Read:
Alfred Hitchcock's Supernatural Tales of Terror and Suspense

Mis Pinkerton's Apocalypse, by Muriel Spark
The Reunion After Three Hundred Years, by Alexis Tolstoy
The Attic Expres
Published August 12th 1973 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Be the first to ask a question about Alfred Hitchcock's Supernatural Tales of Terror and Suspense

Elizabeth Periale
Nov 04, 2011 Elizabeth Periale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Hitchcock for Young Readers selection ... was Alfred Hitchcock's Supernatural Tales of Terror and Suspense. This is a short story anthology, aimed at an older teen audience than The Three Investigators series. I was pleasantly surprised at how absolutely creepy the stories were, and completely enjoyable for adults, too. Among the 10 authors featured are Raymond Chandler (The Big Sleep, Farewell, My Lovely, The Lady in the Lake) with a very sinister story, "The Bronze Door," as well as Pa ...more
Erin (PT)
I read this (and a number of other Hitchcock Presents books) as a young reader, opening the door to my lifelong fondness for horror and suspense. In rediscovering this anthology, I was kind of amazed at how much and how well I remembered these stories though I hadn't retained their titles or authors.

Even given how much older and more jaded I am, the stories hold up pretty well for the intervening years and even the Evils of the Orient subtext in several of the stories couldn't ruin my pleasure.
Tatiana
Jan 04, 2008 Tatiana rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
okay, so the deal with all the alfred hitchcock books is that i'm trying to find a short story i read when i was really young that really creeped me out. and i thought it was in 'spellbinders in suspense', so i re-bought it recently, but it was not in there. so in a fit of frustration i bought all the AH short story collections i could find in order to track down the story. but it was not to be found. clearly that story has gone the way of the children's book about the bear (amazing book that i ...more
Christopher Carrolli
This was an excellent collection of short short stories, suitable for both adults, as well as young readers! My favorites in this one are: "The Strange Valley" by T.V. Olsen; "The Bronze Door" by Raymond Chandler; "The Quest For 'Blank Claveringi'" by Patricia Highsmith; "The Pram" by A.W. Bennett, and "Mr. Ash's Studio" by H. Russell Wakefield. This is a collection well worth reading for stories of the Superantural and the Paranormal!
Ronda
Dec 13, 2008 Ronda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids_and_ya
My uncle gave me an early version of this book--don't remember the copyright date on it--but I still remember some of the stories and the goosebumps they gave me--such as the one about the jade bell.
Greta
Oct 06, 2007 Greta rated it it was amazing
Excellent...stories vary from subtle psychological disturbance (madness & butterflies) to blatant terror (giant pink snails). Be warned you'll never see small quaint train sets in the same light ever again.
Amy
Sep 15, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
Excellent creepy tales, including "The Triumph of Death" by H. Russell Wakefield and the horrifying "The Quest for 'Blank Claveringi'" by Patricia Highsmith.
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2010
David Phillips
David Phillips rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Varthika Neethi Mohan
Varthika Neethi Mohan rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Nidhik
Nidhik rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2009
Dylan Glenn
Dylan Glenn rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Awindyhill
Awindyhill rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Matt Tobin
Matt Tobin rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Jorel
Jorel rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Tamara!
Tamara! rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Francisco Gudino
Francisco Gudino rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2009
Susan Butler
Susan Butler rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2009
Quirkyreader
Quirkyreader rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Snez
Snez rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
CasualDebris
CasualDebris rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2008
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Sonia
Sonia rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Edmund Feliciano
Edmund Feliciano rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2009
Sir Alfred Joseph Hitchcock KBE was an iconic and highly influential film director and producer, who pioneered many techniques in the suspense and thriller genres.

Following a very substantial career in his native Britain in both silent films and talkies, Hitchcock moved to Hollywood and became an American citizen with dual nationality in 1956, thus he also remained a British subject.

Hitchcock dire
More about Alfred Hitchcock...