Start by marking “The Three ''Only'' Things: Tapping the Power of Dreams, Coincidence & Imagination” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Have you ever said something was only a dream, only a coincidence, or only your imagination?

In this book you'll discover that these "only" things can be keys to finding and living your bigger story. You'll learn to tap into the nine powers of dreaming, the nine rules of coincidence, and the seven uses of imagination. You'll be inspired by stories of how innovators and worl
Published February 1st 2010 by New World Library (first published September 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Three ''Only'' Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three ''Only'' Things

Tami
How many times have you wished that you knew exactly step by step how to change your life or the particular action that would lead you towards success? That perhaps someone would drop off a nice manual (with full colour illustrations) detailing exactly what you need to do to live a healthy, happy, fulfilled life. Likely, far too many.

Unfortunately, there is no such text. Still, that doesn't mean there isn't an excellent resource available to us. The truth is that we have all the guidance we nee
Stefani
Nov 19, 2008 Stefani rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone new to the topic dream/imagination.
A good book for someone who is getting started with the topic (dreaming/imagination/imagination-->real life). Inspiring, sampling from many sources and pointing in many directions, this book seemed like a 'candy sampler' to me. Personally I prefer a bit more structure and staying on one topic, but nevertheless I enjoyed the book and found it inspiring.
Suzanne
I bought this book directly from the author at a workshop he gave in Ithaca on "Dreams, Coincidence, and Imagination". Robert Moss is a thoroughly engaging, sparkling, and droll speaker; we all hung, openmouthed, on his every word during his fascinating stories. The workshop was so much fun.
Juli
I approached this book with a lot of skepticism, but I'm about two-thirds of the way through and I'm intrigued. The references to scientist Wolfgang Pauli and to Carl Jung are interesting, and I'm rethinking my understanding of time and space as a result of reading this.
Spider Goddess
I read this book after having read a few other Robert Moss books. As such, I believe I did this out of order. The other Robert Moss books I read are very in depth and detailed. This book, however, is Robert Moss Lite; it is more of an introduction to deeper work contained in many of his other books.

Although much more elementary, this book was enjoyable. Robert makes many good points to introduce the reader to the fascinating realm of Dreams, and his writing style flows smoothly. Historical anecd
Daniel
I like the direction that this book pushed me in when it comes to thinking about the possible meaning and significance of dreams and coincidence. I've had my fare share of bizarre coincidences and precognitive dreams, and found Moss's discussion of them being part of a plane of existence outside of standard space/time interesting and well written.

That said, Moss's writing tended to bring out the cynic in me due to his frequent reference to individual case studies and questionable examples from
Craven
I found out about this book when researching Conscious Dreaming. When I got it from my library hold shelf it wasn't really what I was expecting. It was a bit cheesy at times, but it interesting, nonetheless. There's a whole lot of inarguable evidence that creative people - such as Da Vinci and Mark Twain - moved through a realm of dream and coincidence that a lot of people are turned off to. Still this book has that weird self-betterment style of talking that you get into with New Age and self-h ...more
Carla Amon
This book has such a positive approach in telling us ways to tune into our own lives through the world around us and within us. It has a spiritual aspect, almost without seeming to know it. My one caution to myself is to keep things in perspect according to my religious beliefs, so as not to turn adherance of the ideas in this book into pagan worship, but to put the ideas of this book into the context of my beliefs and use them within that context.
Julie
I am a huge fan of Robert Moss' teachings. This book shatters the thoughts "it's only a dream", "it's only a coincidence", and "it's only your imagination". This book is full of practical application, with enough real-life stories, both historical and modern, to satisfy my skeptical nature. Love it!!!
Liz Jansen
Every page of this book draws the reader in. Every time you read it, you gain more awareness. I enjoy picking it up and randomly selecting a few pages to read. It invariably is the section that was meant to be read at that time. No mere coincidence!
Mary Mathews
This is fun, engaging read that encourages us to begin to notice the inklings of our intuition. They are not "only" your imagination, rather they are interior prompts from your deep self that can help you live more authentically
Elizabeth
Really enjoyed the humor of the author. A great book for those just getting into dream and shamanic work. Even if you are an "expert," it's still a fun book to read with a lot of great examples and case stories.
Bridgett
I believe strongly in the power of the imagination and meaningful coincidences, though some of the examples seemed more extreme than what you'd typically come across in daily life.
Bonnie Pfingst
i loved this book - it was as if it were written for me. in fact, i've loaned it to someone and i can't recall who that person is - so i ordered another copy for myself. :)
Lisa
This was a very interesting, easy read with plenty of food for thought and some fun "games" to indulge in to delve deeper into life and flow with its current.
Leslie North
Only a dream
Only a coincidence
Only my imagination
These are the 3 only things
Wonderful book.
I should read it again in the future too.
Julie
This book was boring as hell and a vat of information rolled into one I would have finished it quicker if I didn't keep falling a sleep.
Rachael
This book has changed my world! Every little thing in life means something. You just have to pay attention to what is being shown.
Ramani
Quick read and so much fun. Love all the coincidence stuff. Be mindful of all the sign posts...and black dogs :)
Harry
Has many suggestions for practical application in daily life. I found the overall feel inspiring and uplifting.
Paula Bowers
I loved this book from Robert Moss. I have invited him
to do a workshop in Grand Rapids next August.
Kiddo
Ok, so, I didn't actually finish it, but it was becoming very repetitive and annoying.
Ho
Excellent tips on how to work with your dreams,
synchronicity and imagination.
Chrissy
An interesting look into the complexities that are dreams and thoughts.
Oct 27, 2008 Jennifer marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Saw on a friend's blog. May contribute to focus on creativity/innovation.
Anji
Good information on synchronicities, dreams and imagination.
Deni Johansson
It had good info and insights, but was not as easy to get through.
Karen
Good explanatory stories
Julia
My favorite Robert moss book so far. I would recommend it to anyone who is not familiar with his active dreaming techniques as a great starting point. And for those who are, this is a great reminder and has lots of practical "games" to integrate dreams into waking life. Light and easy read.
  • Trance-Portation Learning to Navigate the Inner World by Paxson, Diana L.  ON Nov-01-2008, Paperback
  • Dreaming Yourself Awake: Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation
  • Urban Shaman
  • Lucid Dreamer: A Waking Guide for the Traveler Between Worlds
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation
  • The Way of Four: Create Elemental Balance in Your Life
  • Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval
  • Our Dreaming Mind
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey
  • The Secret Language of Dreams: A Visual Key to Dreams and Their Meanings
  • Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality
  • Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • The Promise of Energy Psychology: Revolutionary Tools for Dramatic Personal Change
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
  • Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life Dreamgates: An Explorer's Guide to the Worlds of Soul, Imagination, and Life Beyond Death The Secret History of Dreaming Dreaming the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for Healing and Becoming Whole Active Dreaming: Journeying Beyond Self-Limitation to a Life of Wild Freedom

“Everything that enters our field of perception means something, large or small. Everything speaks to us, if we will take off our headphones and hear a different sound track. Everything corresponds. We travel better in the forest of symbols when we are open and available to all the forms of meaning that are watching†and waiting for us.” 1 likes