Start by marking “A Year with God” as Want to Read:
A Year with God

A Year with God

2.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
God's words changed history. Now let them change you.
Are there any words more powerful than God's? Through his words, the world came into creation and all life into being. God spoke to his first people, Adam and Eve, and he spoke to Noah and Abraham, to Moses, to the kings of Judah and Israel, and to the prophets.
And he speaks to you today.
God's words are real, and they
Published November 2nd 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Year with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year with God

Chris French
Jul 31, 2014 Chris French rated it liked it
Shelves: christianity
Last week I got A Year with God: Daily Readings & Reflections on God’s Own Words by R.P. Nettelhorst free from Thomas Nelson publishers. When you first look at it this book is quite intimidating. It’s a chunk! But then you realize you’ve only got to read one page a day then go on with your daily activities.

It’s a great book. I really enjoyed my time with it. The author has it broken up into categories like Love and Hate & Hope. So if you’re feeling a little depressed when you wake up in
Randi S
Jan 13, 2011 Randi S rated it it was ok

Having a daily Quiet Time with the Lord is something I strive for - and, unfortunately, something I don't always make time (or have time) for. I know I'm not the only one; it seems that today we all have so much going on and so many other things to read, watch, see, or do, that we have a hard time being still with the Lord.

When I got the chance to read a year-long devotional through Book Sneeze, I jumped at the chance. It seems to have a distinct finish li
Jennifer Defoy
Nov 01, 2010 Jennifer Defoy rated it liked it
I really liked the idea of this book. A devotional that gives you something to think about everyday. Then on top of that having the different categories for the scriptures so that you could read scripture that was relevant to what you were dealing with – Joy, Happiness, Sadness, Fear, Isolation, etc. It was well organized. And I liked that there were stories that accompanied the scriptures. It helped me relate the scripture to something I could understand. A more “concrete” understanding of what ...more
Andy Mitchell
The market is full of daily devotional guides. This book stands apart from the crowd.

Each of the 365 daily readings is based upon an Old Testament passage in which God speaks to his people.

The top third of each page is filled with the day’s Bible passage in a comtemporary translation. The author then reflects upon the passage.

Some of the reflections feel more like blog posts, and they didn’t consistently speak to me. However, on the whole, I found this book useful for personal devotions and expo
Karie Hall
Dec 08, 2010 Karie Hall rated it it was amazing

I like pretty much anyone else can say they get a little intimidated when reading or even looking at the bible, its size and some times confusing scriptures.

When reviewing A year with God by R.P Nettelhorst I was given a chance to read God's own words and have them explained to me in a way that gave me many life lessons.

The book is a 365-day devotional featuring the actual spoken words of God as presented in the Bible. It touches on subjects ranging from hope & fear, Love & hate, loyalty
Oct 29, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: A YEAR WITH GOD
Author: R. P. Nettelhorst
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
November 2010
ISBN: 978-0-8499-4698-1
Genre: Inspirational/nonfiction/devotional

A YEAR WITH GOD is a 365 day devotional with daily readings and reflections on God’s words. Each devotional starts with a scripture reading (from various texts, such as The Message, New King James Version, and others) and then a devotional based on what you read.

The devotionals take the scriptures, teaching us a little about what is referred to in
Cindy
Jul 15, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok
This 365 day reader is suppose to help one find a personal relationship with God, through His Own words as written in the Old Testament. Each day's quotation is followed by a reflection and explanation by the author.
If you are looking to read and explore the Old Testament, than you might enjoy this read. There is no mention of Jesus or Christianity whatsoever. The book has more of a "fire and brimstone" attitude, which is, I guess, much of what is entailed in the Old Testament. I am not an autho
Hattie
Dec 15, 2010 Hattie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Hattie by: Book Sneeze/ Thomas Nelson
This devotional is special to me for more than one reason. I especially loved A YEAR WITH GOD BY R.P. NETTELHORST because the scripture verses are taken from the Old Testament. Often people say the Old Testament has nothing to do with our life now. After all, we no longer need to make a Burnt offering or some other offering. Besides, Christ has come and given His life for us. The Old Testament is just about physical duties people had to fulfill in order to have a relationship with their Creator ...more
Sara
Dec 03, 2010 Sara rated it it was ok
This book is a daily Bible devotional based on the words of God from the Old Testament. It is organized into sections such as Hope & Fear, Love & Hate, and Faith & Doubt. Each day lists a section of scripture that includes God’s words to his people followed by a short reflection on this passage from the author.

You can read my complete review here:

Laurie
Jan 15, 2011 Laurie rated it liked it
Recommended to Laurie by: booksneeze.com
See my full review here: http://cookscrapcraft.blogspot.com/20...
Shellys♥ Journal
Jan 01, 2011 Shellys♥ Journal rated it liked it
eh.
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Liz Jackson
Liz Jackson rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Kendall Collins
Kendall Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Cesar
Cesar marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Michelle Dye
Michelle Dye is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2012
Dorcas
Dorcas is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2012
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2011
Thelogo
Thelogo rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2011
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Gina Wahyuni
Gina Wahyuni marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Joy Ellis
Joy Ellis rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2010
Laverne Ombadykow
Laverne Ombadykow rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2010
Goodreads Librari...: Problem with author name 3 165 Jan 04, 2013 07:36PM
2029531
R.P. NETTELHORST is a writer of biblically and theologically related works, science fiction, and fantasy, among other things. He does a weekly newspaper column for a small Northern California newspaper called The Ridge Rider News. He gets to write about anything he likes, as long as he keeps it to 800 words. He writes a blog for the Jerusalem Post, usually every day.

He was a volunteer with the X-P
More about R.P. Nettelhorst...