Dengeki Daisy 03 (Dengeki Daisy, #3)

Dengeki Daisy 03 (Dengeki Daisy #3)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  4,131 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Im Großen und Ganzen wohnt Teru gerne bei Kurosaki, dennoch ist sie fest entschlossen, seine Gastfreundschaft nicht überzustrapazieren. Darüber, dass sie ausziehen will, scheint Kurosaki auf jeden Fall ziemlich erleichtert zu sein, oder ist das alles bloß Fassade? Schließlich wirft ein Urlaubsmitbringsel für DAISY plötzlich neue Fragen auf!
Published March 2011 by Tokyopop (first published 2008)

Booknut
Loving this series - they just get better and better!!

Jessica-Robyn
I'm really starting to appreciate the art style these books have. The array of expressions and characterization through the design is great. I mean, every panel has a different composition and expression. Imagine being the artist having to draw that! You can see the amount of work that goes into creating such a varied and detailed story.

This is really shaping up to be an excellent series!
Salymar
This book belonged to the best shoujo manga ever! Actually, there are lots of factors that bring out it's awesome-ness, (1)With its strong heroine, (2)conflicted hero, and (3)story -- OF COURSE that does both humor and emotion well, it is still most definitely a series worth reading.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Very dramatic chapter ending this volume. I can't wait for the next one!
Julie Hayes
Summer vacation starts tomorrow, and Teru is about to move into an apartment with Riko - a move that is both exciting and sad, as it means leaving Kurosaki's side. She's conflicted about the move, but thinks it is surely what he wants, to have her out of his hair. In that case, she'll just have to make the most out of their last night together!

Teru's friends wonder why she is leaving him, and she is having difficulty making them understand her reasons. Actually, she isn't entirely clear on that...more
Estara
Apr 14, 2011 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: screwball comedy romance with dark underpinnings
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
The third volume of Dengeki Daisy moves the plot along, but isn't one of my favorites. The book begins with Teru preparing to move out of Kurosaki's apartment. She's moving in with her school counselor, an old friend of Kurosaki and Teru's deceased brother.

At a basic level, this volume is more of the same. Kurosaki behaving like a jerk toward Teru and Teru confiding all her hopes and fears in Daisy. We have a brief moment where Teru is in danger from one of her brother's former colleagues. He k...more
Keanna
In this volume Teru buys Kurosaki a gift. At first she doesn't know what to get him, but with the help of her friends she decides in a music box. Teru moves next door to Kurosaki and won't admit it to her, but he is slowly falling in love with her and misses her living there. But like this BIG secret is brimming over to the edge, so does the storm that happens and Teru finds out who Kurosaki really is.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Tehru has moved out of Kurosaki's apartment and is living with Riko, the school counselor, who seems to know Daisy. However after a conversation with Takeda, Tehru wonders who Daisy could be but secretly wonders who she wants it to be. Hmmm, interesting turn in the story. At the end, that was kind of sweet.
Courtney

An old friend of Terus' shows up, and his friendliness towards Teru causes his girlfriend to become jealous. Teru also moves into her new apartment with ms. Onizuka in this issue, as well as takes a trip to the seaside with a group of her friends(I have to admit I kinda loved the joke with the bikini shot... XD ). There is another attempt by the mystery group at finding Teru's brothers' program, and the relationship with Kurosaki becomes more involved. As for Daisy's secret identity... well, you...more
Bbabri
Változatlanul imádom!
Egyre jobb és jobb, én pedig izgulok, hogy mi lesz Teru és Kurosaki-Daisy sorsa. Annyira aranyosak együtt.
Teru kiköltözik Kurosaki-Daisy-től, és összeköltözik Riko-val. Kurosaki már halálra van rémülve, hogy hová költözhetnek a lányok, erre kiderül, hogy a szomszéd lakásba. :-D
Ezen akkorát nevettem, hogy még a könnyem is kicsordult.
Változatlanul humoros,romantikus és néhol lelkizős. De épp ez a jó benne.
Kurosaki-Daisy szerelmes, de ezt még magának sem akarja beismerni. Teru...more
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Dengeki Daisy is a favorite of mine for not only for its beautiful artistic characters but also for the romance that just tantalized me through and through but also for the tight-knit relations that the characters have. Through a darkened past, they all stick close to each other because they are more of a family. That is what I find beautiful about this manga.

Definitely something Shojo fans should look into. You'll fall for the characte...more
Online Eccentric Librarian
This is, by far, the best volume in the series so far! Teru moves out from Kurosaki's apartment to live with her brother's girlfriend, Rika. But she doesn't move away far and circumstances are working out such that Kursaki's carefully held secret is about to break - and Teru is going to realize that the one person she most hoped is Daisy - might actually be Daisy!

The smooth blend of action, romance, and humor continues and all the wonderful banter between Kurosaki and Teru is showcased so beauti...more
Jeannette
I really like the romantic-love aspects of this story. Kurosaki won’t share his feelings with Teru, because he thinks it’s his job to protect her, and Daisy’s job to be kind. Teru won’t confess her feelings because she is insecure, and feels that Kurosaki doesn’t care for her. These two will obviously get together! The scenes they share are sweet, touching, and silly at times. I like that Teru acts/reacts like a normal sixteen year-old girl would. At the same time, she is also quite a tough litt...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
My Thoughts:

Teru gets quite a shock in this one. She doesn't seem to be angry the way you might expect she'd be, though.
Mercy Martinez
¡OH MY GOD!

Fue genial!!! Lo único malo..... no hubo tantos momentos de risa (es eso o es que estoy dura ahora u.u) aun así, me encanto y mas que Teru ya sabe toda la verdad y ahora... que pasara con Kurosaki y Daisy? Se quedara calvo por fin?? :D
ChicaLetra
¡Cada vez más emocionante!
*Queen Diva*
Haha!! This volume was hilarious! There were many moments I burst out laughing at! And loads of moments where I was squee-ing like a fan girl with hearts flying all over my face! LOL!

Teru is really a great character. I LOVED how she was about ready to kick those girls' asses when they were picking on her. Normal female manga characters would have just cried...but she was like "You wanna piece of this?" and I was like OMG YES!!! So I was very happy!

Man, I just fricken love this series!!!
Kristine Pratt
Things are heating up - why do I connect so quickly and easily to these characters? I find myself wanting to cry at the end.
Warnie B.
Ahhhhhh, why isn't the next one out yet?!? As you can tell, I'm still very much hooked on this series. In this volume, I love all the bickering (especially Teru's "Go Baaaaaald" song--ha!), Teru's talk with Mr. Takeda, and the discovery of the music box (dun-dun-DUN!). Teru and Kurosaki's relationship begins to take an interesting turn at the end, and there's still tons to learn about Teru's mysterious dead brother. All in all, I'm dying for volume 4--hurry UP already!!!
Beckiezra
Some nice background on Teru and random character interactions (I still have no idea what all her friends names are and it's only five or six people so it shouldn't be that hard to introduce them/keep track of who's who). The realization of who Daisy is was REALLY well handled even if I didn't particularly care for Teru's reaction. At the start of chapter 14 I was sure the tease in the last chapter was not going to be fulfilled because the manga went back a bit.
Thenia
Teru uncovers the secret but she doesn't let on that she knows, hoping that things will remain as they are between her and DAISY/Kurosaki. A lot of things start making sense now about Kurosaki's behavior and Teru is falling fast.

Kurosaki's friends have bigger roles in the story, especially Riko-san who used to be Teru's brother's girlfriend and now is Teru's friend and roommate.

Fun characters, interesting plot and an intriguing ongoing mystery.
Misty
I read vols 1-3 all in one sitting (which I normally don't do or have time to do), which says a lot considering I had really gotten away from manga over the past year or so because they just didn't seem to be coming out with quality stories worth collecting anymore. I received these as a gift, actually, and absolutely love them, cannot wait until vol 4. My face hurt from grinning so much when I read these, super cute and not at all cliche.
Miranda
Patricia BookExhibitionism
Katie
This series is really cute... I'll admit, after volume 3, I've grown to really like the characters, and am completely hooked on the story! I am starting to see the pull of manga -- the expressive illustrations add a lot to the story in ways that words maybe couldn't express. Great volume, great manga series for girls!
jo mo
shelby's comment

tags: daddy long legs, secret identity, hacking, media, cellphone, programming, dead sibling, guilt, shame, teen, high school
sinta nisfuanna
tadinya benci hujan. habis jadi ingat kenangan buruk dulu. tapi kurasa pasti akan berubah. semakin banyak berhubungan dengan orang lain ... pasti aku akan belajar lalu jadi pintar dan kuat. kenangan pun akan jadi sesuatu yang berharga

Jenny
[Ch. 10-14:]

I wonder what Kurosaki did that was so bad that he can't even tell Teru that he's Daisy? I think she already knows by now, which is definitely progress. ^.^

I just gotta say, the mangaka artist draws so pretty. (:
Nicole
I really enjoy this series; definitely good guilty pleasure shoujo manga. In volume 3, there is some good story progression (mum's the word on details), and plenty of sweet/tender moments between Teru and Kurosaki (aka Daisy)...

--Nicole
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 11 (Maid Sama!, #11)
  • Faster than a Kiss 03
  • Black Bird, Vol. 9 (Black Bird, #9)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 07
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03
  • High School Debut, Vol. 13 (High School Debut, #13)
  • 今日、恋をはじめます 2 [Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu] (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #2)
4519463
Kyousuke Motomi (最富 キョウスケ Motomi Kyōsuke) is a Japanese mangaka whose stories have frequently been published in the monthly Betsucomi magazine. She is most currently working on Dengeki Daisy.

She uses a male pseudonym and draws herself as a man, but she's actually female."If my stories can touch you, make you laugh, forget unhappy things, or even give you that 'good job' feeling, then I'll be super...more
More about Kyousuke Motomi...
Beast Master, Vol. 1 (Beast Master, #1) Electric Daisy, Vol. 1 (Dengeki Daisy, #1) Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2) Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 2 (Dengeki Daisy, #2) 電撃デイジー 6 (Dengeki Daisy, #6)